I Met A Girl In Nashville She Was A Rodeo Queen, We Fell In Love On Horseback....

VillaRob

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Talk of Williams, this is Holly Williams, Hank Williams Jr's daughter. Outside of Hank Williams output, by far my favourite tune by anyone in the family. She seems to pretty much have given up music and its musics loss.

The Highway was a fantastic album. 

Kat Hasty is great as well, take a listen to her stuff on Spotify, just a shame that she only has one 20 minute album and a few EP's, I'm still waiting for a full length album from her. 

For country pop I really enjoyed Megan Moroneys album, some nice cheesy stuff on there but also some great acoustic ballads as well. 

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

For country pop I really enjoyed Megan Moroneys album, some nice cheesy stuff on there but also some great acoustic ballads as well. 

I liked her album as well, I think its likely to get more play over the coming months

oh man, on my list yesterday I completely forgot to include Charles Wesley Godwin, he's **** incredible, the closest thing we've had to Guy Clarke in my opinion.

Drayton Farley is really good as well, his EP was better than his album, he got in some of Jason Isbelle's players and producers and now he sounds like Drayton Isbelle which is a shame because the EP was solid, the album is still good just far too similar to what was already out there.

On 30/11/2023 at 14:25, veloman said:

You are doubtless aware he was one of 'The Wrecking Crew'. I thought you had to be 'handy' to be in that.

Glen Campbell was an absolutely brilliant guitar player, apparently Eddie Van Halen once tried to get a guitar lesson with him!

Roy Clark was another, technically superb and could play guitar, banjo and violin to a high level.

Most of the top country guys had serious guitar chops, and that often gets forgotten about as people remember them for their songs rather than their ability on instruments.

Edited by andym
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, andym said:

Most of the top country guys had serious guitar chops, and that often gets forgotten about as people remember them for their songs rather than their ability on instruments.

3 hours ago, andym said:

Glen Campbell was an absolutely brilliant guitar player, apparently Eddie Van Halen once tried to get a guitar lesson with him!

Roy Clark was another, technically superb and could play guitar, banjo and violin to a high level.

Roy Clark is great and one of the most entertaining musicians to watch. 

I've got around 1000 albums, I'd say the two I have by Tanya Tucker and Johnny Cash are the only ones you'd class as country (apart from the many forays by Neil Young into that genre).

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday a Willie Nelson 4 part documentary was released on Paramount Plus called Willie Nelson and Family, he deserves 4 episodes as his career has had so many phases and stages. I will be watching that tonight. Thanks @theboyangelfor that heads up. 

In addition, unsure what is happening at Paramount Plus but later on in January they are releasing a documentary on June Carter Cash called June. For some she was just Johnny Cash's wife, but she had hell of a career and life as part of the Carter Family before her relationship with Johnny. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

On 22/12/2023 at 06:48, Seat68 said:

Yesterday a Willie Nelson 4 part documentary was released on Paramount Plus called Willie Nelson and Family, he deserves 4 episodes as his career has had so many phases and stages. I will be watching that tonight. Thanks @theboyangelfor that heads up. 

In addition, unsure what is happening at Paramount Plus but later on in January they are releasing a documentary on June Carter Cash called June. For some she was just Johnny Cash's wife, but she had hell of a career and life as part of the Carter Family before her relationship with Johnny. 

Have you managed to watch it yet? 

Might try and fit it in (insert KW!) over the next few days

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I have one episode left. Will post my thoughts when I get chance to watch it.  Broadly it's worth a watch. 

• Thanks 1

On 29/12/2023 at 11:06, theboyangel said:

I finished and on the whole it was good. I did feel it was disjointed, skipping back in time alot. Also Paul English could have had a whole episode, his former drummer, but sadly not the case. So yeah definitely worth a watch, not 100% chronological but broadly very good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Xann said:

Molly Tuttle is on 'Front Row', Radio 4 now.

I **** love Molly Tuttle, she's amazing.

I've been listening to a lot of Stephen WIlson Jr just lately, he's great, this album is up there with Charles Wesley Godwin's recent efforts

Â