The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

No it would be more like making a movie of a cyborg that travels back in time to kill a woman who would give birth to the leader of the resistance...except giving the cyborg a side kick named dave and then justify it as a whole new movie

Yeah, I agree with Mrs BOF - there's obvious similarities to the 'last person standing' combat but the surrounding storyline is a completely different animal. Fwiw, I thought Hunger Games was OK, I found it reasonably entertaining but I agree with CVByrne about the acting and technical side which was quite shoddy.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

No it would be more like making a movie of a cyborg that travels back in time to kill a woman who would give birth to the leader of the resistance...except giving the cyborg a side kick named dave and then justify it as a whole new movie

Well I can only say if you genuinely believe that you've either not seen one of the films in question or your memory is failing you.

The storylines are completely different.

But this is the internet Stevo, you're not allowed to have a rational opinion. It has to terrible in every way, or a horrible turd. :D

Ignore the facts such as record breaking revenue and awards. Its SHIT. In every way.

Record breaking revenue would make Avengers and Iron Man 3 both in the top 5 movies of all time though. As right as that is, I'm sure some, namely Mrs. BOF, will disagree.

As for Hunger Games, I don't get the fuss. Not the worst move ever, but it wasn't enjoyable I didn't think.

Its a blatant rip of battle royal

Exactly what I don't understand.

Again, the actual event in the film is more or less a rip off of Battle Royale. But the entirety of the story around it, which is most of the film and the books, is totally different.

It would be like me writing a novel which happened to have a quidditch match in it somewhere and you saying my whole book was a total rip off of Harry potter, despite the story being totally different.

I agree with you. If every film with a similar idea is a rip off of each other, there's bout 5 original films (exaggeration), ever

I haven't seen Hunger Games, so I can neither praise nor slate it from an informed position, but I will say this; I bet it ain't as bad as Battle Royale II, which was f**king terrible (aside from the hilarious gurning high-school teacher rugby suicide explosion).

All this talk of Hunger Games reminded me of a nerdy question I was asked once and will now ask you, it is your choice to answer it however be aware it is your destiny.

Who is the best archer in Film History?

Behind the cut are some candidates...I must warn you there's a bit of swearing...and some are not actually from films.

tumblr_m84weyb7tV1r5yyl5o1_500.png

DoCk9.png

970W8.jpg

xeMz2.jpg

E3ZPN.jpg

aJ7et.jpg

40mDr.jpg

My vote goes to Disney's Robin Hood

But this is the internet Stevo, you're not allowed to have a rational opinion. It has to terrible in every way, or a horrible turd. :D

Ignore the facts such as record breaking revenue and awards. Its SHIT. In every way.

It did clean up at the Teen Choice Awards and Teen Icon awards to be fair. Though sadly lost on the MTV award for best Kiss.  :(

Â