Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

OK, let's not turn this into a **** shouting match like all mention of religion turns into on here between people who believe different things but can't let it go that someone else believes something different.

I just relayed a fact I heard on QI.

The guy Andy Roddick beat at Wimbledon yesterday, Igor Kunitsyn, is from Vladivostok in Russia. I guess it has a bit of fame for being Russia's eastern outpost, but I never realised just how far away it was.

VladivostokRussiaMap.gif

Vladivostok is closer to Darwin, Australia than it is it Moscow.

That's a brilliant fact.

My less interesting fact is that Andy Roddick's middle name is Steven.

The guy Andy Roddick beat at Wimbledon yesterday, Igor Kunitsyn, is from Vladivostok in Russia. I guess it has a bit of fame for being Russia's eastern outpost, but I never realised just how far away it was.

VladivostokRussiaMap.gif

That's mad, makes you realise how massive the country is.

Could be a decent war there. USA/S-K/Japan - China - Russia - North Korea

That post makes it sound like you didn't know they were neighbours before you saw that map 2 minutes beforehand :lol:

That's mad, makes you realise how massive the country is.

That post makes it sound like you didn't know .... ah never mind :)

Could be a decent war there. USA/S-K/Japan - China - Russia - North Korea

That post makes it sound like you didn't know they were neighbours before you saw that map 2 minutes beforehand :lol:

I actually didn't know Russia had their boarder that far south. Shoot me.

Must be a political decision, because the countries that run the length of its northern border (Russia, Mongolia and Kazakhstan) straddle five time zones and five hours.

Dunno.

It depends on loads of things I guess. Where the major centres of population are, how frequently people move between those centres (etc)

1zgzpopu.jpg

Thirty seconds on google tells me that pretty much all of the population of China is in the region that naturally sits at GMT+8 anyway, so there might not be any need to **** about with organising different time zones.

Â