Weekends Football 1/3 December

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Pope's injury could be a big one, even if it's just a month out, it's a big month 

Their backup keeper isn’t Robin Olsen, though, so not as big a blow as it would be for us to lose Emi.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Their backup keeper isn’t Robin Olsen, though, so not as big a blow as it would be for us to lose Emi.

I have seen Dubravka concede some woeful goals. Slovakia vs Spain in the Euros made Olsen look like Buffon

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

They would be far better with cloggers who work hard, than arrogant divas who think it’s beneath them.

I’d be disgusted if I were a United fan.

Onana has another mistake in him

McTominay is that clogger. If he isn't popping up with shots on the edge of the box he offers very little in these type of games. Wan Bisakka mainly defended well one v one against Gordon but losing and you know he isn't going to offer much going forward.

Man. United have endless issues back to front, their recent run of wins was a complete mirage and really there's nothing to worry about with them.

I can see them finishing 8th or 9th if Chelsea ever wake from their malaise. Brentford were bottom half this morning and they're only 5 points off Man. United now.

35 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

He's done apparently. United will get rid of him in January, most likely to Saudi Arabia.

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

shame for him to leave Europe. He could restart his career back in Germany or maybe Spain.

I heard that Juve are trying to do a deal for him, so I wouldn't bank on Saudi just yet. 

• Like 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I heard that Juve are trying to do a deal for him, so I wouldn't bank on Saudi just yet. 

Get the feeling his agency has just told him to ride it out and wait for Ten Hag to get sacked so loan deal feels most logical option somewhere.

Just now, VillaChris said:

He was first choice when they had that amazing run of form at start of 2022.

He is an ok keeper but he isnt amazing. He has blunders in him though

That game I mentioned would have been flagged for match fixing if he was a good keeper

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think Sancho has turned down Saudi before. I think the talent is there but I wouldn't even try risk a loan for him for us for example

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It seems strange for him to go to Saudi at this stage. I’m sure he has money already coming out of his ears yet lots of unfinished business as a footballer at the top level. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

McTominay is that clogger. If he isn't popping up with shots on the edge of the box he offers very little in these type of games.

I’d say Mctominay has been one of the only positives to come out of this season. Works very hard, tackles hard, sets the tone on a pitch full of sulking babies. He also scores important goals for club and country, 

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Sancho has turned down Saudi before. I think the talent is there but I wouldn't even try risk a loan for him for us for example

He needs to go back overseas so think. Spain, Germany, Italy and would look the player he was at Dortmund.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

From 1 to 11 they are just so unbalanced / injury prone/ overated/ badly coached. 

They are in a massive mess because they have spent big money for such a shit squad. 

Anthony, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Maguire, Casemiro, Verane, Martinez, Mount are all on massive wages but not good enough. They can’t get rid of them without paying them off tens of millions each.

Then to compound the issue they needed a GK and a striker this summer, they wouldn’t pay the money for Kane and for some reason were never linked with our World Cup winner. 
Absolutely clueless.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

They are in a massive mess because they have spent big money for such a shit squad. 

Anthony, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Maguire, Casemiro, Verane, Martinez, Mount are all on massive wages but not good enough. They can’t get rid of them without paying them off tens of millions each.

Then to compound the issue they needed a GK and a striker this summer, they wouldn’t pay the money for Kane and for some reason were never linked with our World Cup winner. 
Absolutely clueless.

Think Martinez you are a bit harsh but others arent contributing. Add in Lindelof and Shaw probably a couple others

Ita a club ran dreadfully, they need a rebuild from bottom up but have a childish fan base who wont accept it so they need to sign win now players 😂

Its absolutely car crash TV and I love it

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Think Martinez you arw a bit harsh but others arent contributing. Add in Lindelof and Shaw probably a couple others

Ita a club ran dreadfully, they need a rebuild from bottom up but have a childish fan base who wont accept it so they need to sign win now players 😂

Its absolutely car crash TV and I love it

The problem is the rebuild, they’d have to spend £200m just getting rid of players before they add anything.

They need a manager who doesn’t tolerate the shit attitudes, they’ve had a few but they sack them.

Martinez has been ok true. Shaw has also been ok, he at least isn’t stinking the place out.

To let Kane go to Germany and sign an absolute nothing player like Mount is some of the stupidest transfer business I’ve ever seen.

They are where they are on merit. In fact, they are higher than where they deserve to be.

• Like 1

Yep, starting point should have been kane as a proper goalscorer who could snatch games for them if they don't play well and a holding midfielder who looks to control games 

Instead they bought a development striker and mason mount 

And bear in mind this wasn't done by Woodward and his guys that ran their decline, this was done by the new team who were appointed to fix all of this 

They need an overhaul at CEO level all the way down to Doris the cleaner 

It's **** brilliant 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, starting point should have been kane as a proper goalscorer who could snatch games for them if they don't play well and a holding midfielder who looks to control games 

Instead they bought a development striker and mason mount 

That’s assuming Kane would have turned down Bayern to go to Manchester United.  I don’t think that was ever likely to happen.  

• Like 3

Â