World of Warcraft

The_Rev

For me its:

1=/ Priests & Tanks. You need. Cant go without one.

2=/ Rogues and/or Mages. DPS, crowd control. Mages can make supples too. And portals home.

3=/ Shamies/Locks/Druids. All can offer excellent DPS (a good Lock will only be beaten by Mage and Rogue) some nice buffs, and offtanking. Even Warlocks can offtank if needed. Find that Locks and Druids are a bit misunderstood until endgame, where they really do shine.

6=/ Hunters. They dont really seem to be wanted. Best pullers in the game, but the "pull something that is 500 miles away, feign death, and have an angry mob standing next to the clothies" while the warrior is thinking "i should have pulled that" technique is counter productive. Still, Hunters can kick the shit out of most things in PvP at the moment, so id imagine a lot of them dont care.

Actually did a few duels the other night. Lost every single time to a L59 hunter. They're perfectly set up for duelling aren't they? It's just too hard to get past the pet to do enough damage to the hunter. Did OK against a rogue though, as they're the opposite. Unbeatable when they catch you off guard, but a lot easier in a duel when you can slow them and get distance till they come out of stealth.

Didn't really enjoy it that much to be honest, but it passes the time while trying to get a group together.

I would say;

1: Priests and Warriors

2: Locks, Druids

3: Mages, Shaman

4: Rogue

5: Hunters, but hunters are indeed needed for some 60 instances.

Gimme a couple of months.

I like AoE.

:wink:

AoE grinding is ace! When you get level 60, go AoE grinding in WPL with a priest (sam)! Better way of making money is hard to find.

My friends list used to consists of mainly VT people, but since 60, if I have a successful group - they go onto my friends list for next time. The perfect instance for me is:

Tank - Hold aggro!

Rogue - DPS, sap, lockpicking and much much much much much much more! ;)

Mage - Water for pussy juice, sheeeeeeeep, aoe

Lock/Shaman - Self ress/Soulstone

Priest / Resto Druid - Kapteinen reckons Druids are better healers then Priests, I'm beginning to rate those Taurens too, can't beat that Cow buff either!

Hunters - Sorry, not interested. Your pet aggros, you ninja my shadowcraft "for teh agility!!11" and you just stand at the back shooting your stupid gun! Plus, your feign death means that I'm not the only person who survived the wipe, and I don't feel special anymore! ;)

Hmm that hunters pulling in instances thing, its because idiot hunters seem to think that they should pull with a big shot, which is stupid because then they keep the aggro. Best way to do it is set a freeze trap then pull with a low rank (pref rank 1) serpent sting or similar, which will pull the mob in question and allow the hunter to run to the back to start doing damage. A hunter pulling though takes longer and theres more room for the other party members to **** up. "cmon pull!" - I'm setting a trap fuckwad. The problem with hunters in instances is the other party members don't understand the hunters need for time and space, sometimes the mob is pulled too far and we just can't get enough room for any kind of ranged attack (that happened a few times to me in Scholo last night, which is when you get accused of standing there doing feck all, which is true but theres feck all you can do as you have no room to get a shot in

Anyway we can't do an instance with just us, we are tankless

Priest / Resto Druid - Kapteinen reckons Druids are better healers then Priests, I'm beginning to rate those Taurens too, can't beat that Cow buff either!

I agree to a point. A resto Druid is better at healing than a Shadowpriest (and arguably a Holy Priest) in terms of how much health he can give you back, and his heal over times are ace, as you can continue to fight and be healed at the same time from one "fire and forget" spell. Great for Warlocks like me who like to lifetap too. Id still say a Priest makes a bigger contribution to a groups health though, cos a Priest has the panic buttons that a Druid just cant compete with. Instant heals and Instant shields really can get you out of the shit. They might not give as much health as a Druids heals, but ****, they have probably saved your life more times.

Hmm that hunters pulling in instances thing, its because idiot hunters seem to think that they should pull with a big shot, which is stupid because then they keep the aggro. Best way to do it is set a freeze trap then pull with a low rank (pref rank 1) serpent sting or similar, which will pull the mob in question and allow the hunter to run to the back to start doing damage. A hunter pulling though takes longer and theres more room for the other party members to **** up. "cmon pull!" - I'm setting a trap fuckwad. The problem with hunters in instances is the other party members don't understand the hunters need for time and space, sometimes the mob is pulled too far and we just can't get enough room for any kind of ranged attack (that happened a few times to me in Scholo last night, which is when you get accused of standing there doing feck all, which is true but theres feck all you can do as you have no room to get a shot in

The thing is, you want the aggro on a tank as soon as possible. Certainly cloth wearers (and probably Rogues too) do. No point in having a Hunter pull when he will just be giving the aggro to a Warrior anyway. In an ideal situation, Sap > Sheep > Pull from warrior. Shot, then a Charge into target, then the Sunders. Then the casters can really lay the smack down. As far as i can see, a Hunters role in an instance is simply laying down as much DPS as possible. Something which Hunters can be very very good at.

That's another reason I stay away from hunters, they're mail wearers too. Bicks is the only hunter on my friends list, whereas I now have loads of rogues, locks, mages etc.

The weird thing is that levelling up, hunters are by the best thing to have with you. The pet tanking mobs from distance is awesome.

Haha kapteinen must be the biggest moron on the server. If you have him on your list GL...now thats a clearing in the woods if ive ever seen one.

Even though druids are ace healers, i would say shamans are better. And druids are mainly desired due to their tranquility spell.

Resto druids and shammies might be better then Shadow priests at healing, but you cant even compare them to a disipline/holy priest. And MotW cant be compared to fort. or spirit buff either.

Balls, keep forgetting that Siongest is no more......

We should do ZF then for Nayson's Carrot on a Stick, I should be able to tank that with your pet Bicks. Nayson's epic mount is going to be outrun bats soon!

MotW / GotW is the best buff you can get from another player in the game.

Level 60 Gift of the Wild increases armor by 285, all attributes by 12 and all resistances by 20 for 1 hour.

Level 60 Prayer of Fortitude is 52 stamina, my Warlock blood pact gives me 60 stamina (i think its 42 for everyone else in the group? ive whacked it up in power with talents.) Mind you, in a classrun when Fortitude and Blood Pact stack, thats a very nice 1000 health to all party memebers!

Oh, and im going to get This Trinket today.

And one important thing regarding healers. When you are looking at healing meters, as people tend to judge people from, you forget about shamans and druids overhealing. Simply because the priest flash heal has a much shorter casting time. So even though a druids "healing over time" spell heals great amounts, its to slow. So half the time they are healing already healed players. This is where good healers kick in. They know when to heal and when not to.

Shammies and druids might do a job at healing, but I'm always a lot happier with a priest in the group. I can heal a 5 man group for normal bosses in Baron say, but when it comes to the Baron himself, no chance. Shammies Improved Lesser Healing Wave is pretty good, and is more or less uninterruptable, but we just don't have the range of healing tricks a priest does.

A lot of it comes down to player skill, as in most things. I've come to learn that you can have an odd combination of players that will do better if everyone is good at their job, than a more standard group with an idiot. Last night we raced through LBRS with a druid as tank, a shadow priest, me, a mage and a warlock without a single death, until we were down to 4 men. Even then we managed to kill Voone and Ormok with just 4 players.

Level 60 Gift of the Wild increases armor by 285, all attributes by 12 and all resistances by 20 for 1 hour.

Level 60 Prayer of Fortitude is 52 stamina, my Warlock blood pact gives me 60 stamina (i think its 42 for everyone else in the group? ive whacked it up in power with talents.) Mind you, in a classrun when Fortitude and Blood Pact stack, thats a very nice 1000 health to all party memebers!

Something must be boosting me even more than your blood pact and the priest buff as I can go from 3300 to over 4500, I think thats MOTW again, the Cow buff enables you to get your fire res up too, for MC.

I like Kapteinen, got no problems with him yet...

Have to disagree. Its a good buff, but a level 60 player will already have good resistance gear, or should at least have. So if i could choose between fortitude + 54 and MotW i know that i would choose. 54 fortitude can easily make out 800 hp to a clothie.

And one important thing regarding healers. When you are looking at healing meters, as people tend to judge people from, you forget about shamans and druids overhealing. Simply because the priest flash heal has a much shorter casting time. So even though a druids "healing over time" spell heals great amounts, its to slow. So half the time they are healing already healed players. This is where good healers kick in. They know when to heal and when not to.

I hate damage and healing meters. People concentrate on these rather than doing their job. You're right about people overhealing, though a lot of the time it's unintentional, and people just trying too hard. I leave my healing until a priest is OOM, then I know it'll be required. If I waste mana healing after a priest has done his job, then I'm not doing mine, as I'll have less mana for shocks and healing when it's needed.

Best buff on the game in terms of resistance is "Master Demonologist" that Warlocks have.

Summon the felhunter: 60 resist to fire, 60 resist to shadow, 60 resist to frost, 60 resist to arcane, 60 resist to nature. Stacks with everything

Just a shame (for you lot) its self buff only!

Have to agree with Nays on this one, MotW is easily the best buff in the game. I really like fort as well, don't get me wrong, but I'd say overall MotW adds more to the avaerage group than Fort. Having both like I did last night, is just awesome.

My resistances are crap by the way!

Well if you wont share your buff im not gonna share mine :mrgreen:

Btw. shamans lesser healing wave is very good. 1.5 secs casting time, is equal to a shadow priest with shitty gear..me in other words

Haha! A lvl 12 lowbie challenged me to a duel at the zep stop. I thought maybe it was to get his weapon skill up, so I just sat there and took his pitiful damage. He then said "not funny" - so I asked him what he wanted. He must have had a terminal illness or something, because his reply was...."make it quick".

So without further delay I critted the shit out of him, and he disappeared! Maybe he logged, but I like to think that I hit him so hard that it wiped his character off the server and cancelled his subscription...

The onlookers were baffled and quite amused too :lol:

Â