6 Nations (Poll added. Who will win the big game?)

chrissmith921

Pick one  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Ireland to win the match and take the Grand Slam
    • Wales win by less than 13pts. Ireland take the title.
    • Wales win by 13 or more and win the title

Twickenham is the only place I ever saw my Dad threaten anyone with violence.

He threatened to ram the Englishman's Cigar down his throat whilst ripping his **** handle-bar moustache off his upper lip if he didn't shut the **** up about sticking it to the Welsh Bastards (We were winning at the time)

My dad didn't even like Rugby, he just got tickets from David Duckham so he could take me

most minority sports leave me cold, though apparently I have 'Wales No 2' in the office first scorer sweep, so:

'Go Wales 2!'

Unlike in real life, in Rugby the Hooker rarely scores

Unless your name is Kevin Mealamu.

We always hammered them anyway - was our warm up before the Clifton/Marlbrough College/Millfield games. ;)

QEH Bristol were usually pretty decent too.

Anyway, U14 is my home on Saturday. Up in the corner :) now then.... If I had the wings of a sparrow...................

Hell yes. Might have been a big sparrow?

Anyhoo - the 15 who are in line for the raping of the ass on Saturday are:

15 D Armitage

14 Sackey

13 Tindall

12 Flutey

11 Cueto

10 Goode

9 Ellis

1 Sheridan

2 Mears

3 Vickery

4 Borthwick ©

5 Kennedy

6 Haskell

7 Worsley

8 Easter

That side will not stop Wales - key players in key positions and all that...

7 M Williams (probably...) vs Worsley - who normally plays 6 - there is no contest. Nugget is one of the best in the world and certainly the best in NH.

Wings: Halfpenny and Willams vs Cueto and Sackey... again only one winner - Williams alone is better than the English pairing but Halfpenny is a talent - lightening quick and a natural finisher.

8 - Andy Powell will carry the ball all day, Easter is a defensive option. Powell will dominate this.

12/13 - Roberts and Shanklin vs Flutey and Tindall - Tindall isnt quick enough for 13 and although Flutey is a decent player, he will know hes been in a game after facing the 6'5 machine that is Jamie Roberts. Shanklin is a free scoring centre who will cause endless problems. If he doesn't, Wales have Henson and/or James Hook to step in to the centres which will add even more creativity to the backline.

Up front - I'd say on paper England shade this, but Sheridan's scrummaging technique has been exposed and cannot handle facing props who are short and he fronts up against Adam Jones who has turned him over countless times in the past. Vickery vs Jenkins will be very interesting and how much change England get out of the incredibly powerful Welsh scrum will depend on the former England captain keeping the Cardiff prop from lifting him up.

I have no sane reason or logic for thinking this, but I quite fancy England to pull off a shock against Wales on Saturday..

Weekend predictions:

Wales 23 - England 26

France 28 - Scotland 6

Italy 12 - Ireland 17

Interesting but.........

I can't see passed a Wales win and a convincing one

The Scotland game will be much closer and depends on whether the French turn up or not. If they turn up focused they will win convincingly, if they don't Scotland could cause an upset. It is easy to imagine the French turning up in a couldn't care mood having already lost to the Irish and only managing to regain their focus for the England game. For the non partizan spectator this is the game of the weekend

Italy will be mullered by Ireland. The coach appears to be a complete and utter ****, why on earth anyone would play a flanker at scrum half is almost beyond reason, this wekend he way decide to experiment with a hooker at Ful back (I'm joking) Apparently Italy are taking solace from the fact they can't play any worse than they did against England. Hmmmmmm I think they can plumb new depths if they try hard enough

I can't see passed a Wales win and a convincing one

You'll never get the NVQ with grammar like that - well with the standard of adjudicators they employ I guess you might. ;)

Italy will be mullered by Ireland. The coach appears to be a complete and utter ****, why on earth anyone would play a flanker at scrum half is almost beyond reason, this wekend he way decide to experiment with a hooker at Ful back (I'm joking) Apparently Italy are taking solace from the fact they can't play any worse than they did against England. Hmmmmmm I think they can plumb new depths if they try hard enough
The flanker is moving back to being a flanker - However Ireland will relax for this game - maybe too much?

I am in the unhappy seat of looking for an ingerland victory, for two reasons:

1) To shut up those who can't understand magnanimous in victory; and

2) To see all the papers talking up an ingerlish grand slam.

Despite that, martin johnson == cock.

Â