Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Galatasaray are very savvy putting the 2m acl tax on this!

I don’t think the 2m cancellation fee makes much sense in the combo with an option to buy. People are saying it’s a £6m loan, with £2m cancellation fee if we don’t buy, and the buy price is set at £23m or whatever.

Thats the same thing as a £6m+£2m=£8m loan fee and a £23m-£2m=£21m buy option, i.e. the extra two million was already covered by the available options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

but if we can't beat Everton at home after that horrific performance against Newcastle then I'll probably start writing the season off. 

Glad to have you on board, it's this never say die, VTID, through the bad times and the good type of support that we so desperately need ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

I don’t think the 2m cancellation fee makes much sense in the combo with an option to buy. People are saying it’s a £6m loan, with £2m cancellation fee if we don’t buy, and the buy price is set at £23m or whatever.

Thats the same thing as a £6m+£2m=£8m loan fee and a £23m-£2m=£21m buy option, i.e. the extra two million was already covered by the available options.

Yeah look like our way of getting what we wanted if true, we wanted an option with no obligation, they wanted obligation to buy. Monchi said ok, it's an obligation to buy but if we stump up £2m we can cancel that obligation...

46 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the only bit that sounded convoluted was the £2m to effectively cancel the transfer next summer.  The rest kind of makes sense - Villa ask for an optional transfer fee to be included in the deal in case everything goes well (but the optional element reduces the risk if it doesn't), Galatasaray insist that they want the future transfer to be mandatory as that makes the loan part of the deal financially acceptable given the fee they've just paid for him.  In the end the obvious compromise is to say OK how about it becomes mandatory if the player plays a certain number of games - if he's playing 20 games for us then presumably he's done pretty well and we'll be confident that we would want to make the deal permanent in the summer.  It gives us plenty of time to let him settle into the team / England before making a decision.  At the same time it is a low enough number that he should (unless it is a complete disaster) hit those numbers.  No way that he plays 19 games and then Villa don't play him for 6 months because we only wanted him on loan.  It's a pretty good compromise that keeps us happy and hopefully keeps @Gala happy too.  The final fee is also good for both teams - if he does well enough to sign permanently then £25m for a player who could end the season as a regular starter for Italy is an absolute bargain.  Meanwhile Galatasaray have also doubled their money and will have serious funds to invest next summer.  I assume the "hard to reach" targets are probably us qualifying for the Champions League and winning the UEFA Conference this season - in which case we'll more than cover the added bonus.  It really does sound like a genuine win-win for both clubs either way.

Just watching footage/highlights of him again… would it be fair to say that he’s a better dribbler and better or more natural finisher than anyone we currently have at the club? Looks so technically gifted… *

Would he end up being the most naturally talented player at the club? Maybe even more so than Coutinho, who is well and truly past his best (and never really shown anything resembling that) and can’t even go on decent runs anymore… slowed down massively and barely challenges the keeper with his shots… Phil going the other way would have actually made sense, rebuild himself at a lower level…

* Nico appears to look that way anyway… and I’m crazy excited again if that’s the case 😂

In terms of “risk”… are we only talking about injuries here? Because, there don’t appear to be any other genuine negative factors… mitigating/extenuating reasons for questions over his attitude or mental issues (treated like shit at Roma, by extremist fans and the alway spiky and arrogant Mourinho - only a robot would not have been affected by that, the kid seemed to have been used n abused really)…

I’ve actually seen some very positive comments and stuff from certain Gala fans, including how he helped out in difficult times (earthquake, supplies for the homeless)…

Best goals per minute ratio in Turkish league…

Just seems like someone who wants to get on and enjoy his football and move on from the crap of the past… he’s chosen an excellent destination… I hope and feel he will thrive under Unai’s management…

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

image.jpeg.ca629b58b693d8698feb51d919368372.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Would he end up being the most naturally talented player at the club?

Deffo between him and Coutinho, first few training sessions with both of them in would be a great watch! If they started getting a bit competitive I bet they'd do some crazy stuff.

• Like 1

I like the way we have negotiated and structured the deal… in the past we would have just splashed the cash and overpaid on fee and wages with little to no consideration or foresight and, going off our track record or luck in the past, would have paid for it dearly and it would have cost us in more ways than one…

Hopefully this works out incredibly well, but we’ve put in certain safeguards or mitigated some risk here…

Nice one Monchi, now get cracking on some more deals 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Deffo between him and Coutinho, first few training sessions with both of them in would be a great watch! If they started getting a bit competitive I bet they'd do some crazy stuff.

Yes matey!!!!! 😁😄
🇮🇹 

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

The only thing that could delight me after this and help overcome the hurt and anguish over Ty and Emi’s injuries is bringing his friend along too (let me dream)… would help each other settle more easily and quickly too (I know, I know, it’s a fantasy 😂)…

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Hmmm, not a fan of potential mandatory buy option clause. Hopefully it's quite a high bar with certain number of PL mins + goals/assists to trigger. 

Essentially if we decide we don't want to make it permanent we just have to stop playing him. However we have that 2.5m extra payment if we decide to not to make permanent even if triggered. 

Ok it does kinda make sense then. If he is playing regularly for us and we don't want to sign him we pay a higher loan fee basically

Edited by CVByrne

Have to laugh at Tammy missing some sitters in the highlight vid. 

Injury concerns, attitude concerns, already playing in Turkey concerns. 

But we need some pisstake in the side now that Buendia is out and Zaniolo seems to have that anger in spades. 

I think this is the kind of singing Emery and Monchi love: a player with all the right attributes and something to prove, and with elite level coaching they can get the best out of… I can’t say I’d ever heard of him before but he’s highly rated by all accounts. 

• Like 2

As I say I don’t know much about him, could he play in that Buendia role, and connect the mid to the forwards?

Also, again I’m not ITK about these things, but it isn’t a mandatory purchase if there is a cancellation option (even if there’s a fee)?

Edited by alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

As I say I don’t know much about him, could he play in that Buendia role, and connect the mid to the forwards?

I don’t think so. Looks either like a second striker or winger role. Would occupy the same spaces as Bailey and Diaby. Most videos have him on the right. 

Transfermarkt has him as attacking midfield, right winger, second striker. 

Still missing a right footed attacking midfielder but makes sense that we don’t have a lot of links as Unai didn’t expect Buendia to be out for a season.  

Would liken him to a wide forward role like Diaby and Bailey. 

Haven’t seen a lot of him back to goal which would make me hesitant to say even subbing Ollie. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Thanks 1

Â