World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Is it just me or is this latest fuss players are kicking up about the cross faction thing highlighting just how short sighted and **** stupid your average WoW player is?

They keep shouting about how now the factions are the same bar player models and racials. I mean, hold up, didn't any of the players saying this even level their character? What about the the fact that which ever faction you choose, when leveling, you experience entirely different quests, entirely different playing areas, entirely different storylines? They've become so wrapped up in raiding that they seem to have completely forgotten about this aspect of the game. Its amazing that these very players then whinge about too much raid content yet they have clearly forgotten about what they would be doing if raid content wasn't there.

Secondly, it solves the recent moaning about PvE raiding. These players don't seem to understand that the solution they suggest (basically giving Shamans pally buffs to dish out) is a worse idea than cross faction could ever be. Something like that could **** up balance big style.

Thridly, who gives a shit if it doesn't quite fit into 'lore'? Blizzard make the **** game for christ sake, they can put whatever lore they **** well like into it - afterall, Blizzard are the people who script the stuff.

These people, these morons, they're always shouting for balance and fairness and when Blizz serve it up, they **** moan some more! They're like bratish children who scream for their own way regardless and when they get it, its not enough. They're still not happy. Blizzard should just post a message stating "Right, we've had enough, we're pulling the plug on World of Warcraft. This will prove how much all the constantly moaning arseholes need us. Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

I reckon this would emotionally crush most of the sad bastards and posts entitled "Blizz0rdz, u ruin3d my lief. i am suwing!" would pop up everywhere.

/rant

Great fun at Ironforge last night, me Dan and Tarj waiting outside the ally duelling area, then one shotting the losers! Obviously died loads ourselves, but it was nice to give the allies a bit of extra incentive not to lose the duel!

And I have to say I think the Horde loladins/Alliance shammies idea is a bit crap, sort of the WoW equivalent of a TV show rewriting its stories to fit in with a character returning, eg Bobby dying then a whole series being a dream in Dallas (one for our older readers there!).

But then you could also state, with more relevance, that it is the WoW equivalent of Resident Evil 4. Capcom back tracked and rewrote the Res scenario for that game which let them freshen up the gameplay mechanics, introducing new ideas, and it turned into a blinder. Sure the 'lore' side of that was hard to swallow at first but after playing the changes, it just didn't matter anymore because the game was clearly an improvement.

It's an excellent change to WoW. Simple in concept and allows Blizzard to really expand and experiment when it comes to content and gameplay mechanics, especially when considering raiding. No longer are they restricted to making sure instances work for both faction's unique class. No more bias towards a faction having an easier time than the other because of design restrictions in the dungeon. For example, it's currently impossible for Blizzard to make an instance that NEEDS a Shaman because the Aliiance couldn't defeat it and vice versa when it comes to Paladins.

You also have to consider that when this change is implemented, there is going to be another 10 levels, each with new spells and talents to add that will be unique for each factions Paladins/Shamans. Class based racial spells (like what priest currently experience) are going to come into play. Looking at the bigger picture reveals so much potential for the game, due to the change, but these moaning players only seem to be comparing the change to current level 60 play.

Buhahahahaha, I've told you about my dream to kill a lvl 1 alliance, well today I did the next best thing, when fighting a guard at the lvl 1 Dwarf starting area, a lvl 2 loladin cast something on me, and flagged himself, much camping ensued:

lolaap4.jpg

And I have to say I think the Horde loladins/Alliance shammies idea is a bit crap, sort of the WoW equivalent of a TV show rewriting its stories to fit in with a character returning, eg Bobby dying then a whole series being a dream in Dallas (one for our older readers there!).

Agreed.

No self respecting Horde player would ever roll a bubble-pussy. :winkold:

That aside, the chances of Shammies getting into Raids over Pallys is next to zero.

That aside, the chances of Shammies getting into Raids over Pallys is next to zero.

Yes, compared to the state of current level 60 play. Only when the change is put into place, current legel 60 play is going to be different. Read why in my posts above.

Blizzard have provided excellent explanation to it all in the forums and it's all good. These people who are claiming they're quiting are going to be eating their words. And looking even more stupid.

The new instances are having bossfights with a lot more imagaination, rather than the tank and gank tactics for everything up to and including Molten Core/Onyixia.

Shit, there are even bossfights you cant do without warlocks now days. Before as long as you had a Warrior and a Priest, you had a chance. Now thats changed. Blizzard are making boss encounters more well thought out, and well designed. There will be bossfights where you need to use a specific ability from a specific class in most encounters in the expantion to ensure no one gets left out.

I dare say in the expantion there will be 50-60-100 man instances. Places where you will need more than one guild to team up. Maybe even places where the Alliance and the Horde need to unite against a common enemy.

Paladins have been given to the Horde simply to enable the Horde to enjoy the same PvE benefits as the Alliance have been taking for granted for a long time now. Shamen wont be frozen out, just your role may be changed. You might even be able to go DPS!

leetd1av1.jpg

Just noticed D1 is keeping that World of Warcraft spirit going, even though he quit six months ago!

I don't understand. :oops:

Care to enlighten me please? Unless of course there's a new Squirrel Race that I don't know about. :lol:

Sorry, but I still think the whole Horde Loladin/Alliance Shaman is a bit of piss poor game design by Blizzard. Why not look at what each class can do and change their roles, rather than just taking the easy way out so they can design "one size fits all" dungeons? I'm not at all bothered about the lore side of things, but this just feels wrong somehow, like designing a WWII flight sim and giving the Germans Lancaster bombers because it's easier in terms of game dynamics.

leetd1av1.jpg

Just noticed D1 is keeping that World of Warcraft spirit going, even though he quit six months ago!

Care to enlighten me please? Unless of course there's a new Squirrel Race that I don't know about. :lol:

Lost on me too, weirdo :roll: :nod:

Risso shut up and drop Windfury!

That's actually part of the problem, our buffs just aren't effective enough.

Say I'm in a group with 3 tanks and a lock.

I'd drop windfury, strength of earth and mana spring (unless fire res is needed).

Thing is, the WF totem is a nerf for me because it's worse than the WF buff I can apply on myself, and of course it's worse than useless for the lock. So WF is only helping three people, and mana tide benefits two. Blizzard needs to find a way to make shammies more effective, not just say "ah sod it, let's give Horde bubble poofs and we can get to the pubs quicker!"

leetd1av1.jpg

Lost on me too, weirdo :roll: :nod:

a 1337 share ratio... (well, sort of)

Blizzard needs to find a way to make shammies more effective, not just say "ah sod it, let's give Horde bubble poofs and we can get to the pubs quicker!"

Still siding with Risso on this issue.

If you take away the difference between the factions - that is, Shammies and Paladins - purely for gameplay then choosing a faction is simply a coin toss. It really makes no difference which side you are on.

They had some options with the latest shammy review:

1) Make the totems stack (e.g. 2 shammies in a party dropping FR doubles the resistance)

2) Make the totems raid wide (not group wide)

3) Allow a talent for dropping 4 of ANY totem (eg mana + health + FR and 1 other).

4) Any combination of the above.

But they did nothing....

... except introduce "Holy" pussy-bubbling paladins to the decidely unholy (and unpussy) Horde.

Lame.

shadowninjagainvj2.th.jpg

More damage shots. More 1337 obsession (even im getting worried now..) and yep, our mate Shadowninja is slain by shadowpower.

Â