economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

6m now unemployed in Spain or 26% of working pop

More accuse in 18-24 yr olds - 56% unemployed

The youth unemployment rate isn't 18-24 year olds, it's typically 16-24 (inclusive) or even 15-24 (if you get your data from Eurostat.

It's quite amazing how much it has risen, it has typically been high in Spain over the last 30 years, in fact it hit around 45% in the mid 90s, but their economic boom brought it down dramatically to just below 20% in around 2006.

Of course, we should also be mindful of how the rates are calculated and the fact that a hell of a lot of young people in Spain work off the books, still, 55% is pretty unprecedented. No wonder many of them are fleeing the country and looking to places like the UK (smirk) and Germany.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Now I know that you are James Allen. :)  She's replied.

We ar/were friends on FB so its a little cold you didn't already know that Mike......

:cry:

Didn't understand her reply either......

Edited by Eames

We ar/were friends on FB so its a little cold you didn't already know that Mike......

:cry:

Didn't understand her reply either......

Nor me. :)

I've almost certainly unfriended you on FB. Nothing personal but I purge it from time to time to keep the numbers down to people I talk to a LOT.

I usually accept FB requests from VTers, but few of them survive more than a year. Like I say, it's genuinely nothing personal, it's just the way I use FB.

• Like 1

Fourth quarter GDP down by 0.3%.

The UK economy shrank by 0.3% in the last three months of 2012, further fuelling fears that the economy could re-enter recession.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the fall in output was largely due to a drop in mining and quarrying, after maintenance delays at the UK's largest North Sea oil field.

The economy had grown by 0.9% in the previous quarter, boosted by the London 2012 Olympic Games.

For the whole year, growth was flat.

ooops - I suppose this wont matter but the economy shrunk (yet again) by 0.3%? Must be someone else's fault, can't be Gidoen and Cameron following their flawed policies could it? Clegg thinks it could be so it seems though, as does those who I assume for VT purposes we are ignoring at the moment, the IMF?

Never mind though the rich are still getting richer and we all know which party they fund ........

Nor me. :)

I've almost certainly unfriended you on FB. Nothing personal but I purge it from time to time to keep the numbers down to people I talk to a LOT.

I usually accept FB requests from VTers, but few of them survive more than a year. Like I say, it's genuinely nothing personal, it's just the way I use FB.

None taken Mike - understand totally - the FB cull is an essential task!

• 2 weeks later...

So Republic are now going bust.

Bad business model, didn't keep up with the times, any other BS reason ......... or the reality that more and more hight street shops are now going bust because of the failed economic policies of this rotten to the core Gvmt.

Â