World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I will do when I go on it later. I only use Fubar top score and quest helper. :(

I tried Auctioneer, but I double clicked a level 64 staff by accident and bidded 70g! It wasn't even a mage's staff, needless to say I deleted the addon after. I'm now stuck with it as no-one will buy it back! Luckily I have 640g left..

I only have the one internal unfortunately.

Sucks, but it's not too bad. I'm really looking forward to the new Bioware Star Wars MMORPG. Knights of the Old Republic is my favourite game ever so an online version is going to be amazing. I hope.

TBH, the game is pretty stable. If it crashes on your system, its your pc with issues. There is a reapir untility buried in the installation folder. I'd try that if I were you. Nop point whining about it crashing, if no one else on the planet has the problem.

Might be your HD is on its way out.

TBH, the game is pretty stable. If it crashes on your system, its your pc with issues. There is a reapir untility buried in the installation folder. I'd try that if I were you. Nop point whining about it crashing, if no one else on the planet has the problem.

Might be your HD is on its way out.

I know it's my computer. Like I said, I've installed it before (back when I had freshly installed XP). It's just a huge mess nowadays - I really should reformat.

Rolled a mage alt just over three weeks ago, and am now at lvl 65. I'm loving it! Been slowly leveling tailoring for the Spellfire and hopefully Spelltstrike set too. I've been doing dailies on my 70 rogue, and just sending the money over to my mage. I've saved quite a bit so far :D. I'm fire spec, and love the crits!

I'm still playing this incredibly. It's really only down to my guild and the fact my brother plays it. I don't log much now apart from raids- with progress now on Archimonde, and Bloodboil.

I hope to have Archimonde and illidan down pre expansion. I've had a few attempes on Kalec too but that was more of a fun run.

The warhammer beta will open soon, and it depends on the quality of that whether I play wotlk.

I know everyone says it but Vashj/Kael have so far been the highlight of raiding. Bt/mh havent be great so far, with Teron beng so frustrating. You literally know if a new guy, or a poor player gets ghosted first or second its a wipe.

Yeah, I think WoTLK could get pwned by WarHammer if WarHammer gets it right. WoW is seriously outdated now, it can be run on a pentium 3 with windows 98 :Shocked:

If Warhammer does better than Wrath i will buy you a years subscription to the game of your choice.

If Warhammer does better than Wrath i will buy you a years subscription to the game of your choice.

I think WoTLK will not have a lasting impact, good launch and then people realise its just the same old same old. If WarHammer is good alot of people might switch over (but I am probably wrong). There are 10 million odd nerds with lvl 70 WoW char's that won't give them up too easily. Although the WarHammer beta has 778,168 uber nerds signed up for the beta test. I'm sad to say I'm one of them. :P

People will sign up for the beta because its free. But like Conan, they will leave in droves once they are asked to pay a monthly fee.

WoW's strength is its graphics. It will run on pretty much anything, which is the key to getting a large subscriber base. People can play it in cybercafe's and on laptops, thats very important and a huge mistake that Conan made. If you want a popular online PC game these days, its a good idea to follow the WoW model of having low system specs. If you can do it in a bit of style (see Team Fortress 2) all the better, but trust me, the only MMO that will "beat" WoW will be one that is made by Blizzard themselves.

If you want a popular online PC game these days, its a good idea to follow the WoW model of having low system specs.

Rumour has it that WarHammer will run on any machine built inside the last 3 years.

the only MMO that will "beat" WoW will be one that is made by Blizzard themselves.

Probably right. The bottomless pit that is the blizzard bank account ensures that.

Surely they got the 'bottomless pit' by hitting on the right formula?

As Nays said,it'll run on virtually anything....the specs for AoC are a joke for example.

Access is everything....

The specs haven't been released yet but I have seen in an interview with the developers they won't be anywhere as bad as AOC.

Of course warhammer wont do as well as wow, but I do think it will take a chunk away from it. Theres a lot of people that will go over, it just has to be decent, and the pve aspects have to be good as well as the pvp. Hopefully once the NDA is lifted we'll hear more about the pve instances.

As a straw poll about 1/3 of my guild are planning to play the beta/swap. Just depends if its any good. These are people who have played wow for several years- theres only so much you can do until you get bored. Yes I know warhammer will be largely the same, but the new ideas and touches might make the difference.

Â