Afcon/Asia Cup and Villa's UCL rivals

GlobalVillan

34 minutes ago, a-k said:

What is the GK doing?

Indeed. There's little to be taken from "bangers" in a tournament with this level of keeping. I'd have an incredible highlights reel against an under 13s keeper.

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Given he didn't actually seem to be injured,  and just kind of walked himself off, it does make me wonder if it's a way for him to get back home for the Liverpool title race early. Nothing in his past suggests he'd do this, but didn't seem to actually be injured?

Will surely be against the rules until Egypt get knocked out?

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Given he didn't actually seem to be injured,  and just kind of walked himself off, it does make me wonder if it's a way for him to get back home for the Liverpool title race early. Nothing in his past suggests he'd do this, but didn't seem to actually be injured?

He wont be allowed to play for Liverpool until the tournament is over either way

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Will surely be against the rules until Egypt get knocked out?

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He wont be allowed to play for Liverpool until the tournament is over either way

That makes sense, but better to be rested for a month than playing second tier plodders that will kick the crap out of you.

I'll reiterate, there's nothing in Salah's past that makes me think he'd do that, but the way he went off without the slightest limp just made me wonder how he knew he couldn't play on. It was really odd. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

That makes sense, but better to be rested for a month than playing second tier plodders that will kick the crap out of you.

I'll reiterate, there's nothing in Salah's past that makes me think he'd do that, but the way he went off without the slightest limp just made me wonder how he knew he couldn't play on. It was really odd. 

True but some players like playing for there country. If Salah wasnt bothered he would have retired from international football a long time ago

• Like 2

Kyrgyzstan had 2 players sent off in their game against Saudi Arabia, the first one after only 9 mins. Not seen either situation so they might be correct.

They lost 4-0 :o 

Not sure about the other groups so they might still qualify as one of the 3rds that goes through? But it might be a bit unruly in Abidjan tonight.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

They lost 4-0 :o 

Not sure about the other groups so they might still qualify as one of the 3rds that goes through? But it might be a bit unruly in Abidjan tonight.

In front of Drogba as well, it’s really embarrassing on them. They also spent around $1 billion to host this competition. They can go through as one of the better 3rd place teams but it’s not looking good for them at all, it’s crazy how quickly Senegal overtook Ivory Coast as the best west African footballing nation

• Like 1

I love the randomness of these tournaments, top scorer so far is a 34 year old ex blues right back who plays as a striker for Equatorial Guinea who currently plays in the Spanish 3rd league

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I love the randomness of these tournaments, top scorer so far is a 34 year old ex blues right back who plays as a striker for Equatorial Guinea who currently plays in the Spanish 3rd league

Nsue was quite decent playing for Mallorca years back. Then SHA got him when they had that reckless spending spree under Redknapp and Steve Cotterill just stuck him at RB where he was s***.

Ivory Coast are a long way from what they were putting out in the 2000s and early 2010s.

Looks like Egypt might be going out aswell on 3 draws so Salah will be o.k to play at Arsenal if he recovers.