The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Back to The Wooden Shjips gig. Mugstar were rather good, the other support band, the Fresh and Only's were simply awful though.

The Wooden Shjips were great, fantastically tight band, it takes some talent to play what they do, it's not as easy as it might first seem. Quite impressed by them tbh even if the front line all look like characters from the Furry Freak Bros (inc a Fat Freddy / Noddy Holder cross breed on keyboards) and the drummer was very animatd but could quite easily have been some scally picked up off the streets of Liverpool in the 80's. Must admit though I did think it a little over long a set in the end, there's only so much of that metronomic psychedlic krautrock drone stuff you can take at once I think, if I was stoned, I would probably have thought differently but alas not. Impressive that they could do what they do nonetheless

• 3 weeks later...

on saturday I bought 2 tickets to see steve earle at the symphony hall on 31st october

cant wait i'm absolutely buzzing, my flatmate is proper pissed off with me cuz he has to miss it as he's going on holiday the week before and the girl I am taking has barely ever heard of him

Looking forward to ...

Some of the Supersonic Festival line up (although i'm still 50/50 if i can justify the weekend tickets for the 6-8 bands i actually wouldnt mind seeing)

Motorhead (Wolverhampton Civic)

Melvins (Birmingham Institute)

Acid Mothers Temple & Bong (Birmingham Hare And Hounds)

The Horrors (Birmingham Academy)

Spiritualized (Royal Albert Hall)

you bastard

you got tickets for spiritualized at the albert hall???

I tried everywhere for them but heard about it too late, the greatest gig I have ever been to was spiritualized at the sage in newcastle, fooking amazing that was, they played the whole of the ladies and gentlemen album

Melvins (Birmingham Institute)

Acid Mothers Temple & Bong (Birmingham Hare And Hounds)

Spiritualized (Royal Albert Hall)

:thumb: Nice.

All cracking live bands, I've had the pleasure to see. AMT should be wild!

Great band, there's actually a 50/50 chance I can't go. Wont know for sure until the weekend though. So if you still fancy it I might have one ticket to sell (standing, face value of course)

Do you know what mate I would bite your hand off if it was in brum but I can't realy afford the travel and stuff at the moment and wouldn't fancy going all that way on my own (I get lonely sometimes) :-(

Haveto give it a miss unfortunately

Looking forward to ...

Some of the Supersonic Festival line up (although i'm still 50/50 if i can justify the weekend tickets for the 6-8 bands i actually wouldnt mind seeing)

Which bands are you looking to see there? Best line-up they've had in a good few years I reckon. Worth it just for Electric Wizard, Secret Chiefs 3, Alva Noto, Part Chimp and DJ Scotch Egg for me. Everything else is a bonus :D

Looking forward to ...

Which bands are you looking to see there? Best line-up they've had in a good few years I reckon. Worth it just for Electric Wizard, Secret Chiefs 3, Alva Noto, Part Chimp and DJ Scotch Egg for me. Everything else is a bonus :D

Of that lot, Alva Noto and Part Chimp.

I've got very bored of Electric Wizard over the last few years and Secret Chiefs do nothing for me at all. DJ Scotch Egg 'maybe'

For me, Circle, Turbonegro, Drmcnt, Teeth Of The Sea, Pharoah Ovelord and that's about it

lovely

got into work this morning and a bird came over and told me she has bought us two tickets to see the bootleg beatles on 20th december at the NIA, I told her I couldnt afford to pay her back until payday and she said it was her treat, I will give her the money back wether she likes it or not....that or i'll just do her up the wrong'un as payment

lovely

got into work this morning and a bird came over and told me she has bought us two tickets to see the bootleg beatles on 20th december at the NIA, I told her I couldnt afford to pay her back until payday and she said it was her treat, I will give her the money back wether she likes it or not....that or i'll just do her up the wrong'un as payment

Bloody hell, I went up her wrong 'un last night and my missus didn't get me any gig tickets. I will have to remonstrate with her. :(

Looking forward to ...

Of that lot, Alva Noto and Part Chimp.

Hell yi. Part Chimp, man, what a band. If you could invent a band to fit your taste perfectly, they'd be it for me. Loud, heavy, tons of fuzz and noisy as ****, love them.

Try a.P.A.t.T. if you havent experienced them before. Quality experimental troupe from Liverpool, who do one of the best renditions of the Mos Eisley Cantina music I have ever heard :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

just got back from a Letz Zep tribute band gig, honestly they're **** awesome, and I'm **** deaf right now. The Plant and Page guys look the part as well but they do sound so **** good. Will see again when I have the chance.

Next up, Frank Turner in a months time :)

Â