Football Podcasts

T-Dog

Recently discovered the Under The Cosh podcast - Really enjoying it, some great interviews and both long and short episodes to enjoy.

Also a massive fan of the Upshot and Price of Football podcast. Anyone recommend any others? 

I don't mind if it's tactical analysis, behind the scenes scandal, anything that's not a gossip column. 

Thanks crew.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The athletic football tactics podcast is my current fav. Talks tactics but in an enjoyable/accessible way relevant to what’s going on in the season at a given point in time.

My fav used to be the Tifo tactics podcast which was really good fun when hosted by Joe Devine. But they changed the format a couple of months ago so Jon Mackenzie now hosts it and it’s the dullest podcast on earth 

The Football Ramble for a more humorous angle. 

I’ve never listened to it, but I have a mate who has recommended “Quickly Kevin, Will He Score?”, a dedicated 90’s football podcast.

I like Ian Wright so quite like wrightys house, the ringers others podcast stadio is also good, 2 hosts know their stuff, covers a lot of ground and if I'm honest includes women's football which I've got no interest in

When We Were Kings. 

Shame for you guys it’s in Swedish 😁

(It’s really f***ing excellent.) 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The Football Ramble for a more humorous angle. 

I’ve never listened to it, but I have a mate who has recommended “Quickly Kevin, Will He Score?”, a dedicated 90’s football podcast.

Both excellent. 

The football ramble dipped a couple of years ago. They added new people to the podcast and started releasing them every day. 

These days they seem to be making more of an effort to keep a couple of the original members on the preview and the review show (Friday and Monday/tuesday) and it’s good again. 

Quickly Kevinjs a bit hit and miss these days but the first few series are really really good

• Like 2

21 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Recently discovered the Under The Cosh podcast - Really enjoying it, some great interviews and both long and short episodes to enjoy.

Also a massive fan of the Upshot and Price of Football podcast. Anyone recommend any others? 

I don't mind if it's tactical analysis, behind the scenes scandal, anything that's not a gossip column. 

Thanks crew.

They've had James Collins and Stephen Warnock on recently, who both gave some interesting insight into the Martin O'Neill & Randy Learner era. 

Price Of Football is great. Used to listen to the Football Ramble preview and review shows but went off it when they added people and started to muck around with who they had on. But as Steve said they've recently tried to have more of the old crew back on the preview and review shows I may try and give it a go again.

Stick to football has it's moments where it's good, but it depends on who they have on as a guest. Keane and Wright are very good on it.

I've found myself listening to a lot of Under The Cosh recently, mainly due to the ex-players (Warnock/Collins) and ex-managers (Sherwood/Lambert) and No Tippy Tippy Football with Sam Allardyce. 

14 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

They've had James Collins and Stephen Warnock on recently, who both gave some interesting insight into the Martin O'Neill & Randy Learner era. 

Just released a Lambert one titled something like I was happy when Villa sacked me

• Like 1

I was the first guest on FC Bullard, the new podcast by Jimmy Bullard and Fenners.

I really enjoyed being on it, but I also think it's a good podcast. It's not Soccer AM - The Podcast at all, which is what I was expecting.

Â