Do you believe in God ?

Ballybunion_Ice

Do you believe in God  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont give a shit

Have you read any of my posts about God's condemnation of this practice? I notice those about God's clear instructions for it not to be carried out were completely ignored.

LMFAO They ignored him!!!! If only god had a power to stop the deaths of innocent children!

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jesus (who is God) admits that Demons are capable of supernatural acts, then why is god so allmighty?

I don't believe Jesus is God. I believe he is God's son...

As I said yesterday Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the Earth if he would do one act of worship to him,

how could Satan do that if he wasn't in a position to do that? Therefore the Bible acknowledges that Satan and the Demons

have a huge amount of power and influence over events on the earth.

LMFAO They ignored him!!!! If only god had a power to stop the deaths of innocent children!

Well actually he did in the end...because the foul Canaanite practice of devoting firstborn children to fire was wiped out, along with those who practiced it.

Brum American why are you trailing through posts, making sniping comments, yet ignoring the context very often. We were having a debate on specific questions. I'm not laughing and poking fun at your posts.

Well actually he did in the end...because the foul Canaanite practice of devoting firstborn children to fire was wiped out, along with those who practiced it.

Brum American why are you trailing through posts, making sniping comments, yet ignoring the context very often. We were having a debate on specific questions. I'm not laughing and poking fun at your posts.

Thats because you cant really laugh at my posts as they are based in reality. Your posts come from a deluded, superstitious, ill informed world where staffs turn into snakes and mystical deities just imagined all of the universe into existence in 6 days, then chilled on the 7th.

People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldnt have such funny beliefs. Im sorry but religion has no place in civilized society anymore. God is just an imaginary friend for people who are scared of death.

mystical deities just imagined all of the universe into existence in 6 days then chilled on the 7th.

That's so not what I believe in. Read back a few pages

If you wanna laugh and poke fun..then so be it...glad if it makes you happy

All I have tried to do is give an opposing point of view and answer specific questions.

mystical deities just imagined all of the universe into existence in 6 days then chilled on the 7th.

That's so not what I believe in. Read back a few pages

If you wanna laugh and poke fun..then so be it...glad if it makes you happy

All I have tried to do is give an opposing point of view and answer specific questions.

I have read every post closely in this forum, and I have seen nothing new that I havent seen before in the Theism - Atheism debate. All your opposing views can be crushed using science , reasoning and logic. It all boils down to faith in the end and there will never be a winner in this argument. You believe fairytales because it helps you live your life, then fair enough! I believe in science and logic. The burden of proof is on the party making the positive assertion. There is Zero evidence for the existence of ANY gods and until there is I am 99.9% sure that no gods exist.

it's funny how I have been posting for about the last 3 pages and not one response. You two sides battle it out and I will sit in the middle with the popcorn. If you are not willing to bring me into the debate and actively voice your opinion on my opinion then **** it.

I'll be back in a minute, I got salted not sweet.

it's funny how I have been posting for about the last 3 pages and not one response. You two sides battle it out and I will sit in the middle with the popcorn. If you are not willing to bring me into the debate and actively voice your opinion on my opinion then **** it.

There definitely isn't a God, and that's why. Salted popcorn, UGH!

This thread still going then.......you can't and wont change peoples views, not on here certainly. I'm an Agnostic but I'm with the arrogant Atheists when it comes to religion, it is absolute fecking bollocks. But like I say, you can argue till your blue in the face....

Just watched the latest episode of "House" and the good Doctor summed it up thusly:

"Religion is the placebo of the masses"

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

- Seneca the Younger

Too many shit things happen in life for there to be a god

As that girl from the Christian Union told me when I asked her "if God loves everyone, why do I have cancer?" "God has many different ways of showing his love".

So that's why Rob. He's just showing his love in the most bizaare ways possible.

As that girl from the Christian Union told me when I asked her "if God loves everyone, why do I have cancer?" "God has many different ways of showing his love".

So that's why Rob. He's just showing his love in the most bizaare ways possible.

please tell me she didn't say that?

I won't even say what I would have said, because I will get banned from this forum.

What is it with you english and your sweet popcorn. That is kiddy stuff you grow out of when you are 10. Salted is the only way to go.

What is it with you english and your sweet popcorn. That is kiddy stuff you grow out of when you are 10. Salted is the only way to go.

UGH! You must be joking brother!

please tell me she didn't say that?

I won't even say what I would have said, because I will get banned from this forum.

Amazingly it's true. She really did say that.

If the first humans were 'perfect' then how could they choose to be imperfect?

Free will? That would suggest that free will itself might be imperfect (in that it allows something perfect to become imperfect). Therefore giving a perfect creature that imperfection might not have been a perfect thing to do.

No it's not imperfect to have free will.

I think you have misunderstood what I have said.

I haven't said that it is imperfect to have free will.

What I questioned was how these creatures which were perfect were able to become imperfect. It seems that they were able to choose to become imperfect because of this thing which they were given called free will.

If something is perfect and its creator adds something which then goes on to make it imperfect then wouldn't that suggest that the creator is responsible for that imperfection.

To compare this to parents and babies is ludicrous.

Parents do not have control over their children (or their perfection) in the same way as a god-like creator.

Jesus was a perfect man, yet the Bible says the Devil tempted him into not obeying God and instead choosing a different path. If Jesus couldn't have been anything else but perfect, why the heck would the Devil bother tempting him...would have been a waste of time.

I think the problem with this is that you believe this Jesus in the Bible was a 'perfect' man. He, if he did exist, is nothing of the sort.

If God didn't create Satan, who did? Man?

The word "Satan" means resister...the word "Devil" comes from the Greek word "Diabolos" meaning "slanderer", &c.

None of which tells us who created this Satan or devil or whatever you wish to call him/it.

Was it God?

EDIT: I see that you have subsequently answered that it was indeed God.

Surely if God is the creator of everything then he is at the origin of everything - that would be good and evil.

In my book the inventor of everything ought to take responsibility for everything and that includes the creation of evil.

I don't particularly mind the idea that someone could think that there is this kind of creator (though I couldn't fall for it myself) what I really do mind is this God is good, the Devil is bad business. If God exists then everything is to his credit and everything is his fault.

I can't stand the thought of sweeten popcorn. :? Seems, well, awfull.

Anyway, IIRC I have to correct Julie on one note. You said that the babylonians and egyptians thought the earth was flat. When I studied history at university, with some good results I have to say, and by reading books and stuff I'v elearned that both these cultures thought the world was round and they knew that because of some pretty advanced instruments to measure stars and all that. Can't really fully explain it in english, but they studied the stars and concluded the earth was round to simplify it. Maybe they told the jews how it was and not some God? The jews were nomads, weren't they, hardly a well educated high standing people.

There are some names mentioned in the bible that have some historical backgrounds, yes, but I'd guess that very few of them were even close to what they're said to be in the bible. A comparison, probably a bad one, could be king Arthur. In many movies and stories it's all about him and the knights and the round table and all that. You know the stories. There are no real facts that proves that he's ever existed but if he did there are no chance in cats hell that he ever was the kind of king with all the fully armed knights the stories tell us about. My point? If not clear, as said, even if there are a few names mentioned in the bible with historical background they're probably not what you might think they were. It's most likely that Balzhaar (spelling) was a leader of a tribe, not a king. For example.

Believe what you want and I agree, it's not a good thing to laugh at other peoples believes, but they're always been bound to be questioned by non-believers. especially as there are a fair few flaws in the holy books.

Â