Pacavelli

Barry or Petrov?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Barry or Petrov?

• Barry
    • Petrov

Can mods please add a pole.

No, I need the pole for my washing line. I've added a poll instead - OBE

Straight forward question, who would you prefare in your team Barry or Petrov? Lets not just go on this seasons performances....as an overall player who would you choose?

For me it would be Petrov...more passion and drive and adds more to the team imo.

Barry is twice the player of Petrov in the holding role.

No he isn't, and when has EVER proved this? Barry doesn't have the aggression or tackling to keep that role. In fact he can't tackle at all so he would be rubbish at it.

Barry by a mile. Can do everything Petrov can do and a whole lot more besides.

Can he tackle? No he can't. In fact he lost the ball dangerously versus Fulham because he wouldn't/couldn't get his shorts dirty.

Barry's idea of tackling is running into opponents backsides.

No he can't. In fact tell me a single tackle he has made this entire season.

Aaron Lennon, Spurs at home, even keep with him for pace before pulling off a great tackle regaining possesion.

His tackling is very good. One of his strengths is that he doesn't go to ground easily, preferring instead to use his body strength and nous to dispossess players. It might not look as dramatic as a five yard slide but it's extremely effective. For me Barry is a more effective tackler than Petrov.

If you think Barry's tackling is very good you haven't seen him play much. He is **** shit at it and loses possession by simply not making an effort of gaining the ball, Half the time he gives away stupid free kicks by running into players backs and yelling at the ref after doing so.

Petrov is way better.

Â