Weekends Football 19/20 April

andykeenan

Just now, oishiiniku_uk said:

We've reached a point where refs are scared to give a decision in the moment and VAR don't want to contradict their mates. 

The “high bar” with VAR is ridiculous. Thats a player getting taken out from behind in the box and they’re deeming it not worth a second viewing because… it’s close to the ball or something? I don’t get it.

They may as well just do away with VAR if it isn’t doing anything in those situations. What’s the point 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The “high bar” with VAR is ridiculous. Thats a player getting taken out from behind in the box and they’re deeming it not worth a second viewing because… it’s close to the ball or something? I don’t get it.

They may as well just do away with VAR if it isn’t doing anything in those situations. What’s the point 🤷🏻‍♂️

Agreed. If it's given by the ref then no way is that getting overturned. PGMOL directive must be to avoid any potentially controversial decision by doing nothing. 

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

Bloody hell.

I don't think a referee would be openly corrupt like that...

...but surely they can't have a Luton fan involved in a relegation battle of a game?

Just saw those 3 Forest Penalties, blatant Hand ball by Young, other 2 were penalties all day long too. 3rd was a mistake by Attwell meaning VAR should have corrected, but didn't.

If that was us lads, we would be fuming. Forest fighting relegation too  makes it even more damming. 

Are the refs really that bad?

Edited by foreveryoung

Â