Football Manager 2024

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Be interested to hear your thoughts once you've given it a proper go.  I've not played it in years either but this thread has peaked my interest.

Probably won't be this week, as Mrs Stewie is off work so no gaming for me 

I refused to believe this works. But it does. the question i now have is do I do this? I pride myself on not cheating in the game but it's well tempting here

44 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

assumed that at some stage, the deal would get cancelled, but goes through. this is city's best player.

image.thumb.png.15cf0765b26f4db679d74ab93f1f5f70.png

That's some contract! How was the transfer fee so low though? Contract expired?

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

That's some contract! How was the transfer fee so low though? Contract expired?

Never mind, just seen the thing about the glitch!

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Never mind, just seen the thing about the glitch!

yeah i closed game without saving. might as well just use the editor if you're going to cheat. just such an odd glitch!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah i closed game without saving. might as well just use the editor if you're going to cheat. just such an odd glitch!

Yeah I remember something similar on a previous version. Like you say though no fun using it, would ruin the save for me.

I got a bit bored of my Villa save once I'd won the big 2 trophies. Going for the long slog of the San Marino challenge now 🙈 I have started it a couple of times on previous FMs but never really got further than about 10 seasons. Hoping to see it through this time and the ability to carry on with the same save file in FM25 should help if needed.

On previous attempts I went with Victor San Marino playing in the Italian leagues but this time I've decided to play in the Sammarinese division with Fiorentino. Hoping to improve the league as a whole as well as the national team.

Got off to a really good start so far as I won the league in season 1 and actually managed to win some European matches and get into the Europa Conference League! That gave us £2.5M which is huge for a semi-pro team. Managed to really improve the team in season 2 with lots of quality free transfers and loans, so much so that it's actually unreal. I have Pierluigi Gollini in goal for example on about £500 per week 😂 I guess we got a huge rep boost from Europe. Already wrapped up the league in S2 and looking ahead to Europe, actually think we have a chance of Champions League or Europa league this time with a kind draw 🤞

The national team is really bad at the start and the only matches we've won were handpicked friendlies. Did manage a decent draw v Lithuania in WC qualifying too. Going to be a while to see much progress though.

44 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I got a bit bored of my Villa save once I'd won the big 2 trophies. Going for the long slog of the San Marino challenge now 🙈 I have started it a couple of times on previous FMs but never really got further than about 10 seasons. Hoping to see it through this time and the ability to carry on with the same save file in FM25 should help if needed.

On previous attempts I went with Victor San Marino playing in the Italian leagues but this time I've decided to play in the Sammarinese division with Fiorentino. Hoping to improve the league as a whole as well as the national team.

Got off to a really good start so far as I won the league in season 1 and actually managed to win some European matches and get into the Europa Conference League! That gave us £2.5M which is huge for a semi-pro team. Managed to really improve the team in season 2 with lots of quality free transfers and loans, so much so that it's actually unreal. I have Pierluigi Gollini in goal for example on about £500 per week 😂 I guess we got a huge rep boost from Europe. Already wrapped up the league in S2 and looking ahead to Europe, actually think we have a chance of Champions League or Europa league this time with a kind draw 🤞

The national team is really bad at the start and the only matches we've won were handpicked friendlies. Did manage a decent draw v Lithuania in WC qualifying too. Going to be a while to see much progress though.

not a bad start! always curious to know how reputable these leagues can actually get

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

not a bad start! always curious to know how reputable these leagues can actually get

Second yellow card on YouTube has been very successful at these 'building a nation' type saves. He's trying to take the Maltese league to the top of the rankings/coefficients this year.

Edited by villan95

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Second yellow card on YouTube has been very successful at these 'building a nation' type saves. He's trying to take the Maltese league to the top of the rankings/coefficients this year.

I enjoy his saves of that manner, get a loan farm going when you have the funds! 

• Like 1

Just downloaded it and haven't played in the best part of a decade. A little overwhelmed with all of the options for absolutely everything

Thinking of starting in non league and learning the game rather than being thrown straight in with Villa

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Just downloaded it and haven't played in the best part of a decade. A little overwhelmed with all of the options for absolutely everything

Thinking of starting in non league and learning the game rather than being thrown straight in with Villa

If you do find it a bit overwhelming I would recommend checking staff responsibilities and just delegating anything you don't want to do. For example I don't bother taking press conferences or friendlies.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2024 at 07:17, tomav84 said:

I refused to believe this works. But it does. the question i now have is do I do this? I pride myself on not cheating in the game but it's well tempting here

You can remove the percentage of next sale and add selling team pays 50% of the salary and it still works. 

• Haha 1

Â