Conor Gallagher

The squad has more pressing needs surely, feel like younger version of McGin, except McGinn is in his peak still. Gallagher may be better player but not enough to justify it. 

Not one of my first choices but I wouldn't be upset if we signed him. Hard worker with lots of PL experience.

I just don't think he's an Emery/Monchi type signing. Too expensive, too high a wage and not Spanish enough 😉 

Truth is with FFP/P&S worries I just can't see it happening at all. Fee would be give or take £40m and £100,000 wages.

Don’t mind him at all as a player, incredible engine, seems like he has a great attitude (captaincy aged 23 is a v good sign), and technically he’s not as bad as people make out.

Sounds like someone who’d be well overpriced though, and if FFP is a worry, probably not who we’d be in for.

Also reeks of someone who’ll spend most of his career in London.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

There’s a high ceiling to him and would actually be a good player for us, 

but would the fee, and the competitive wage (too beat other club offers) be worth it?

probably not  

Edited by CarryOnVilla

1 minute ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Not one of my first choices but I wouldn't be upset if we signed him. Hard worker with lots of PL experience.

I just don't think he's an Emery/Monchi type signing. Too expensive, too high a wage and not Spanish enough 😉 

Truth is with FFP/P&S worries I just can't see it happening at all. Fee would be give or take £40m and £100,000 wages.

I'd have thought the wage demands would be higher than that, Chelsea would have offered more than that surely.

Just now, KentVillan said:

Don’t mind him at all as a player, incredible engine, seems like he has a great attitude (captaincy aged 23 is a v good sign), and technically he’s not as bad as people make out.

Sounds like someone who’d be well overpriced though, and if FFP is a worry, probably not who we’d be in for.

Also reeks of someone who’ll spend most of his career in London.

Yah I can’t see him being impressed by living in Sutton Coalfield 

Posted (edited)

Supports Chelsea more than Duran does 😅 and the fans would kick off so I don't see him leaving

If they need money for FFP then I'd be all over Colwill as a CB / LB option

Edited by _AA_786

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Chelsea have a lot more PSR concerns. However, of all the players they would sell, Gallagher would probably cause the most outrage. 

Still pure profit, and they haven't offered him a new contact 

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Still pure profit, and they haven't offered him a new contact 

Interesting. I guess he would count as their academy talent. 

At least if we sign him it stops him scoring against us too.

Posted (edited)

I can see it happening and we doing a secret deal with Chelsea. They pay what would look a very big fee for Duran and we do the same for Gallagher. This way we both book profits now (which we need) and spread cost of the new signings over 5 years. 

We then sell JJ to Newcastle or Spurs

Edited by CVByrne

I actually like him. A pressing monster, we really struggled playing against him this season in the games at Villa Park and he's got a decent shot on him.

Not the most elegant of footballers but a good player with his best years ahead of him. Also adds to our list of English players which is a bonus. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

The squad has more pressing needs surely, feel like younger version of McGin, except McGinn is in his peak still. Gallagher may be better player but not enough to justify it. 

We need someone who can play well as part of the central two CMs and Gallagher is very good as the more defensive CM and would be perfect partner for Luiz there. 

Not sure where he fits in. Understudy to McGinn? Can’t see him being happy with that or us spending the money it would take to get him on a rotation option.

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I actually like him. A pressing monster, we really struggled playing against him this season in the games at Villa Park and he's got a decent shot on him.

Not the most elegant of footballers but a good player with his best years ahead of him. Also adds to our list of English players which is a bonus. 

We saw how we started this season with Kamara asked to press higher up the pitch and it didn't work at all, Liverpool in particular cut through us. Players like Tielemans and McGinn and Watkins etc.. showed in the City game how good they are at pressing and if we are adding new players it's an area we need to add to for next season. 

not a fan. be gutted if we hot him now.  would cost far too much and there are much better technically competent midfielders than him that could play in the holding role.  he's high energy headless chicken poor first touch, average passer.

Â