World of Warcraft

The_Rev

If its any consolation, I had over 110 days /played on Nayson before The Burning Crusade was released. I was over 160 when the Dashers were attempting Magtharidon for the first time. I think it was September 07 when I "quit" for the first time.

Since then, so getting on for 18 months or so I had probably put 7 or 8 days more on Nayson and 25-30 on Eau.

I wonder what the proper hardcore players have? The game has been out for five years now. Wouldnt surprise me if there were people out there with getting on for 1000 days /played. :shock:

**edit**

Quickly searched on google for "highest /played in WoW" and there is a thread on the EU boards at the top of the list. A post dated 10th October 2007:

playedek9.jpg

post also dated 20th October 2007. 403 days 18 hours, including 59 days 14 hours at level 70.

there was some crazy dude on my old server(when i played)(Al'Akir) who had crazy played time and that was 3 years ago no kidding he had sommat like 200 days played after 2 years.i cant remember mine personnaly but i played from day 1 for about 3 years and i played every beta :P i was a true wow vet lol,but i wont touch that game ever again.

/me points at the bad person sharing his account

People doing that used to stuff raids up so often it wasn't funny.

700 pages. zomg.

That reminds me, wasn't there a guy in the Dashers that used to always let his younger brother use his account and said younger brother would pretend to be the Dasher guy?

Only he was very bad at it.

/me points at the bad person sharing his account

People doing that used to stuff raids up so often it wasn't funny.

700 pages. zomg.

That reminds me, wasn't there a guy in the Dashers that used to always let his younger brother use his account and said younger brother would pretend to be the Dasher guy?

Only he was very bad at it.

Yes, there was. God there have been some arseholes in the various guilds over the years.

My sub finishes tomorrow and I'm not going to be renewing for a while (won't say never renewing again as I always seem to drift back eventually :mrgreen: )

Just got to the 'chore' stage again the last week or so, better to just leave it for awhile.

My sub finishes tomorrow and I'm not going to be renewing for a while (won't say never renewing again as I always seem to drift back eventually :mrgreen: )

Just got to the 'chore' stage again the last week or so, better to just leave it for awhile.

Yep, I have hit a brick wall right now too. Have tried going back on it a few times over the past week or two. I just can't get into it though and it feels like I'm just going through the motions with no goal in site. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be back heavily playing it again someday. Maybe.........

Think I'm nearly at that point too, though I might see what Uldaman is like before I take a break again. Naxx feels like Karazhan did, ie a boring grind and there isn't much else to keep me interested atm.

Play LOTRO.

Played the beta and then the full game for a month. Beautiful looking but there was virtually no difference in the classes. Might have changed since then ofc.

It certainly helps if you're a LOTR fan...

Anyone seen Star Wars: TOR? So much potential in that, can't wait for it to come out. I think I'm done with WoW until the next expansion. I have been bored since I hit 80, haven't got the time for raids and pvp is just a chore. I haven't played properly in 2 months.

Quick answers:

1] Cost? Cheap. Yes, there is a subscription fee, but seriously, you will spend less money on games with a WoW addiction than if you are buying games on a normal/regular basis.

2] Lifespan? World of Warcraft is four and a half years old now, and it is as healthy as it has ever been in terms of active players. I think there are at least 12m people playing it at the moment. The game isnt going anywhere for a loooooooong time. This thread was started in 2005, its still going now!

3] WoW will run on pretty much anything. It runs on shitty laptops, which is why so many people play it.

You can get a taste of it for free here: http://www.trywarcraft.com/

Most of the VT players play as Horde on the Tarren Mill server. If you pick a different server or Alliance then you wont be able to talk to anybody. Something like this is a good thing to spend ten minutes reading.

Â