The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

i prefer harry brown, even if it is just a daily mail reader's wet dream.
Sean Harris is brilliant in the little scene that he has. I think the really good cast in that film makes it.

I saw The Bucket List. You pretty much know exactly what you're getting before you watch it.

Is it worth a watch then Bri?

It's unremarkable and inoffensive light-hearted feel-good fare. If you particularly like Morethan Freeman or Jack Nicholas then go for it. It's my benchmark for a 6 out of 10 movie.

I saw The Bucket List. You pretty much know exactly what you're getting before you watch it.

Is it worth a watch then Bri?

It's unremarkable and inoffensive light-hearted feel-good fare. If you particularly like Morethan Freeman or Jack Nicholas then go for it. It's my benchmark for a 6 out of 10 movie.

Sounds like a nice put your feet up with a can type film. Nothing that requires to much brain power...the missus should love it then! :)

Re-watched Road to Perdition the other night for the first time in quite a while.

Glorious, glorious film. Struggle to fault it.

It's one of my favourites, sublime acting and a great story. Tom Hanks is my favourite actor, and not just because he's a Villa fan :winkold:

As for Gran Torino though, I'd heard it was great and the concept was good, I just don't think it was well executed. Also, the asian lad in it was an absolutely awful actor. Cringe-worthy.

Harry Brown was much, much better.

Sounds like a nice put your feet up with a can type film. Nothing that requires to much brain power...the missus should love it then! :)

I've never seen The Bucket List but if you like films that are heart-warming and don't require any thinking then I'd recommend Stranger Than Fiction. Will Ferrell puts in a really good acting performance too. It's not a typical Will Ferrell film by the way.

Exactly. Won't rock your world but won't annoy you either :)

As for Gran Torino though, I'd heard it was great and the concept was good, I just don't think it was well executed. Also, the asian lad in it was an absolutely awful actor. Cringe-worthy.

Alot of the actors in it were amateur actors/actress' anyway. I thought that was how he was meant to come accross imo. A bit slow/quiet and not with it type character.

I've never seen The Bucket List but if you like films that are heart-warming and don't require any thinking then I'd recommend Stranger Than Fiction. Will Ferrel puts in a really good acting performance too. It's not a typical Will Ferrel film by the way.

Wont be watching it mate...cant stand Will Ferrel!

Alot of the actors in it were amateur actors/actress' anyway. I thought that was how he was meant to come accross imo. A bit slow/quiet and not with it type character.

That's fair enough but it didn't come across that way to me. There was nothing natural about his performance, it was just wooden and awkward in a bad way. I suppose if they chose to use amateurs then what can you expect? I thought the sister was decent enough.

I also think that somebody dared Eastwood to try and cram as many different racial slurs into two hours as much as possible. I also think there was a huge jump from being a massive racist with a particularly un-sunny disposition towards asians, especially when they're moving into his neighbourhood, and then befriending them. It seemed that one minute he was racist, and the next he was entering their home during a celebration and eating their food and being chummy.

I don't know, it just didn't seem to be very well done, but it's probably just me since the film is very popular.

i'm actually watching gran torino now, first time in ages that I have seen it. I thought it was a real good watch

That's fair enough but it didn't come across that way to me. There was nothing natural about his performance, it was just wooden and awkward in a bad way. I suppose if they chose to use amateurs then what can you expect? I thought the sister was decent enough.

I also think that somebody dared Eastwood to try and cram as many different racial slurs into two hours as much as possible. I also think there was a huge jump from being a massive racist with a particularly un-sunny disposition towards asians, especially when they're moving into his neighbourhood, and then befriending them. It seemed that one minute he was racist, and the next he was entering their home during a celebration and eating their food and being chummy.

I don't know, it just didn't seem to be very well done, but it's probably just me since the film is very popular.

I think I have the eactl opposite view of everything in your post :D

Right down to the girl being a better actor than the boy (I thought it was the other way round to be honest)

im not convinced, will give it a go still

watched a fair few trailers recently, i like the look of the depp/burton vampire film whatever thats called, total recall looks good but im not sold on them redoing it, the dictator actually looks better now they have added the story IMO, 3 stooges looks awful, snow white and the huntsman looks interesting and i cant wait to see the raid

Â