joshharris12

I remember him. He played against the against us in the Fa Youth cup semi final when we won the tournament.

He was supposed to be their best player but he didn't stand out as much.

He also played alongside Iroegbunam..

Maybe he is a project or an asset that we can improve and sell in the future..

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

You'd imagine he'll be there to fill a spot in our u21 squad and maybe get a fee for down the line, like Azaz etc. 

I think I know what you mean, but Azaz is very much not the example you're looking for here, since IIRC he's never played once for any of our youth teams. 

• Like 1

Richards might not ever play for us, but he's more highly rated than Azaz was as an academy player, with Azaz I didn't really get that signing at all other than to maybe make a couple of hundred thousand for the academy, whereas Richards has been someone I've been wondering that we might go for for a while, as has always been one of the best in Albion's academy, and a highly rated player in general; If he stays with us first half of the season I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he gets some minutes with the first team should we get a favorable draw in one of the cups or maybe even get some game time in the Conference League, the idea of Tommi O'Reilly getting some game time with our first team doesn't sound all that surprising, and Richards is probably just as highly rated, if not more so, and the same age.

Albion 'released' him, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more a case of him telling them that he wasn't going to sign a new deal with them as he knew he had an offer from us, as didn't really make much sense for them to let him go, especially in their current predicament.

• 3 weeks later...

I would think he has good potential and also fills a hole in the under 21 squad so that we can consistently put out an XI of players in their correct positions. I wouldn't expect to see him in the starting line up or loaned out. Hopefully he can really impress the coaches though and then get a loan out to a lower league club in January.

Maybe I'm projecting how I manage my youth teams in FM 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He was in the same England U16 team as Barry, Aaron Ramsey, Bellingham, and Musiala, at that time he was very highly rated, I remember it was a big deal for West Brom that he signed scholarship terms and the professional contract with them, as no doubt there would have been interest from elswhere, and probably from us, he's since been pretty good for their U21s from what I can gather, but because of small frame found first team chances hard to come by, and probably why he hasn't had a loan until now, for our U21s after a slow start in his first few games he's been pretty good, works hard, and has good skill and vision, and an eye for goal, usually plays on the right cutting onto his left, but can also play as a No.10, which is where he mostly playd for West Brom, and can also play on the left.

• Thanks 1

Â