Midweek Football 1/4 April

andykeenan

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

There are two threats to us not making the Champions league, underperformance by English teams in Europe and Manchester United - now that doesn't mean that United have got a massive chance of upsetting our applecart, but they are there and they will be a threat until they're not. I'm not sure PPG is a great indicator when you get down to small numbers of games and I don't think it's the best way to judge the gap, but the gap is there and it's a decent size, it's unlikely that United catch us, but we'd be foolish to ignore the possibility.

United still have Liverpool, Arsenal,, Newcastle and Brighton to play, I can see them losing all 4 of those games.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There are two threats to us not making the Champions league, underperformance by English teams in Europe and Manchester United - now that doesn't mean that United have got a massive chance of upsetting our applecart, but they are there and they will be a threat until they're not. I'm not sure PPG is a great indicator when you get down to small numbers of games and I don't think it's the best way to judge the gap, but the gap is there and it's a decent size, it's unlikely that United catch us, but we'd be foolish to ignore the possibility.

First sensible post in a few pages.  

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

United still have Liverpool, Arsenal,, Newcastle and Brighton to play, I can see them losing all 4 of those games.

I hope so!

We've got three of those sides too.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Booing mounts every touch, it's like they're oblivious that they sold him to fund their £350m splurge on shit 

He turned down a new contract to leave

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I didn't realise we are out of the running for 4th

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I hope so!

We've got three of those sides too.

We arent shipping 25 shots a game. Liverpool could seriously hurt them on the weekend 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I didn't realise we are out of the running for 4th

We're not - but all being well, there is no difference between fourth and fifth - we're not in a fight with Spurs, we're holding hands and dancing up the path to the Champions league together.

Â