Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Replace Newcastle with Leverkusen, leverkusen are using the media to leak stories and inflate the price as it benefits them

This conspiracy theory that the PIF and Newcastle are playing us because they think we're a threat is a complete load of bollocks (not that we're a threat, the idea that they've got that much about them)

We are a threat, thats the point, a real threat to the top 6.....and conspiracy theories are what they are, food for thought, thats all.....take 'em or leave 'em.

I am not professing to know, whats going on with this proposed transfer....just second guessing like all of us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

We are a threat, thats the point.....and conspiracy theories are what they are, food for thought, thats all.....take 'em or leave 'em.

We are a threat

Diaby walks in to Newcastles team but you think the best way for the PIF and the saudis to ensure they stay above us is to send him to play over there? While Newcastle buy Barnes who isn't as good?

And the level of organisation that would take... They're tracking who we are scouting and trying to buy, who Brighton and Liverpool buy, no doubt who spurs buy (but obviously not arsenal) and their plan is to buy all of those players? Or its just villa they see as threat and try and spoil our summer? Or its just a big load of bollocks

Same as man City bought Barry, milner, delph and grealish because Abu Dhabi wanted to keep us in our place...

Its **** daft

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

So... the Premier League ruined the sport initially?

While there are certainly legitimate claims that the Premier League has ruined / is ruining the sport, the Saudi League is doing so in a completely different way.

And I'm not just saying that as a fan of a PL team - the parallels with a richer league paying bigger fees and salaries than anyone else can are there for sure, regardless of any arguments about that being justified in England due to history, attendances, ingrained football culture.

That's not the main problem with the Saudi league though; let them go and sign some expensive players all they want. The problem is, which wasn't the case with the PL, that this league has the freedom, the wealth, and the will to influence other leagues and benefit certain teams within those league in a way that circumvents the current rules of said leagues and provides unfair advantage.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are a threat, thats the point, a real threat to the top 6.....and conspiracy theories are what they are, food for thought, thats all.....take 'em or leave 'em.

I am not professing to know, whats going on with this proposed transfer....just second guessing like all of us.

Just to fuel the fire, I did find this snippet from The Express 

' According to CBS Sports, Al-Nassr have made a 'lucrative' proposal to Onana. United are now under pressure to conclude talks with Inter over the signing of the 27-year-old.'

• Thanks 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Just to fuel the fire, I did find this snippet from The Express 

' According to CBS Sports, Al-Nassr have made a 'lucrative' proposal to Onana. United are now under pressure to conclude talks with Inter over the signing of the 27-year-old.'

I wonder how many selling clubs are using Al-Nassr to force up prices in their negotiations ?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We are a threat

Diaby walks in to Newcastles team but you think the best way for the PIF and the saudis to ensure they stay above us is to send him to play over there? While Newcastle buy Barnes who isn't as good?

And the level of organisation that would take... They're tracking who we are scouting and trying to buy, who Brighton and Liverpool buy, no doubt who spurs buy (but obviously not arsenal) and their plan is to buy all of those players? Or its just villa they see as threat and try and spoil our summer? Or its just a big load of bollocks

Same as man City bought Barry, milner, delph and grealish because Abu Dhabi wanted to keep us in our place...

Its **** daft

Perhaps it’s not the only reason for their pursuit of some of our players but I wouldn’t dismiss it as a factor out of hand. The boot may be on the other foot before long. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We are a threat

Its **** daft

Could be....but your dismissal of it, could be too....so don't take things so literally....they may genuinely want a winger, but see this as a chess move, rule it out, by all means.... I think the Torres and Tielemans move on top of last seasons remarkable finish, has alerted some interest in us from competitiors.....that isn't so much Bollox. imo

Some say, Man city's flirtation in to the Rice deal, was manufactured too, it happens......Souness mooted once, it happens all the time.

Hindsight is an exact science.....so you may have your opportunity to say its Horlicks....in the mean time its a forum, and we are all having a bit of speculation, for fun.....while the negotiating goes on.

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Perhaps it’s not the only reason for their pursuit of some of our players but I wouldn’t dismiss it as a factor out of hand. The boot may be on the other foot before long. 

I think the infrastructure you'd need to have in place to make that a thing would be nuts, they'd need a Saudi war room type thing with a couple of monchis and they haven't, it would take some proper chess players to make all of that fall in to place and it wouldn't just be us they targeted

Instead I think it's just the simpler answer of the selling club and linking him to a club with more money in order to inflate his value or his agent is doing it to try and inflate his wages or speed the deal up, something we've seen since roman bought Chelsea

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d agree though that it makes no sense not to help  Newcastle as far as Pif are concerned. Then again they are Newcastle constantly deluded and serial under achievers whereas we are the mighty Villa who can never be under it over estimated. By ourselves or anyone else !

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We are a threat

Its **** daft

I'm guessing your not a flat earther then 🤔🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the infrastructure you'd need to have in place to make that a thing would be nuts, they'd need a Saudi war room type thing with a couple of monchis and they haven't, it would take some proper chess players to make all of that fall in to place and it wouldn't just be us they targeted

Instead I think it's just the simpler answer of the selling club and linking him to a club with more money in order to inflate his value or his agent is doing it to try and inflate his wages or speed the deal up, something we've seen since roman bought Chelsea

Your theory, could be right too.

I just ( for my sins) have an eerie suspicion, that the link between The Saudi PIF Fund which my source tells me is $ 700 billion dollars, Newcastle who are desperate to upset the top6 applecart, along with us...are sufficient to inflate some of the summer deals in the Prem.....with that kind of resource, "boys can be boys"

Now that could be pie in the sky, and I could be accused of watching too many movies.....but that is my doubting nature of the motives of these wealth funds, with this fascination with the Premier League, and the predatory nature, of some that want a part of it.

They thought LIV was a conspiracy theory, in its infancy...look how that ended.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We are a threat

Its **** daft

Possibly the level of organisation that only a state can achieve?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

No, a state wouldn't have that kind of knowledge, that's what I mean, you would need some proper football heads in charge of it all to make that a thing, emenalo started today, if he'd been there a year and put a proper team in place then maybe

And again they're linked to 1 player that we're also linked to, they weren't linked to tielemans or torres, they weren't linked to maddison when spurs bought him, they weren't linked to the couple of players Brighton bought, they weren't linked to the players Liverpool bought, man utd bought, arsenal bought... So it's only villa they've identified as a threat? And it's only Diaby?

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I'm not sure it would take all that much organisation anyway. Just a couple of agents that like to share their deals with anyone that will offer them more money. 

The second the scummy agents realise they can get more money flogging their players to a Saudi team they'll absolutely start sharing information with them.

Then it just needs said billionaires to send an offer the agents way, before then sending an offer to said club from whichever of the 4 clubs they own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not sure it would take all that much organisation anyway. Just a couple of agents that like to share their deals with anyone that will offer them more money. 

The second the scummy agents realise they can get more money flogging their players to a Saudi team they'll absolutely start sharing information with them.

Then it just needs said billionaires to send an offer the agents way, before then sending an offer to said club from whichever of the 4 clubs they own.

That is exactly what I think is happening

Its not a planned out effort by the saudis to stop Aston villa

Its leverkusen or diabys agent trying to squeeze us

We are trying to take Leverkusen's best player for the second time in 3 years. A team that has been playing regular European football. We are able to do this despite only now celebrating our first top half finish since Obama's first term in office. Now we (supposedly) face competition from a Saudi club, and they're the ones ruining football? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

China have unlimited wealth and massive influence over the PL like the saudis do?

When did the chinese nation own a PL club?

Apparently West Brom are actually owned by the Chinese government but they are no longer interested in investing in football 😅

• Haha 1

Â