Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

anyone else got vibes of last season where liverpool beat bournemouth 9-0 and salah blanked?

edit: it's even worse than that. off at half time for a 1 pointer.

Edited by tomav84

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

anyone else got vibes of last season where liverpool beat bournemouth 9-0 and salah blanked?

Well Haaland is off at half time😁

23 minutes ago, a-k said:

At the last minute, almost switched the armband to Salah and swapped Archer for Dougie. Didn't have the balls to do it.

archer was dropped last week, benching him was a no brainer. same as captaining haaland at home to bournemouth. you'd have been daft to have done either of the things you mentioned. just one of them things

Edited by tomav84

was pretty much a coin toss for me between flekken and johnstone...went with the latter who got me 9 points whereas flekken went off at half time for a zero. such marginal calls give huge swings sometimes

23 hours ago, tomav84 said:

archer was dropped last week, benching him was a no brainer. same as captaining haaland at home to bournemouth. you'd have been daft to have done either of the things you mentioned. just one of them things

Not picking on you, but people throw no brainer around a bit too freely. Dropping Archer wasn't a no brainer home to Wolves and I say that as someone who almost started him but chickened out.

Its been a terrible gameweek, all the usual stars have failed! I transferred alvarez out of my team for nketiah but obviously had him for the bournemouth game and both him and haaland were obviously not at the races in their time on the pitch and watkins didnt do anything either, same for diaby. Im gonna captain nketiah v burnley next week and then transfer JWP for Kudus. Then will leave ollie in for the game v fulham but might switch him out to Darwin Nunez as we have some tough games coming up. Will probably end up getting him back in at some point tho

On 30/10/2023 at 07:55, a-k said:

Inside the top 1.5k overall. In hindsight could be even higher but will ride this wave until it comes crashing down.

On 30/10/2023 at 09:39, tomav84 said:

no reason why it will mate. besides it's better to have the points in the bag now than playing catch up

I'm on 19 with 2 to play...absolute shocker but somehow still in the top 5k overall

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

19 points with Son and a likely injured Udogie to play.

Got Archer on the bench but only 3 defenders started so he won't even get subbed on 😭

Exactly the same as me. Literally :) 

Except I took a -4 so I'm really on 15

29 minutes ago, a-k said:

Maddison injured and 1 pointer

Van de Ven injured and 1 pointer

tumblr_p6da5tvmq71vbcnq8o1_500.gif

i was actually looking at moving off a couple of spurs players to arsenal anyway...maddison to martinelli was one i was considering so the injury might confirm that choice

edit: and udogie to saliba was my other potential transfer which is now a definite!

Edited by tomav84

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i was actually looking at moving off a couple of spurs players to arsenal anyway...maddison to martinelli was one i was considering so the injury might confirm that choice

I was planning to roll my FT and wait until after the int'l break to get rid of both VdV and Udogie. Maddison was also a query to be transferred out soon. Will need to see how the dust settles before rejigging my plan. Doesn't help that Cash is flagged and another DEF is also out.

Edited by a-k

4 minutes ago, a-k said:

I was planning to roll my FT and wait until after the int'l break to get rid of both VdV and Udogie. Maddison was also a query to be transferred out soon. Will need to see how the dust settles before rejigging my plan. Doesn't help that Cash is flagged and another DEF is also out.

cash probably needs moving out after fulham anyway as our fixtures turn for the worse

Â