Local teams

kidlewis

Which of the local teams do you hate the least?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the local teams do you hate the least?

• vermin felchers
    • Saddlers
    • sha
    • Baggies
    • Wolves

The Wolves I actually like, and I've mentioned this before.

My best mate happens to be a Wolves supporter (which, considering he's Norwegian, is quite rare). As a result, I've been to the Molineux a couple of times when I've been over to see the Villa and they're playing at home the same weekend. I've gone there even if I wasn't travelling with my mate too. It's a big club with a nice stadium, and as we've had no trouble beating them the few times we've played them in my time I haven't really considered them as rivals either. I'd like them to do reasonably well as long as they're not playing the Villa.

Well I'll tell you this for a fact, they **** hate you. Perhaps even more than they hate the Baggies. Chim-chiminey chim-chimeny chim-chim-cheroo....

Seriously, which bollocks voted for the shit? The three of you, have the guts to stand up and be counted.

Christ. One can only think the majority of those voting don't live anywhere near brum....

Adding the Saddlers has ruined this poll, nobody gives a bollocks about them. They exist in a completely different world. I'd be amazed if anyone voted for anyone other than them.

Solihull Moors are only marginally less relevant than Walsall in this context (at least we could meet Walsall in the Carling Cup, I guess).

Well I'll tell you this for a fact, they **** hate you. Perhaps even more than they hate the Baggies. Chim-chiminey chim-chimeny chim-chim-cheroo....

Seriously, which bollocks voted for the shit? The three of you, have the guts to stand up and be counted.

Christ. One can only think the majority of those voting don't live anywhere near brum....

Admittedly I'm not living anywhere near Brum (though in deference to that, I'm not voting in this poll), but 'twould appear from one of their fora that Blose are more hated by Wolves supporters than Villa.

My best mate happens to be a Wolves supporter (which, considering he's Norwegian, is quite rare). As a result, I've been to the Molineux a couple of times when I've been over to see the Villa and they're playing at home the same weekend. I've gone there even if I wasn't travelling with my mate too. It's a big club with a nice stadium, and as we've had no trouble beating them the few times we've played them in my time I haven't really considered them as rivals either. I'd like them to do reasonably well as long as they're not playing the Villa.

Obviously, I'm aware that the Villa aren't too popular up there. I have some (Norwegian) Villa friends who went to the game at the Molineux the season they were up, and they very nearly got the shit kicked out of them before the game just a few hundred yards away from the ground. My friends are hardly troublemakers, they just made the schoolboy error of wearing a Villa scarf or somthing, and they just narrowly escaped from a group of neanderthals seeking a bit of Villa blood. There's a reason why I decided I didn't need my (claret and blue) gloves going to the Molineux on a freezing Decemer evening.

I would probably have felt different if I lived in Brum, but I've generally had a good time watching scrappy Championship football at the Molieux.

Maybe so. I've only ever really known two Wolves fans at all well; one when I was at Uni (35 years ago!!!), he was a good lad, and had no particular dislike of the Villa; and one now, at my running club. He's OK too, but I must admit he seems very bitter and twisted about Villa - I tend to stay off the subject of football because we can't have a sensible conversation about it. Funnily enough his brother is a Villa fan.

We havent played Walsall in a competitive game for thirty six and a half years. We have only played them six times in our history, four times in fourteen months in the league, between January 1971 and March 1972. Twice in the FA cup. Once in 1930. Once in 1912. I dont care about the pre season games

I voted for them too Rev. But I was less than pleased when we did not turn them over in those 4 Third Division games and it has now been 78 years of hurt... :winkold:

Â