Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

34 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Well its classed as free and even with those extra fees it still wouldn’t lets say exceed £6M which compared to a £30M transfer is night and day.

On a 30m transfer there would probably be 100k wages and 3m signing fee plus nearly a mill for the agent. 

On a free, the wages would probably 25 - 50% higher plus the player would get at least a 10m signing on fee, and the agent would get at least double. Essentially the outlay for a bosman is 40 to 50 percent of what a transfer would be. However there is no fee to be amortised, so any sale of such a player can be considered pure profit. 

We also have to remember the depends on the competition for the player. If your competing with Man City and the likes then you'd have to pay Man City level wages and fees (300k per week). If your competing with Bournemouth and Brighton the wage will be at their level, which will be 100k at the most.

Also you have to look at the contract  length. Often young players on bosmans want 3 year contracts so they can easily leave on a bosman with their peak years ahead of them. Players in their prime want longer contracts as that is probably going to be the best contract of their career. Players past their best tend to want a longer contact even if it means accepting less money. 

44 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

1 out 5 ain’t bad lol

but beg to differ on a couple of points… Baeno I don’t find slow, technically gifted but is sometimes wasteful though so is Buendia trying to thread passes and find forwards. 

Not sure we need that big, strong enforcer as a DM, more so someone that can break up play as a back four guard and that also can generate forward play.

Haven’t heard that Williams is asking for such a substantial wage, if so then no go totally agree.

When viewing our areas of need DM, RB CM what players do you think would fit into our system/Premier League as per say? 

Baena seems alot like Buendia, so why do we need to buy him? I do like the player, but I'm unconvinced at the 50m being banded about. Plus, I feel this is a lazy link.

We need a cultured brute at DM. 5'8 deep lying playmaker. We have Luiz and Tielemans, plus McGinn can play that role too. We need a player that can't be bullied, that rather will do the bulling for us, but also take care of the ball and find passes. It's not easy, but that's what we need if we are to buy a DM (unless we sell Luiz).

For me we need a RB, CB (2 if Carlos leaves), a DM, and a LM/ LW. 

Lenglet I like but what I want is real competition for places. Similarly Carlos I like, but if we get get half our money back  (so break even on the balance sheet) and bring in a superior player that can be on par with Konsa (at least) then I can get behind that.

RB speaks for itself really. I want a rapid skillfull attacking fullback. I'm not really against Dumfries, but the prem is a different beast to serie A he blows hot and cold, not consistent enough. Frimpong i like too but he plays as a right winger, the space would be ruthlessly exploited in the prem. I feel Cash is the balanced option, then Konsa the defensive option. So the newcomer should be an attacking option. This makes a lot more sense if we sign Hermoso who is a CB that can play left back and has double figures this season in goals and assists from left back, even though he is a defense first fullback. Hermoso opens up the option of regularly playing an attack oriented right back.

LM /LW because I see Rogers best position that no 10 behind the striker. So that leaves only Ramsey, who is somewhat injury ravaged over the last couple of years. I like Buendia, but I don't rate him as top half prem player, let alone champions league player. We need a big player here.

If we sell Digne (which I'm torn over) then we need another LB. 

So for me 4 players, with 2 current players with real possibility of leaving (Digne and Carlos)  needing replacements if they do. Luiz an outside chance of leaving (would also need replacing).

The Ramsey departure stuff all comes from FFP speculation as he is homegrown. But we need 4 homegrown players to fill our quota for European football. So I don't see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CroVillan said:

Hermoso

Baeno

Garcia

Williams 

Dumfries

thank you and goodbye lol 😜

So who are you selling to pay for these? Our fringe players won’t be enough so which key player would you sell?

44 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Baena seems alot like Buendia, so why do we need to buy him? I do like the player, but I'm unconvinced at the 50m being banded about. Plus, I feel this is a lazy link.

We need a cultured brute at DM. 5'8 deep lying playmaker. We have Luiz and Tielemans, plus McGinn can play that role too. We need a player that can't be bullied, that rather will do the bulling for us, but also take care of the ball and find passes. It's not easy, but that's what we need if we are to buy a DM (unless we sell Luiz).

For me we need a RB, CB (2 if Carlos leaves), a DM, and a LM/ LW. 

Lenglet I like but what I want is real competition for places. Similarly Carlos I like, but if we get get half our money back  (so break even on the balance sheet) and bring in a superior player that can be on par with Konsa (at least) then I can get behind that.

RB speaks for itself really. I want a rapid skillfull attacking fullback. I'm not really against Dumfries, but the prem is a different beast to serie A he blows hot and cold, not consistent enough. Frimpong i like too but he plays as a right winger, the space would be ruthlessly exploited in the prem. I feel Cash is the balanced option, then Konsa the defensive option. So the newcomer should be an attacking option. This makes a lot more sense if we sign Hermoso who is a CB that can play left back and has double figures this season in goals and assists from left back, even though he is a defense first fullback. Hermoso opens up the option of regularly playing an attack oriented right back.

LM /LW because I see Rogers best position that no 10 behind the striker. So that leaves only Ramsey, who is somewhat injury ravaged over the last couple of years. I like Buendia, but I don't rate him as top half prem player, let alone champions league player. We need a big player here.

If we sell Digne (which I'm torn over) then we need another LB. 

So for me 4 players, with 2 current players with real possibility of leaving (Digne and Carlos)  needing replacements if they do. Luiz an outside chance of leaving (would also need replacing).

The Ramsey departure stuff all comes from FFP speculation as he is homegrown. But we need 4 homegrown players to fill our quota for European football. So I don't see it.

Well thought out and extensive I like it….but I’ve just finished nightshift here in Sunny QLD so it’s bed time. I’ll hit you with a response tomorrow. 

Laku Noć

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

On a 30m transfer there would probably be 100k wages and 3m signing fee plus nearly a mill for the agent. 

On a free, the wages would probably 25 - 50% higher plus the player would get at least a 10m signing on fee, and the agent would get at least double. Essentially the outlay for a bosman is 40 to 50 percent of what a transfer would be. However there is no fee to be amortised, so any sale of such a player can be considered pure profit. 

We also have to remember the depends on the competition for the player. If your competing with Man City and the likes then you'd have to pay Man City level wages and fees (300k per week). If your competing with Bournemouth and Brighton the wage will be at their level, which will be 100k at the most.

Also you have to look at the contract  length. Often young players on bosmans want 3 year contracts so they can easily leave on a bosman with their peak years ahead of them. Players in their prime want longer contracts as that is probably going to be the best contract of their career. Players past their best tend to want a longer contact even if it means accepting less money. 

its also far harder to sell them if you no longer want them as NO ONE is going to match the wage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

So who are you selling to pay for these? Our fringe players won’t be enough so which key player would you sell?

You’d need to weigh up out of Martinez, Konsa, McGinn, Ramsey & Luiz whose fees would basically be all profit which one is sacrificial… Less key player again we can sell for  guaranteed profit is Ca£h. Then you’ve got Carlos, Digne, Moreno, who we’d need to sell for more than what’s left to amortised… Monchi hasn’t got an easy task balancing finance with squad acquisitions,  sales and strengthening without weakening. Fun times ahead this summer ! 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

You’d need to weigh up out of Martinez, Konsa, McGinn, Ramsey & Luiz whose fees would basically be all profit which one is sacrificial… Less key player again we can sell for  guaranteed profit is Ca£h. Then you’ve got Carlos, Digne, Moreno, who we’d need to sell for more than what’s left to amortised… Monchi hasn’t got an easy task balancing finance with squad acquisitions,  sales and strengthening without weakening. Fun times ahead this summer ! 

people often forget something with amortization...

As you correctly point out you need to get their book value at least not to make an FFP loss, but what people tend to forget is the club have got the players amortisation for the following season planned as part of their expenditure freeing that up for a new signing even if you only break even on a player sale.

So you could sell a 30m pound player half way through his 4 year deal for 15m make no profit or loss. Sign a player for 37.5m on a 5 year deal and make sod all difference to what the club had planned for the next two seasons.

• Like 2

I can see Digne signing a contract extension, maybe for a smaller wage with a bigger signing fee. He's been indespensible this year and a big part of why we are where we are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I can see Digne signing a contract extension, maybe for a smaller wage with a bigger signing fee. He's been indespensible this year and a big part of why we are where we are.

Is he going to accept only 350k a week though? 

• Haha 1

So apparently Nico Williams is asking prospective clubs for £300k/week.

Because Athletic don't really pay transfer fees they've chucked money at him, apparently he's on £250k/week there.

(was on twitter from some Arsenal/spurs itk)

26 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

So apparently Nico Williams is asking prospective clubs for £300k/week.

Because Athletic don't really pay transfer fees they've chucked money at him, apparently he's on £250k/week there.

(was on twitter from some Arsenal/spurs itk)

Tell him he’s dreeammming!! Lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I know the source isn't great and I'll probably get roundly assaulted, but Olise would be nice

Would be but can’t see it happening and more pressing areas of need I think. 
But you never know there might be some grande plan. 

1 hour ago, CroVillan said:

Would be but can’t see it happening and more pressing areas of need I think. 
But you never know there might be some grande plan. 

He'll be announced in front of the new North stand plans and the bloody badge

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

He'll be announced in front of the new North stand plans and the bloody badge

Hopefully in a that Newly designed Zeppelin jersey some have designed 🤟 Lol

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

Doesn't Williams play in the same position as Diaby/Bailey as well?

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I know the source isn't great and I'll probably get roundly assaulted, but Olise would be nice

I'd think we'd all take Olise... But it's probably unrealistic ATM. He'll cost a huge amount of money which I don't think we are able to or should be spending on one player right now.

Those are the types you need to try and get before they get to the PL... Like with Rogers. Must be why we were so adamant to get him when we did, or on EOF the reasons anyway.

Â