Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s 6ft!!

some sites say 6ft, some say 5ft 10.

either way, he cant even pass well, he is known to not be good on the ball, thats not ideal for a DM in our team.

its not like with Ndidi we are sacrificing some physicality for elite composure, ball control and passing, cus he cant do that.

i think people are looking with rose tinted glasses at ndidi.

Edited by MaVilla

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We must sign a DM… players having to fill in has limited their games too. All of our CMs are vastly better and more effective when they don’t have to fill in at that DM or defensive CM position… Bouba allowed others (esp Luiz) to thrive… we have definitely missed him.

Got to get someone in, he won’t be back and in his groove for a while. This season is going to be even harder unless we strengthen both the team and the squad… ECL was a struggle but now we’re in the Champions League!

Players like Ndidi are unlikely to cut it either unless Unai works his magic… got to be excellent on the ball and in the pass. Last thing we need is another Dendoncker.

A better squad means we won’t have to stick square pegs in round holes and everyone can perform to somewhere approaching their best… we are making a big step up this season and need the squad for it. Getting rid of those below the standard/level required is imperative… then we bring in better.

We all say we need to sign a DM when really we need one of our best players back fit. We all know how good Kamara is without even needing the data. We shouldn't just make a rash signing because he's out for half of next season. 

I would prefer a Loan to fill the position or if Emery can plan a tactical approach to mitigate. I'd rather Emery sign the players he wants in the squad and how we balance injuries with the squad. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Am I wrong? I thought his nickname was “Hobbit” or “Alan Wright’s little brother from another mother”

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Is that in high heels? 😂

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We all say we need to sign a DM when really we need one of our best players back fit. We all know how good Kamara is without even needing the data. We shouldn't just make a rash signing because he's out for half of next season. 

I would prefer a Loan to fill the position or if Emery can plan a tactical approach to mitigate. I'd rather Emery sign the players he wants in the squad and how we balance injuries with the squad. 

Oh sure, like Unai said… we have to be intelligent.

I fully trust and endorse their decisions. Only want and need players that Unai does and that’s what we’ll get, so nothing to worry or complain about.

It’s just fun to speculate isn’t it but within some sort of reason… I’m sure there is a certain amount to spend but we have to do it wisely and identify the right targets and those of value.

I just wonder whether some people are underestimating the challenge ahead of us next season… in truth, we limped over the line this year and suffered with injuries, suspensions, fatigue, loss of form etc. we need a better squad, we need better options. And we know Monchi and Unai are working on that.

We can’t expect to be successful next season unless we make some changes… and we don’t know in what state players will return and how long it will take for them to regain form. That’s not a “sure thing” and we don’t want to shoot ourselves in the foot or invite a period of struggle… nor rush them back and risk further damage.

Need to go into the new season fit, sharp and ready… not plugging holes by shifting players around and curbing their natural or optimum style or potential. Players playing in their best positions is what will fire us up the league and far into CL…

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Wow, you have a short temper there….😂

Are…. Are you… ok?

😆

I’m chill, but it’s early man! 😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I completely disagree. I think Diaby playing in a wide role more often and not as the 10 will see his form improve significantly next season 

How often will he start on the right if Bailey's fit though?

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

some sites say 6ft, some say 5ft 10.

either way, he cant even pass well, he is known to not be good on the ball, thats not ideal for a DM in our team.

its not like with Ndidi we are sacrificing some physicality for elite composure, ball control and passing, cus he cant do that.

i think people are looking with rose tinted glasses at ndidi.

At the very least, it would be another (worthwhile) option in the squad for a low outlay… and, get used to this, if Unai wants him then it’s fine… 

We’ve seen him vastly improve our players… Tielemans is a good example too, maybe (if we sign him) the same will happen with Ndidi.

A few frees, low cost buys or even loans will help to strengthen what is a lightweight squad and allow us to spend the big bucks on key additions that make the first 11 better.

But yeah, I have my concerns over him and it doesn’t look all that appealing right/for now…

I can see why some would go for little 4'11 Ndidi 😅 my view with frees is that you either;

1. take a flyer on a talented youngster (what we've done with some scottish / west brom players)
  2. get an established star who just happens to have run down his contract to get out of where they were (e.g.  Kamara)
  3. bring in an experienced older player for what they offer to the dressing room as well as on the pitch  (what Jedinak did for us in the Champ and I suggested Witsel do for us now)

Otherwise you bring in people who are just going to be squad fillers that drain wages for years and then go for free from us (did someone say Micah Richards?). Ndidi looks more like being this latter type so I'm not sure having a body helps us.

DM is our single biggest need for me, so if we do have 50-60m for a Baena/Williams then I'd rather we spend a chunk of that on a proper one. Hoping to get a player like Ugarte on loan won't happen until late in the window and we can't wait that long. 

Also it's not like we're going to bin off the DM when Kamara is back. There may be some games where we go with 2 (a la Southgate). Hopefully we're doing that in CL Semi finals against Real/Bayern and not home to San Marino  🙂

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Are…. Are you… ok?

😆

I’m chill, but it’s early man! 😂

Yeah just amusing myself on a Friday morning.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

At the very least, it would be another (worthwhile) option in the squad for a low outlay… and, get used to this, if Unai wants him then it’s fine… 

We’ve seen him vastly improve our players… Tielemans is a good example too, maybe (if we sign him) the same will happen with Ndidi.

A few frees, low cost buys or even loans will help to strengthen what is a lightweight squad and allow us to spend the big bucks on key additions that make the first 11 better.

But yeah, I have my concerns over him and it doesn’t look all that appealing right/for now…

Yeah, if Emery wants him and gets him, i will suck it up.

Im just talking about my own opinion.

I just have a hope that we will be going for a higher level of DM, like Merino, or another player with all the right attributes, i guess we will see! (i doubt we will get a Merino type tbh - prob too expensive)

Just now, _AA_786 said:

Also it's not like we're going to bin off the DM when Kamara is back. There may be some games where we go with 2 (a la Southgate). Hopefully we're doing that in CL Semi finals against Real/Bayern and not home to San Marino  🙂

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, MaVilla said:

Yeah, if Emery wants him and gets him, i will suck it up.

Im just talking about my own opinion.

I just have a hope that we will be going for a higher level of DM, like Merino, or another player with all the right attributes, i guess we will see! (i doubt we will get a Merino type tbh - prob too expensive)

Same here… Merino or Ugarte (loan?) would be ideal…

I want better too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Also it's not like we're going to bin off the DM when Kamara is back. There may be some games where we go with 2.

Hopefully we're doing that in CL Semi finals against Real/Bayern.

Aaahh… much better 😊

And yeah, you’re right mate 😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah just amusing myself on a Friday morning.

I think you’re the only one who’s amused mate 😂

na just kidding…

come on over to the Barkley thread and indulge in the lotr gifs 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Bowen signed a 7 year contract last October. He would be ridiculously ridiculuosly expensive. I can't see anyone buying him frankly, due to that fact, unless there is some timed release clause/europe clause which has not been made public yet.

Paqueta's situation (and possible ban) means that West Ham probably can't sell him this summer and the money from that sale had already been factored into their transfer budget, apparently. Perhaps that means they're more likely to listen to offers for Bowen as a result?

6 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

That's why I'd rather get someone who is like a 6.5

Someone who is better at covering kamara than Luiz is but when kamara is back he can compliment him and Luiz as a midfield 3

And rightly or wrongly in my head that player is thuram 

Â