Fixture congestion

ender4

On 07/08/2023 at 16:24, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah i've wanted to go to Switzlerland for a while, never been, potentially a perfect opportunity.

From what i've seen, the place literally looks like something out of a fantasy movie!

Well, the flag’s a big plus… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For early part of the season we only gain an extra match as being in europe means we skip a round of league cup.

I think aim for europa GS if we make it is to wrap up qualification by match 4 so we can put out reserve teams for final two games.

Bournemouth and Brentford away are very tricky games to have straight after Thursday matches so ideally we'd have opportunity to rest 3-4 key players.

Who knows how far we can get in league cup, always demands on the draw. And playing Olsen.

UE is smart so he'll be rotating astutely you'd imagine. There is next to no chance Ollie is just starting Sunday-Thursday-Sunday endlessly so I think that's our most interesting question of how our attack looks without him on occasions.

They'll be a decent amount of rotation in the backline aswell.

Schedule is probably not that much different to the crammed in Covid schedule three years ago when had to play endless fixtures in six month period.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

Current fixtures, assuming progress in UECL, with rest days. December is rough.

83e06f59b360714722211dfd7d7f8edc.png

Why not put 1 or 2 of the December games in the other months? Or are those two week gaps all for international breaks?

Edited by MrBlack

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Why not put 1 or 2 of the December games in the other months? Or are those two week gaps all for international breaks?

Yeah they'd be international breaks.

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

Plus, a game could be added to that December list if we progress through the rounds of the Lge Cup too, Unless one of the PL fixtures could be rescheduled if it were to clash?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Plus, a game could be added to that December list if we progress through the rounds of the Lge Cup too

Yes, OP covers that.

57 minutes ago, BOF said:

I’m assuming there’s some rearranging to be done by TV schedules, the PL and potentially the UECL too? So some might get better, others worse?

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I’m assuming there’s some rearranging to be done by TV schedules, the PL and potentially the UECL too? So some might get better, others worse?

UECL won't re-schedule. PL will obviously move a day or 2 here or there, as Sky etc pick their matches. But the above will be give or take what we have in store for us. With possible League Cup matches added. Average gap time is currently a match every 5.3 days. It gets worse in 2024.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

UECL won't re-schedule. PL will obviously move a day or 2 here or there, as Sky etc pick their matches. But the above will be give or take what we have in store for us. With possible League Cup matches added. Average gap time is currently a match every 5.3 days. It gets worse in 2024.

Oh blimey, as you say FA Cup will be early next year, plus some LC games if we progress 😬 looking busy.

I love the sound of more villa games for us fans to watch, but it is a worry for the squad to try and not get burned out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think from December the Man. City game will likely go on the Thursday evening given Amazon spread it out now between Tuesday-Thursday and we won't be able to play Tuesday if we make europa groups.

Then Arsenal goes to Sunday as has feel of the half 4 match that weekend.

I don't think there's a NYD round this year (although perhaps some of the 30th December fixtures might get moved to the Monday) and then there's winter break in January so that's why December is stacked with games every three days which will be very testing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

That's ignoring the International breaks too. During club football it's like 3.5

Edited by MotoMkali

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh blimey, as you say FA Cup will be early next year, plus some LC games if we progress 😬 looking busy.

I love the sound of more villa games for us fans to watch, but it is a worry for the squad to try and not get burned out. 

I think Unai has great experience in this field. By Christmas we could have a majority of our squad starting at least 10 games. I mean players like Dendoncker, Carlos, Chambers and Coutinho who are far from first choice players

• Like 1

Â