The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Jackson Martinez for the money they spent on him was a massive flop although they recouped most of that when China came calling.

Lacazette's an interesting one...looked brilliant for Lyon a few years back and still scores regularly as you'd expect in the French league.

However he's been passed at international level by all the outstanding young French strikers coming through...didn't make the cut for euro 2016 and same could happen for the world cup so can understand he thinks it's now time to step up a level and play for a regular CL team.

Guess that guarantees Greizmann is moving on.

I'm hoping the opposite is true! Griezmann and Lacazette are long-time friends, having come through in the same France age group (both Lyon lads too). Griezmann has even told French press that he wants Lacazette to be included in the national squad on several occasions, so I'm hoping Atleti are signing him to appease Griezmann while getting an excellent player at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Sevilla lost again, Sampaoli really has lost the plot in last 2 or 3 months since he was linked with bigger jobs 

either he has ran the players ragged or he has only one game plan

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:59, Zatman said:

Sevilla lost again, Sampaoli really has lost the plot in last 2 or 3 months since he was linked with bigger jobs 

either he has ran the players ragged or he has only one game plan

Its not always down to the manager. I just see a total lack of confidence now. they will still finish 4th though

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its not always down to the manager. I just see a total lack of confidence now. they will still finish 4th though

is it not the managers job to sort the confidence out in the players

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

yep, Valencia are playing well. That teenager who I cant remember the name of looks really good.

Carlos Soler? He's been a bright spot under Voro. As has Zaza, which some will find hard to believe! Still seems to be a big split between players and fans though. Cancelo turning on his fans (and vice versa) after his goal this week was just the latest example

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

yep, Valencia are playing well. That teenager who I cant remember the name of looks really good.

carlos soler?

available to sign in the first transfer window, think you have to pay around £700k compensation...

;) 

Madrid derby this afternoon.

Atletico doesn't really have anything to play for, but I'm sure they like nothing more than to derail the Real title bid.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Simeone wont give up on the title yet. This game could decide whether Real or Barcelona win it

not really. If Real lose the title is still in their hands. they have Barcelona at Bernabeu plus a game in hand

Just had a look at their run in and tbf bar playing the Clasico away it looks pretty easy, Madrid have a very tough away game to fit in v Celta Vigo near the end of the season.

Hard to see Barca actually dropping many points. Dodgy one might be Las Palmas away as they've been pretty strong at home this season.

Â