Midweek Football 1/4 April

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Aye - he's been a great signing.  For as poor as West Ham are overall, having him and Bowen running onto passes from Paqueta will always cause teams problems.

Only for Antonio to lumber in and trip over his feet trying to connect with the cross. 

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Only Villa could let Timo Werner actually score against them. Why does our club always help flop strikers?

In fairness to him, he was the main threat that made the difference against Luton and set up the spurs goal again tonight. 

Just now, peterwithethewinner said:

This…. you just watch Haaland score tomorrow

Just now, peterwithethewinner said:

This…. you just watch Haaland score tomorrow

You mean Grealish, surely.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Only Villa could let Timo Werner actually score against them. Why does our club always help flop strikers?

He’s playing wide left. He did set up Spurs opener. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Late spurs goal feels inevitable 

Deserved you'd have to say. Spams box has been under constant pressure from the beginning 

Just now, LondonLax said:

He’s playing wide left. He did set up Spurs opener. 

My fault we lost. I was in the Victoria pub in Valletta when we beat them but still in the UK at Birmingham Airport when we lost. I was Malta when we drew with Spam. I've never seen us lose whenever there. So naturally I'm looking to move there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

In fairness to him, he was the main threat that made the difference against Luton and set up the spurs goal again tonight. 

More generosity than fairness.

10 minutes ago, birdman said:

Antonio has been brilliant.

I haven’t watched much of the game but I saw him clean through, then too slow to get away, tackled but sort of fell a bit and somehow ended up 1 on 1 with the keeper and struck his shot straight at the keeper. 

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, Callum said:

Deserved you'd have to say. Spams box has been under constant pressure from the beginning 

Except that West Ham have had the best chances this half. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I haven’t watched much of the game but I saw him clean through, then too slow to get away, tacked big sort of fell a bit and somehow ended up 1 on 1 with the keeper and struck his shot straight at the keeper. 

Yes, brilliant - by Antonio's standards.

• Haha 1

Â