Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, VictoriabcVillan said:

I think if Hermoso comes in. He is a replacement for both Digne & Carlos. Definately makes sense to try & move those on. They both have been very good this year but we need money & space.  They are in the latter stages of their careers, earning a hefty wedge but still have enough quality to get some suitors willing to pay for them. 

Players like Dendoncker & Chambers could be more challenging to move, as demand will be low. It is essential they are both moved on though as they are nowhere near good enough to be taking up any squad space next year. 

Chambers will find a club, we've no amortisation left on him and he's not on massive wages. 

Dendonker I doubt we can find a buyer. Will likely be a season long loan with conditions for obligation to buy. 

23 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It was more about the fact that we won’t have to pay much bigger bonuses and they were mostly already activated this season in ECL. Helps with our budget.

But yeah, JJ is going nowhere and I’m sick of repeating the same points in full and provide all the evidence and comments. Unai loves him and his value is the lowest it will be.

So you think we’ll sell JJ prior or after June 30?

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Olsen will move on and we'll keep one of Sinisalo or Marshall as 3rd keeper as they qualify as home grown for UEFA Squad 

This is what we should be doing. Doesn't make sense to have Martinez, Gauci and Olsen registered for champs league. 

Carlos, Dendoncker, Olsen, Chambers, Coutinho.

That scouse prick really did lumber us with an aging wage bill in his quest for InTErNATioNal EXpeRienCE. He really is Steve Bruce with a better rep. Hate him with a passion.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

DIGNE- OUT
CARLOS- OUT
OLSEN- Release
CHAMBERS- Release

Lets start from there

Looking at our squad as of today and excluding loans in this season (Zaniolo/Lenglet), I think we have 13 players that the club wouldn’t want to sell or loan out, or they’re recovering from injury and therefore unlikely to receive bids for: 

Martinez, Gauci, Konsa, Mings, Pau, McGinn, Tielemans, Buendia, Diaby, Rogers, Bailey, Kamara, Watkins.

Then we have a group of 11 players that we may not want to sell but FFP/PSR etc forces our hand somewhat. Or we may privately be happy to move on if the right offers (sale or loan) are received: 

Cash, Carlos, Digne, Moreno, KKH, Luiz, Ramsey, Iroegbunum, Duran, Sinisalo and Marshall. 

Finally from the current squad, I think we’d like to sell, loan or release this summer these six players for starters: 

Olsen, Chambers, Hause, Coutinho, Dendoncker, Archer (again) 

Personally, I reckon Emery would love to bring four or five in (permanent or loan) but much will depend on who stays and who goes? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, villanmac said:

That scouse prick really did lumber us with an aging wage bill in his quest for InTErNATioNal EXpeRienCE. He really is Steve Bruce with a better rep. Hate him with a passion.

All he wanted was better COMMUNICATION 🙄

“Tell me then!”

Harsh on Brucey really… very limited but did his part in rebuilding us…

can you imagine SG in Championship? 😱 😱😱😱😱

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Of course we’d be open to selling someone who isn’t a guaranteed starter when we have a fully fit squad 

16 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

So you think we’ll sell JJ prior or after June 30?

Sometime after June 30… in 11/12 years when he’s 33/34…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Tbf though at least Brucey got us SJM

1 minute ago, CroVillan said:

Trust me he’s the last player I’d want to sell. 

I know you was jesting 😆

Idiots wanting to sell him for bloody 30 odd million though… absurd

fickle, traitorous “fans”… not his fault he got injured

he’s class and going to get even better… and actually loves the club 

some were saying he was worth 80m last season… and now…

once he’s fit and firing again… he’ll be one of our most valuable players.

The worst and most stupid time to sell would be now… imagine him shining for another PL team 🤢

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Ahem…

spacer.png

Look at it this way if Unai can actually get something out of Barkley well at least know he’s hands down the best gaffer in the league 🤣

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

Looks like we're PPG/FFP broke, if we're signing Barkley.

Not necessarily. I mean it wouldn’t have been a signing id have thought we’d be making, but, I expected 2/3 free signings, before adding a couple of big purchases a bit later on in the window. We need numbers, without breaking the bank. Look at the last two months - our squad was hampered by injury and bad luck. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Not necessarily. I mean it wouldn’t have been a signing id have thought we’d be making, but, I expected 2/3 free signings, before adding a couple of big purchases a bit later on in the window. We need numbers, without breaking the bank. Look at the last two months - our squad was hampered by injury and bad luck. 

You probably correct. We shouldn't doubt Emery, maybe he turn Barkley into a beast.

Â