Running

trimandson

I've heard about this Touch Guy Challenge before - but bloody hell it looks a nightmare.

that's a very different challenge altogther.

One for the Graham Norton's of this world. :P :winkold:

That Tough Guy thing starts on Perton Ridge just the other side of Wolverhampton. We usually go out training that way - and I thought we were mad.

Jeez Yillan -that is a high resting pulse; daft as it seems you could be tired; think that ups the rate. This is not meant to start some sort of competition(or try to be clever) but for what it is worth mine is about 55 on a good day and I am 60+ . Have you got a pulse meter, can be very useful as has been said many times in this thread I think?

Jeez Yillan -that is a high resting pulse; daft as it seems you could be tired; think that ups the rate. This is not meant to start some sort of competition(or try to be clever) but for what it is worth mine is about 55 on a good day and I am 60+ . Have you got a pulse meter, can be very useful as has been said many times in this thread I think?
Mine is typically 40 to 45 bpm. And I'm 56.

Apologies for lack of updates of late, thought should probably revive your interest in our running a little.

Been trying for two or three a week since Jan, obviously struggled because of the weather, but done what we can, always getting gradually faster, if only by seconds.... Until tonight. We ran almost 4 minutes quicker over 10k than ever before :D

Proper chuffed with that, did a quick 7k on Monday and was feeling reeeeally heavy in the legs tonight, so was expecting to lose time, but we smashed it, absolutely smashed it :D

Also, got the Fradley application form on my desk now waiting to be filled out, it's almost real now!

I've lost a shitload of fitness, put on weight and become pretty demotivated over the last couple of months.

Big cutdown on booze and bad food now under way, and back to the club for a hard 7 miles last night. My legs feel like they've been run over by a tank. Has to be done though.

How come you lost motivation mike?
It can happen surprisingly easily. You miss a few runs through injury or the weather, you realise it's going to be hard work getting fit again, you skip another couple, you get a bit down about it, you eat and drink to cheer yourself up, you put on weight, and you end up so you just can't be arsed.

It always passes though and I knuckle down again.

I've also struggled this year so far. Not due to lack of trying or anything, more so that I have struggled on my runs this year so far, which is annoying seeing I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 2010, and tried to be careful with what I eat.

In years gone by, I normally excel in late Jan/early Feb due to giving up the booze, but not this year.

Sadly, I've put it down to old age, but still a few years to go to catch Mike up

I've also struggled this year so far. Not due to lack of trying or anything, more so that I have struggled on my runs this year so far, which is annoying seeing I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 2010, and tried to be careful with what I eat.

In years gone by, I normally excel in late Jan/early Feb due to giving up the booze, but not this year.

Sadly, I've put it down to old age, but still a few years to go to catch Mike up

:suspect:

Been trying for two or three a week since Jan, obviously struggled because of the weather, but done what we can, always getting gradually faster, if only by seconds.... Until tonight. We ran almost 4 minutes quicker over 10k than ever before :D

Have to say I was still buzzing from that today. :thumb:

How come you lost motivation mike?
It can happen surprisingly easily.

Injuries always does it for me.

got relatively decent at this running malarkey, and then various bits of my body decided they didn't like what i was doing to them, so decided to give up one by one.

over egging a little i guess, but have had serious knee tendon issues, and then once that kind of cleared up (with lots of physio and daily stretches) my achilles' decided to play up too (again loads of physio and stretches later they too are pretty much Ok now).

It's just one things after anpther, and it's all related to body dynamics. I now have to do loads of lower back stretches to keep the problems at bay.

kind of drains your enthusiasm ....

Have to say I was still buzzing from that today. :thumb:

How many runs a week do you two do? Sounds like you're focusing on trimming (pun intended) your 10K times - which is fine - but do you do any longer, slower runs?

Â