The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

A great game ruined by awful diving, Busquets is a disgrace to football and after 4 years of doing it referees havent copped on is a joke

Does he really dive? Doesn't he just make a meal out of any contact? There's a difference between the two and is primarily just to take the piss out of Real's tactics

maybe you didnt see last season when we went down clutching his face when Xabi Alonso grabbed his shorts

I look forward to the league game actually.. that will be interesting indeed providing Madrid don't drop any points.

thats the problem though, in the league game madrid pretty much need to draw to win the league, every man and his dog already know what tactics they will use

tonight they needed a win and you could see what a difference it makes, madrid when they actually played for long periods were the better team

Cracking game last night. FOund myself rooting for MAdrid, but that was purely because they were behind and I love a comeback.

Thought Ramos' red card was incredibly harsh, but as others have said, probably evened itself out given Diarra's in the first half.

Hopefully the league clash is as exciting

A great game ruined by awful diving, Busquets is a disgrace to football and after 4 years of doing it referees havent copped on is a joke

Does he really dive? Doesn't he just make a meal out of any contact? There's a difference between the two and is primarily just to take the piss out of Real's tactics

maybe you didnt see last season when we went down clutching his face when Xabi Alonso grabbed his shorts

Again that is making a meal out of contact. I consider a dive to be when the player pretends he has been fouled and there was no contact. Making a meal of contact, even if it is to a different part of the body is a legitimate tactic, especially when it comes to Barcelona who are often intimidated as it's seen by poor managers as the only way to stop them.

• 1 month later...
Suppose POB will know the answer to this one. Where do Cuenca and Tello play exactly? Haven't seen much of either of them and with the way Barca play it's sometimes hard to tell what a players best position is!

As said, they are both used as wide men. Cuena seems a naturally wider player, Tello has been playing wide but they say he's a striker. While Messi is there though, they will rarely ever hold just a central striker position. Tello has always played from the left when he's come on.

Their formation and the way they play has been different this year and for a lot of the season, he constantly rotates and I've seen games where Messi has played out right while Sanchez through the middle etc..

defensively, Messi always plays central. Sanchez from the starts from the right but is constantly looking for runs in central areas meaning for plenty periods in the game he takes up striker position. usually the left winger seems pretty disciplined in staying in his position. Also, if they play with 4 at the back, Abidal doesn't usually bomb forward so i think the left winger creates more width while right sided player (sanchez) looks way more inside and also to allow Alves to bomb and create width on right. When they play 4 at the back, Sanchez will usually find himself in wider positions, but when it's 3 at the back, he's usually the out n out striker.

That is just from what I have seen, does change so regularly which is also why I think they haven't done as well this season, too many times he's rested some of his best players and then gone onto drop valuable points.

Cheers POB. Do you think Pep stays? I would've thought it wouldn't even be considered that he would leave, but I've seen him linked with Inter and other clubs with seems a little strange to me.

I think to prove himself as a great manager he will have to leave. He has a done a very good job at Barcelona but im sure Eck wouldnt do too bad with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta in the team.

He didnt have a great time as a player in Italy so not sure he would go back there

Cheers POB. Do you think Pep stays? I would've thought it wouldn't even be considered that he would leave, but I've seen him linked with Inter and other clubs with seems a little strange to me.

Hope so! I don't really follow Barcelona the club and regular news like I would Villa, so there are people on here who will know more about that than I will. I only really watch the games and take interest in what's happening on the pitch.

I find it weird why he'd want to leave or be thinking about it. :? he has the greatest job in football IMO. As you say, it seems strange, I'd also like to know why it's reported he could leave etc..?

I wonder who'd replace him?

Pep will go, if not after this season, then next. He comes across as someone who doesn't want the sort of stress mannaging a big club brings, at least, not for a 5-10 year period. Can't see him going to another club, he might just 'move upstairs' so to speak. Think I saw a rumour about AVB or Wenger coming in.

Â