Barry or Petrov???

Pacavelli

Barry or Petrov?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Barry or Petrov?

• Barry
    • Petrov

petrov for me. mind you i wouldn't want to lose either as they have both been top class for us.

barry over a longer period, but i think stan has really found his feet now and could be a really major player for us over the next 4/5 seasons.

Petrov.

If we're talking about who has been our better servant then Barry, but we're not.

On his day Barry is our most important player, but over this entire season Petrov has been undoubtedly our best performer.

I can't remember a player putting in so many consistently high performances over a season. The fact that Petrov hasnt actually had a bad game this year should not be overlooked.

if barry had been SO excellent this season then i think that this discussion would be less evenly split, and maybe he might have got the player of the year.

most people forgave barry early in the season because he got back into the team, got his head down and worked hard, which ultimately got most of the fans back on his side. you can not, however, escape the fact that the second half of the season has been dreadful - yes, i know that we had key players out, and some others who played badly, but the one single player for me who stood out as being exceptionally poor was barry. he showed no fight, no desire to motivate those around him and has repeatedly disappeared in games when we needed him to stand up and be counted - and HE IS THE CAPTAIN.

he has serious flaws to his game - mobility, tackling, shooting, lack of right foot etc, and has shown no signs of trying to sort them out - in any case none of his weaknessess seem to shown any signs of improving.

we have had many important players over the years, but we have got over the departure of every single one of them, and we will do the same with barry

I think it's funny that so many people are angry at Barry for wanting to join Liverpool.

There is a reason why he, and not Petrov, is being linked with a club such as them, and not the other way around.

Do you think Petrov would have stayed had they made a mid for him? That is hypotetical of course, as they have

never shown any interest in the player and neither has any other big club.

I think they should sign him tbh, then everyone can see him fail. He will be benched, drop out of the England squad, lose legend status here and just fade. Please leave Gareth.

Unfortunately Petrov is going to be with us now for a lot longer than Barry. It is however important that Martin doesn't allow Barry to run down his contract, so unless Barry signs a new contract, we should get what we can for Barry in the summer. I also think Barry's reaction at the end of the Newcastle match should tell us everything we need to know!

As far as preference between the two players, it speaks volumes when none of the top four have shown an interest in Petrov. I would also approach this decision by deciding who we would miss the most and that for me would be Barry, even though i have previously, in other threads, advocated the sale this summer of both players!

Barry every time.

If he hadn't have expressed an interest in moving on last summer this wouldn't have even been asked.

50%-50% at the minute. Again this is laughable and shows how fickle some people are.

If Downing’s move away from Teesside is delayed, then the loss of the transfer cash will potentially wreck Boro’s carefully-crafted promotion plans should they be relegated. The cash from the Downing deal is seen as crucial to Boro’s financial budget to support a bid to come straight back up again at the first attempt.

If Downing is still on Teesside next season in rehab, then it will force Boro to downsize their promotion bid. If Boro pull off the Great Escape on Sunday and stay in the Premier League, then they will be cushioned against the Downing injury and will find it much easier to cope.

They ain't staying up and he ain't being auctioned off between ManCity, Liverpool, Spurs and ourselves anymore. He will probably go next summer after horrible season in the chumpionship being kicked from pillar to post.

I think they should sign him tbh, then everyone can see him fail. He will be benched, drop out of the England squad, lose legend status here and just fade. Please leave Gareth.

Blimey Wuo. Did he run over your dog?

Why do you hate him so much? He is our best player technically, and one I really wouldn't like to see leave.

Everyone who is saying barry is a fantastic player would you be happy with barry and gerrard lining up in the middle for England in south africa next summer? or prefer carrick, hargreaves, lampard, beckham, downing...

Just dont think he has the drive to be that good, ive seen him have brilliant games just not very often and normally when we lose against a top 4 club

Everyone who is saying barry is a fantastic player would you be happy with barry and gerrard lining up in the middle for England in south africa next summer? or prefer carrick, hargreaves, lampard, beckham, downing...

Just dont think he has the drive to be that good, ive seen him have brilliant games just not very often and normally when we lose against a top 4 club

Yes, I would as it happens. I'd be very happy. He's not better than Lampard or Beckham, but he's better than the rest.

Barry everyday of week.

Petrov is flavour of the month but Barry is the better footballer.

Stan has certainly benefitted from younger members conforming to a viewpoint that is fashionable.

Barry has certainly benefitted from older members conforming to a viewpoint that is traditional but out of date.

Yeah pretty content whether he is a Villa player or not.

Â