Midweek Football 29 April/2 May

andykeenan

I wonder if Ryerson is gettable at right back.   I’ve been impressed with him today and in the QF’s.   Seems good both defensively and moving forward.

Once again blessed with Ray Hudson on commentary.   Why couldn’t he have been on yesterday’s match when I had to watch with no sound anyway?

14 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Once again blessed with Ray Hudson on commentary.   Why couldn’t he have been on yesterday’s match when I had to watch with no sound anyway?

He is allowed to speak for so long after a goal that the producers clearly think people want to hear this diarrhea of metaphors.

12 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Easily the worst commentator in modern football. I hated his guts when I used to watch La Liga, hearing him wet himself in praise for Messi week in and week out got old very fast. He worshipped Messi and wouldn't shut up about him. I was delighted when Messi left Barca because it meant I didn't need to listen to his hero-worshipping again. 

Thank god for the mute button. 

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

Fantastic goal by Fullkrug.   This is a cracking match.

Would you call it magisterial? A 1.21 gigawatts strike? A Robin Hood arrow? That flew past Mount Everest/Bomb Disposal Expert Donnarumma in goal?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Would you call it magisterial? A 1.21 gigawatts strike? A Robin Hood arrow? That flew past Mount Everest/Bomb Disposal Expert Donnarumma in goal?

Nah, I’ll stick with fantastic.

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Had a feeling Dortmund might get past PGS. I hope they do, would hate to see another "Plastic Team'" win it again.

Portsmouth Grammar School made it to the UCL SF? Formidable.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Had a feeling Dortmund might get past PGS. I hope they do, would hate to see another "Plastic Team'" win it again.

I've just realised it could be a repeat of the bayern vs dortmund final at Wembley, that'd be a good game with hopefully dortmund winning this one 

29 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Easily the worst commentator in modern football. I hated his guts when I used to watch La Liga, hearing him wet himself in praise for Messi week in and week out got old very fast. He worshipped Messi and wouldn't shut up about him. I was delighted when Messi left Barca because it meant I didn't need to listen to his hero-worshipping again. 

Thank god for the mute button. 

Tbf, he wasn't a bad player.

Would love to see Dortmund win it for the double hilarity of the petrostate falling on their face again, and the hilarity of Kane moving for the medals and winning **** all.

• Like 2

There aren't many commentators I like, but if the worst you've got to say about him is he waxed lyrical too much about probably the greatest player we've ever seen, he's doing alright :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I've just realised it could be a repeat of the bayern vs dortmund final at Wembley, that'd be a good game with hopefully dortmund winning this one 

I bet Paul Lambert's happy. He was part of the Dortmund midfield that won the trophy. 

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I bet Paul Lambert's happy. He was part of the Dortmund midfield that won the trophy. 

TNT keep reading out his text messages to Ally McCoist, during the match commentary. Makes him sound like he's wading through a bottle of Glenmorangie in his lonely little flat.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Would love to see Dortmund win it for the double hilarity of the petrostate falling on their face again, and the hilarity of Kane moving for the medals and winning **** all.

And the meltdown from United fans as Sancho was a flop 😝

Would absolutely love Dortmund to win it.

Wonder if it’s a Bayern Dortmund final if Bayern will tap one of their players up right before the game like they did with Gotze, horrible bastards.

Â