The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Hachi; A dog's tale. Oh it was quite sad, I love dogs. :(

That film would bring Geoff Capes out in tears.

Watched it last year with my kids in 6th grade. I found one of the 'hard boys' looking at the bookcase, at the back of the class, for about 10 minutes after it had finished. I went up to him to see if he was ok and he as crying his eyes out.

Watched "30 Minutes or Less" on the weekend.

It gets a big fat "Meh" from me.

The indian guy in it is about as funny as getting you rnipples twisted.

THought the premise was quite funny though, which sort of saved it for me.

Not really a hilarious comedy though.

I saw 30 Minutes or Less at the cinema.

It's second only to the Grudge 2 for the worst film I've ever seen in a cinema. And at that film at least I was with a hot girl, 30 Minutes or Less I saw with 3 mates.

And yes the Indian guy is about as funny as losing a beloved pet. All the more annoyingly, the film is convinced he's funny as ****.

I didn't think it was that bad, but yeah if I'd seen it at the cinema I'd have been annoyed I'd paid for it.

They certainly gave the indian guy all the funny bits. you could tell they were thinking that the stuff he said was really funny. But the majority of it wasn't, at all.

On a related note, worst film I've seen at the cinema is definitely Spiderman 3. Total garbage. Closely followed by 8 Legged Freaks. That was also shite.

And I don't necessarily think it was a bad film, but Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is certainly up there for "film I've enjoyed least at the cinema".

Finally gonna get to watch Dracula Prince of Darkness on Bluray. Supposedly a very good transfer compared with the DVD I have, and it's always been one of my favourites of the Christopher Lee Dracula era (even though he doesn't utter a word of dialogue in it).

Terence Fisher could certainly teach some of Hollywood's current directors how to shoot effectively with skill and craft within a budget, definitely the best of the Hammer directors imo.

b1eaf460967b250b62c09d368dbffd3f.jpg

Really looking forward to The Devil Rides Out coming to Bluray too. First day purchase indeed.

I didn't think it was that bad, but yeah if I'd seen it at the cinema I'd have been annoyed I'd paid for it.

They certainly gave the indian guy all the funny bits. you could tell they were thinking that the stuff he said was really funny. But the majority of it wasn't, at all.

On a related note, worst film I've seen at the cinema is definitely Spiderman 3. Total garbage. Closely followed by 8 Legged Freaks. That was also shite.

And I don't necessarily think it was a bad film, but Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is certainly up there for "film I've enjoyed least at the cinema".

I take it you are referring to Aziz Ansari from '30 Minutes or Less'. The thing is that he's just one of those comedians that you either love or hate. I personally don't mind him and think he's funny in the TV show 'Parks and Recreation'. However, I didn't find him at all funny in '30 Minutes or Less' and thought the film was pretty poor. The only thing that was good in it was the pacing of the whole thing. Plus the bank robbery scene.

I never understood all of the hate for Spiderman 3 to be honest. It was bloated beyond belief with characters, yet parts of it worked. Sure, Venom was thrown in there, yet it was hardly the worst film ever. I would say that the worst film I have ever seen at the cinema would be between 'Clash of the Titans' (the 2010 version), 'Pearl Harbor' or 'The Happening'. I have probably been to see worse, yet those ones really left a scar...

Aziz: Yeah my friend (the one who recommended 30MOL) absolutely loves him. I've never seen Parks and Recreation so can't comment on that.

Spiderman 3: It's bullshit. I'd have walked out if I'd had a lift home (it was at uni when I didn't drive and I'd gone with friends who wanted to stay). That bit where he's like a goth and is strutting down the street is probably the worst scene in cinematic history.

It's not the worst film ever. But of the films I've seen at the cinema, it is definitely the worst.

Spiderman 3: It's bullshit. I'd have walked out if I'd had a lift home (it was at uni when I didn't drive and I'd gone with friends who wanted to stay). That bit where he's like a goth and is strutting down the street is probably the worst scene in cinematic history.

It's not the worst film ever. But of the films I've seen at the cinema, it is definitely the worst.

I tend to just erase that scene from my mind to be honest...

Spiderman 3 is... weak. It reeks of a film that the studio demanded and the director didn't give too much of a **** about. The plot is... alright, didn't need Venom shoe-horning in, but the whole thing then just doesn't hang together too well.

Speaking of Spidey, some details about the new one came out recently. Apparently they have been keen to do something a little different with it, so some of the details have changed a little and they were interested in showing the audience something new. They acknowledge some of the canon has to stay the same (Uncle Ben copping it, spider bite to get powers) but are changing details and also want to focus on the story few Spiderman stories have done - what's up with his parents, exactly? What was going on with them?

Still... I know nobody that gives a shit that theres a new Spidey film this year.

I'm looking forward to it. Not convinced on the appearance of The Lizard in it (the face is weird), yet the cast is good. I think Garfield was a good choice to play Spider-Man and the whole approach they are going for seems to be good.

I was a fan of the other recent Spider-Man films though (especially the second) and don't see the necessity for a reboot right now. I still want to see it, yet I'm not convinced that it needed to be made.

It was that, and this scene

The news reporter in this scene is so **** cheesy it made me want to eat my own face. Specifically at 4:40 of that clip

I don't care if she's a minor part and this is the climax of the film, she ruins it. Her and the unbelievably cheesy dialogue splattered all over the place.

It's just the cheesiest film I think I've ever seen. I don't care if comic book films are meant to be a bit cheesy, it just didn't work for me. I hated it

It was that, and this scene

:huh:

Yeah I'm sure it'll be a decent enough film, but I'm not hankering to see it. And I love Spiderman and the Lizard is one of my favourite villains. It's the cynicism of it, I think. It's a film being made to make the most of the film rights and to stave off the rights reverting to Marvel for a little longer.

The Lizard interpretation they've gone for is a weird one. It's not unprecedented in the comics, but it's by far the worst design for the Lizard. I'm sure they've done it so Ifans can 'act' a little more in the role, it's a bit hard to map a guys emotions onto a lizard face. Might look silly too. Oh well.

New Avengers clip - Tony Stark and Loki have a chat.

Interesting enough clip, its the full clip they pulled the last 'Headcount' TV spot from. Theres something about the description of the Hulk as 'a man with breathtaking anger management issues' that makes me smile.

Â