Christmas Football 22/24 December

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Do you think they would get better though? I don’t think the manager is the issue there. 

They are absolutely shite. Spent 450 million in 18 months to end up watching that. Chelsea have bought young players that cannot work together in the managers system. Man Utd bought old players that cannot work together in their managers system  .

Mount , Onana , casemeiro  Holjund Antony Sancho ... thats 380  million right there. !!!  They are either too old or not good enough. And the majority earning 10-15 mill a year  

Genuinely seeing that that the majority get injured as well theres not much i would have at Vila at all. 

Look at their captain . Look at ours. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They are absolutely shite. Spent 450 million in 18 months to end up watching that. Chelsea have bought young players that cannot work together in the managers system. Man Utd bought old players that cannot work together in their managers system  .

Mount , Onana , casemeiro  Holjund Antony Sancho ... thats 380  million right there. !!!

This is what I mean. The players are the problem, not the manager. 

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Do you think they would get better though? I don’t think the manager is the issue there. 

Unai has changed my opinion on the impact a manager can have. When I watch Man United, they look like a team that are not sure what they are supposed to be doing. Which makes me think that for whatever reason, Ten Haag can't coach these players effectively. Whether the issue is Ten Haag or the players I'm unsure. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a bit of both. 

• Like 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, but . . . the manager has had significant input into buying several of those players.

The manager totally misunderstood the Prem.  And the suits totally misunderstood Ten Hags ability  to manage their basket case all of their own making. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The manager totally misunderstood the Prem.  And the suits totally misunderstood Ten Hags ability  to manage their basket case all of their own making. 

It just has to be a problem for the 'it's the players, not the manager' theory that they've got worse as he's stayed there longer and bought more players.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

No way, Leeds beat Ipswich 4-0. 😮

After a slow start Leeds are starting to look very good. Wouldn't shock me if they got 2nd. Frontline of Rutter, Summerville, Piroe and Dan James is very good for that level and most teams can't cope. Gnonto is only actually a sub for them currently, pretty incredible a full Italian international can't get a game for a championship club.0

Â