The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

23 hours ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

As usual with anthology movies it's quite patchy, but it was worth a watch just for the final story written and directed by Scott Derickson (Sinister/Black Phone) which could easily have been made into a interesting full length movie.

I only got as far as the 3rd one

On 15/10/2023 at 13:35, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

As usual with anthology movies it's quite patchy, but it was worth a watch just for the final story written and directed by Scott Derickson (Sinister/Black Phone) which could easily have been made into a interesting full length movie.

Thought it was good, the back story was abit wierd compared to the others. I think the last one was better the one with that ratman

On 16/10/2023 at 14:12, Follyfoot said:

Expend4bles (2023) - IMDb

A tad misleading poster in all fairness but daft as a brush action as usual, helped along by the foxy Ms Fox and Curtis '50 cent' Jackson 

Its 💩

They need to stop with these already

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

shame it has to be watched in the original japanese language obviously, they've gone A lister for this

unnamed-1697573443477.jpg?fit=bounds&width=1280&height=720

Ghibli's are the only film I'll watch in English for the very reason that they usually go for big hitters and not the usual ridiculously over American dub voice.

51 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Ghibli's are the only film I'll watch in English for the very reason that they usually go for big hitters and not the usual ridiculously over American dub voice.

might be wrong here but i thought it was because of disney having the distribution rights and them doing it but i guess now they're just so popular they will be in demand 

this is meant to be a corker

Well that's the thing with a Napoleon biopic. He's a man who lived such an outrageous life that to even attempt to do it justice you need a lot of time. The climactic battles alone will eat into running time, and that's without covering his rise to even being an historically relevant figure, or the ridiculous scope of things he did - going from a relative nobody in a backwater to the emperor of France and attempting to become ruler of all Europe (and very nearly did it) - or his personal life, or the bizarre stuff like gallivanting around Egypt with a bunch of intellectuals whilst leading an empire building war, or the reaction to him from his opposition... Anything less than 4hrs is on a hiding to nothing.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Got The Northman to watch later, Alexander Skarsgaard and Anya Taylor Joy amongst a decent cast.

Always a Skarsgaard in these Scando pics ;)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Got The Northman to watch later, Alexander Skarsgaard and Anya Taylor Joy amongst a decent cast.

Always a Skarsgaard in these Scando pics ;)

One of my favourite movies from last year Roberto - absolutely love Robert Eggers stuff 👍

• Like 2

Â