Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

29 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

He's had about 10 games to get firing. Our job as a team isnt to placate players to get them back into form, they need to do it themselves. We have to pick players who are going to make a difference. Atm, he is not that.

Ha ha, it’s obviously not our (I.e. fans’)“job” to get him back into form. Don’t even know what that means.

But it is the head coach’s job and when I read posts like this I thank the Lord it is Unai Emery in charge and not people on VillaTalk.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Ha ha, it’s obviously not our (I.e. fans’)“job” to get him back into form. Don’t even know what that means.

But it is the head coach’s job and when I read posts like this I thank the Lord it is Unai Emery in charge and not people in VillaTalk.

I obviously wasnt referring to the fans. "Our job as a team" means the players and coaching staff. You know, the team.

It's a head coaches job to get results. But he cant control what a player does when he goes onto the pitch. Sooner or later, a player has to start playing well and he can only do that himself.

1 minute ago, beasley14 said:

As in he's likely to get minutes then and some of today's players will be rested. 

But you don't want him anywhere near the 1st team 💁‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I obviously wasnt referring to the fans. "Our job as a team" means the players and coaching staff. You know, the team.

It's a head coaches job to get results. But he cant control what a player does when he goes onto the pitch. Sooner or later, a player has to start playing well and he can only do that himself.

Think you will find that is not the approach Emery takes. Sounds more like Gerrard.

Made a decent chance for himself and it was well saved. It's going to take time for him to settle. It's big move adapting to a new team and a new country but he has the talent to shine, once he's settled. 

• Like 4

Hats off to this man! Never seen a turn around in a player like this, he’s an improved version of what we originally signed! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

7 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

I didn't say that?!

You said you only want him playing if we're winning comfortably, so that means he doesn't start in your eyes, hey I just found it odd how you would get his form back by the way you suggested. In my eyes you play through it either starting or coming off the bench, Emery stuck with Bailey & look at him now, here is to a front 3 of Diaby Watkins & Bailey all on 🔥

13 minutes ago, Rossi said:

Hats off to this man! Never seen a turn around in a player like this, he’s an improved version of what we originally signed! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Wrong thread I meant Bailey lol…. Diaby will be fine tho 🙂

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rossi said:

Wrong thread I meant Bailey lol…. Diaby will be fine tho 🙂

I had to do a double take and check if I was in the right thread after reading your initial post.

Started wondering if I was being harsh on Moussa even though that's wasn't the aim 😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Frodo said:

You said you only want him playing if we're winning comfortably, so that means he doesn't start in your eyes, hey I just found it odd how you would get his form back by the way you suggested. In my eyes you play through it either starting or coming off the bench, Emery stuck with Bailey & look at him now, here is to a front 3 of Diaby Watkins & Bailey all on 🔥

I think you've got mixed up quoting people, that wasn't me you were having that conversation with.

2 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

I think you've got mixed up quoting people, that wasn't me you were having that conversation with.

Oops do apologise 😬 

Just now, Frodo said:

Oops do apologise 😬 

No problem.  My point was mostly addressing yours about giving him minutes to regain form.  We have a game Weds where he's likely to start.

I genuinely thought he looked good today and was let down by poor finishing or passing a couple of times by his team mates. Very hard to really shine at 5-0 when your team mates are in game management mode

Edited by Rodders

Â