World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Right here's the current talent bulid, which has only ever been respecced once in 59 levels, its had no research done whatsoever and has just sort of developed as its gone on with my random thoughts

Now after some research and wanting to get rep in AV up so I can get the cheaper version of an epic mount (350g saving is well worth the effort imo), I'm going over to this, which is quite a difference. When I've done the BG thing and got to 60, I'll want to respec again for a more PvE high lvl instance build but having only ever respecced once this option is still relatively cheap for me

I never get anywhere on the killing blows table which is one reason why I'm changing my spec

Ah, don't be a KB whore! Too many people concentrate on this like they do with damage in instances. If everybody's tbbing and selecting the same targets, then it must make it harder to win battles. What's the point in me blowing a 600 mana, 1200 damage crit on someone with 1% health, when the same shock will wipw out a third of some players' health, making it easier for them to die overall?

Risso is on the money though.

The killing blow stat is not a measure of player skill. Simply means what its name says - you got the last hit. Just like Rank in WoW is not a measure of player skill, just means you've spent more time in the BGs. The death stat is bollocks too for the same reason.

As a result, people get caught up in these stats and the group effort goes out the window to be replaced by people reluctant to fight for fear of death, people refusing to fight until a target is almost dead so they can ninja a killing blow, people not fighting at all and just stealing honour points and PvP loot.

This is why so many people think the current PvP system is shite (and it is) and also why Blizzard are going to be overhauling it in the future.

I dont get too high on it. Dots and Debuffs on the enemy are really what i should be doing in there.

Unless i decide to put 34 points in the Destruction tree and have a shitload of very big fireballs at my disposal.. :evil:

Oh, and Tarj, in CTRA you do know you can turn off the party box so you only see the other members stats on CTRA?

Press ESC, and its in interface (raid) options. First box i think.

Then you can drag the CTRA bars to where the game would put the rest of your party bars if you werent in a raid. Makes the screen look quite a bit neater.

Following on from my run of good form yesterday in UBRS, I saw the skinning dagger drop today for the first time, and won it! Finally I have what I have been looking for in there for so long, I can skin anything now including the beast. This in addition to a nice 40DPS dagger that dropped in LBRS. Its been droptastic these last couple of days and critline is having a field day with various new records.

Just like Rank in WoW is not a measure of player skill, just means you've spent more time in the BGs.

Thats not true. I have ofc. spent more time in the BG, but spending time in PvP BG's makes you know your own race better. Im much more skilled in PvP now, simply because of the experience you get from BG's. You learn your weakness and strength, and you learn it the hard way ;)

And the equipment bonuses are very good too.

Haven't done that many BG's yet, but my strategy last time in AV was to attack people with full health, and attack as many of them as possible, and I finished top of the HK list.

Druids and Shamans ( shamen? ) can heal very good when they are specced for it. Just as good as shadow-priests with instant heals, but lack a bit in ressing and group healing. Holy priests on the other hand will win hands down.

As for attacking as many you can in AV at the same time, its only advisable, when you know you will win the upcoming clash. Picking out one by one is better when you know you cant win the GY. They will get reinforcements anyway, and can easily heal up when your own group dies.

IMO the most important thing to win AV, is Warriors who isnt afraid of dying. Just charge in and make havoc.. love it

Â