World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Okey, "the i have played the game longer then you" argument you are fronting your argument with is just stupid. When a player is 60 they know the game, and their classes. have you even done ZG, MC or BWL?

If you are so experienced and informed then i guess you have?

Honour (aka Rank) and skill are NOT connected.

Once again, i can repeat what i have said. It is. You get experience of pvp battling, both weaknesses and strengths of you own class and other classes.

End of Story. If you don't agree, go ask the WoW community.

Just tell me the pub they are on, then sureley. You know the entire community in and out then? Dont make me laugh.

Why do you think they are still dueling and not in a BG?

Where do you get it from that they are not in BG's? Just because people duel now and every other time doesnt mean, they dont do BG's. I duel often, but i still attend Bg's.

And you might consider that people are going to BG's as officers or not, simply because they enjoy it and the pvp battling. And BG battling DOES give each and everyone experience in handling pvp.

But then duelling is bollocks too if you think about it.

Id have to **** up to lose a fight to a mage. I could respec soul link, and go off for a cup of tea mid duel, come back, /dance a bit, and still win.

I could duel a BM Hunter, wait for him to press the big red cat button (and he will) and he has just done to me what i can do the Mage.

Rogues hold all the cards when i fight then. I can hold my own, but ill always be on the defensive in the fight.

I can keep Druids on the defensive at all time when i fight them, they can still win, but i have an easier time in the fight than they do.

I dont think there is a real way to have a true measure of who is the best PvP'er on the game. One on One, there is serious class imbalance, which is designed to encourage grouping, and in grouping you can leech your teams honour.

Dont worry about it. Just have fun.

Oh, and Sion have you deleted your account? If so, why? I hear good things about eBay and level 60s! :clap:

Tarj, I played the "I've played it longer" card simply because you played the rather personal "brick wall" card. When a player is 60, they do not necessarily know the game or their class. They can certainly have a very good idea but there is always much more to learn. Level 60 makes people ignorant of this as they think 60 = seen it all, done it all. Bollocks and the more you play, the more you realise this.

ZG, MC, BWL and the rest are irrelevent as we're talking about PvP. Not instances. Plus, why bring that up - you haven't done them either. No, killing the first boss doesn't count as I have done that too.

Once again, you are confusing rank with killing players and thinking they are the strongest link to honour gain in a BG. They are not. Rank and THE BG OBJECTIVE are what net you all that honour. Do you seriously think that all that honour you gain in an AV battle is your own doing? Is it shite. I could stand in the middle of a zerg in AV doing nothing at all and my honour would still climb because the people around me would doing the work for me. If you really want to get honour and fast, play lots of AB ad you'll get more honour per week there than you will leaching someone else's effort in AV.

I mean, have you actually looked at the numbers regarding honour? You get LOADS more honour completing the BG objectives than you ever will killing players. It is why after people get exhaulted in AV for their PvP gear, they hightail it outta there to do quicker, more farm efficient AB rounds for their rank.

The WoW community can be found on the internet or more specifically, the wow forums. Knowing them on a personal level is not required to know their opinions - simply read the forums and discover this all for yourself. My reference to them clearly a generalisation and resorting to pedantry to counter this argument is just wooly thinking. Infact, I give you, based on your own theory, The most skilled player on his server....even he clearly states that PvP RANK is a **** rat race for status, epics and good for **** all else. It is all about puttting the time in.

And you finish by saying "And BG battling DOES give each and everyone experience in handling pvp."

Sure, a BG does gives you some experience (but not as much as you could gain by dueling lots more). It's the rank that doesnt. To draw a comparison, its like saying the more instance epics you have means you are a better player than someone with less instances epics.

And I'm done with this. Like I said earlier. Agree or disagree. Getting personal is just poor form.

Duelling is largely bollocks if you think about it. It doesn't help prepare you for either instances or battlegrounds, it only really helps you prepare for more duels. I can't think of the last time I came accross a similarly specced ally, just one on one, making it similar to a duel situation. PvP versus ally is mostly in a group ganking, or by yourself being ganked. I'd much rather be in a 5 man group than doing 1 on 1 duelling, any day. Everything end game is geared to either raids or battlegrounds. People might enjoy duelling, I personally don't, and it doesn't help me with what I do for 90% of the time in the game.

Me and Dan attempted 2 LBRS runs tonight, both unsuccessful for different reasons. It's a challenging instance for a 5 man group, and I'd say I learned more tonight from the **** ups than I do from breezing through say Scholo in a class run, where deficincied can be hidden by weight of numbers.

Surely the best thing about the game is that there are so many things to do, and if you enjoy them more than others, well just do them and don't worry about what other people think!

Stop bitching, and rejoice!

finally4oc.jpg

After more Baron runs than i can shake a shitty stick at, the word removed has only gone and dropped em!

Im of to spec Soul Link to celebrate!

Ok, defense soul link style in fights:

4000 health.

30% of the damage you do to me is absorbed by the Voidwalker.

when myself and the voidwalker have lost a lot of health, bang death coil. 500 healing + damage and horror effect on target.

Sac Voidlwalker for shield. Apply bandage for 2000 health while shield (2500 damage) holds.

Fel Domination > Insta summon Voidwalker > Apply Soul Link.

30% damage absorbed again.

2500 shield again.

1400 insta heal healthstone.

And all that with three dots on the target, plus the fears and nukes.

Thats the theory. Wonder if i can kick some alliance arse with it? NERF ME!

Riss after you left - there was a shout out in orgri for LBRS! I joined, and we did it the other way round this time, killing every boss then heading back to where we normally start it. We got to the spiders without a wipe, but then the warrior had to go to bed because he has school in 3 hours! So I still need Wyrmy, but have all the rest. The group owned, and as we only need the one boss, we only need to do that one part, probably tomorrow, which means I'll be getting Rend's head and Warchiefs blessing for everyone some time soon!

I'm not gonna say I'll help you with the whole run, because I hate the place. Ha! I think you are the curse maybe, Zabusak FTW!!!11

We did seem to be unlucky yesterday. The first time the tank charged those scorpids and aggroed the mob, and the second time we were walking through it, and the priest left.

Ah well, I'll give it another go tonight.

I'm not gonna say I'll help you with the whole run, because I hate the place.

actually I take that back. I'm 2/4 on UBRS key parts now, so I might as well keep doing it until the other bits drop. I learned some new tactics from the last group - like when we had that big left! right! debate? I was wrong, its left you need to pull :?

The mage needed to sheep the mob when it was closer, then nobody attack it or AOE it. I can pull the casters no probs. Earth shock interrupts their spells and stops them casting for 2 secs, so they then always leg it in to melee. And die.

The Druids are having a bit of a knees up in Moonglade.

infernaldoesmoonglade9lh.jpg

Some Warlock (;)) summoned an infernal in the middle of a crowded party, dismissed it, and ran off.

When he came back 30 seconds later, he found that the Infernal had been aggroed by loads of the Horde and Alliance there.

I think the Infernal got about 15-20 players before they ganged up and killed him.

Well done that man! :clap:

Ill save my adventures (called "tales of mistaken identity and being kicked from a guild for no reason whatsoever") for another time now!

Cheers lads!

Well after a superb LBRS, in which we cleared the whole instance and I racked up my remaining XP in no time, I had an utterly abysmal Scholo. Here's a tip. If you ever see a priest called Wurzel, DO NOT invite him under any circumstances. He quit halfway into LBRS last night, and then did the same in Scholo tonight. The trouble with 8 man runs is everybody gets a bit gung ho, and tactics go out of the window. I was left trying to heal the group, but there were just too many mobs.

Â