What do you want most?

Pelle

What would you want most?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want most?

• Play like Bolton and reach Europe.
    • Play entertaining and finish 10th to 14th.
    • Rubbish! We can play both entertaing and reach Europe.

The players we have now might not be good enough to play both entertaining and win enough games. Notice the word "might". So what would you want most? Us playing like Bolton and going places or playing some entertaining stuff bot not going anywhere, maybe just down and even longer behind teams like Spurs and Newcastle? I think it can be hard if we don't get some new players in pretty soon to play entertaining and still win enough games.

I want us to win. Once we are winning, the style of victory is a secondary consideration. People castigated JG for his style of play and tactics, but we were winning and I was happy at 4.45 on a Saturday.

If we start winning, then we can think about the style in which we won. Win first.

I went for #3 but if there was no #3 I would go for #1. A boring 1-0 is still 1-0. Winning is much more important than entertaining because you can eventually buy the entertaining players with the money earned by being successful. Look at boring boring Arsenal now.

Bolton don't even try to play football. They try to break the game down into something it's not. Did you see Diouf yesterday? Not once did he try to cross the ball in, he just kicked it in the feet of the defenders hopeing for a throw-in or a corner. I don't want to see any team play like that and especially not Villa.

I know what you're saying Tarjei, and maybe they are the most extreme example of destructive football, but they are in Europe and we can't argue with that. From that position of relative strength, they COULD bring in the entertaining players that we all crave.

Â