Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

50 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think he's been pretty unlucky tbh. He's probably had very little pre season himself with an impending move on the horizon or time to settle, from what I gather still in a hotel. He covered Ramsey's position whilst he was out and until Teilemans could get himself match fit and used to the system. Which incidentally coincided with some of our best form this season.  Then when everyone starts getting fit or used to the system he reverts back out wide and then because of Leon's form is down to bit's and pieces. 

I can understand if he's a little frustrated tbh. He's had less time than anyone to settle other than Lenglet, who has been in England previously. He's shown versatility and a willingness to adapt to the system already playing in several positions, even if he hasn't been really imposing himself the way I expect he can. Add to that, he's had very little game time the last few weeks, just when he probably thinks he's getting somewhere, chipping in with a couple of goals and having more impact. 

I think it might be just agent chatter to let the club know he's frustrated and wants more game time. I don't see anything wrong with it, he's going to have a lot of options come the summer if we don't sign him. I think it's easy to forget he's still only a youngster himself and after so long out want's more for himself. 

Yep…

tbf to him, he’s worked hard and maintained a positive attitude… has praised the club, fans and players too…

the goals against Mostar and Sheff Utd were crucial… he saved us in that game and gave us something different…

I keep saying it… but I’d prioritise him and his involvement over Duran …

Maybe give Diaby a break and see if he can come back stronger…

There’s only so much Nico can do coming on for the last 10-20 mins in games…

• Like 4

Think we’re gonna keep seeing this kind of stuff until the window closes, at least… typical Italian media.

Can’t really see this happening unless we’re somehow bringing a forward in who might be more effective… that won’t come cheap… and seems unlikely.

Already made my feelings clear, give him a chance in his best position and let’s see…

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Think we’re gonna keep seeing this kind of stuff until the window closes, at least… typical Italian media.

Can’t really see this happening unless we’re somehow bringing a forward in who might be more effective… that won’t come cheap… and seems unlikely.

Already made my feelings clear, give him a chance in his best position and let’s see…

We have a buy option at the end of the loan, so I don’t whether Gala can just recall and sell him to another party in this window - even if they wanted to. 

Edit: also, what is his best position? 

Edited by Awol

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

to be brutally honest, i dont think i care if he stays or goes.

keeping him might be good for squad depth, but i certainly havent been overly impressed so far, maybe he will improve for the second half of the season.

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

We have a buy option at the end of the loan, so I don’t whether Gala can just recall and sell him to another party in this window - even if they wanted to. 

Edit: also, what is his best position? 

The sort of position Diaby and Bailey have been played in… SS, in support of the CF. More central, not the wing.

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Didn't he play for Gala in one of their euro qualifiers? DOn't think you can play for 3 clubs in the same season, so this is 100% bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Didn't he play for Gala in one of their euro qualifiers? DOn't think you can play for 3 clubs in the same season, so this is 100% bollocks.

There’s gonna be a lot of that, that doesn’t stop them spouting all sorts though…

Can’t really rule him returning to Gala out until the window closes though… and having a future transfer possibly arranged.

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

There’s gonna be a lot of that, that doesn’t stop them spouting all sorts though…

Can’t really rule him returning to Gala out until the window closes though… and having a future transfer possibly arranged.

Yeah he can only play for us and Gala this season, so could possibly return there if loan was terminated.  He couldn't play for Fiorentina until next season.  

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Send him back already.

Donkey who we can’t afford to carry. FFP exists and we don’t need this clown ruining it for us. 

This must be another wind up - surely 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

This is correct

He’s definitely got something in there that can be unlocked. We should all know better than to be writing players off this early now. That being said, if he did want to leave I don’t think anyone would particularly miss him. 

tbh, when i watched some Rodgers videos, i thought how similar their physical size, style (as in how they move), and playing position(s) are.

obviously different players, but yeah....i know what i mean.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

He’s definitely got something in there that can be unlocked. We should all know better than to be writing players off this early now. That being said, if he did want to leave I don’t think anyone would particularly miss him. 

It might have taken a while, but he has improved and had a couple of goals… I expect much more during this second half of the season… he needs to be given opportunities too though… 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jas10 said:

It might have taken a while, but he has improved and had a couple of goals… I expect much more during this second half of the season… he needs to be given opportunities too though… 

Totally agree with you - Look how Tielemans was written off, now we are thinking this guy needs to start.

• Like 1

Actually… they can’t… not this season…

No matter how “obsessed” they may be 😂

Can only either continue here or return to his original club this window… this season.

Trashy Italian media 

Â