Football Manager 2024

Villaphan04

everton got taken over early on in my save. 4th season, they're about to comfortably win the league having spent over 200m each season. funny how bad newcastle seem to be. keep changing managers and never do better than mid table

this happened to anyone else?

10 hours ago, tomav84 said:

funny how bad newcastle seem to be. keep changing managers and never do better than mid table

this happened to anyone else?

Yep, multiple saves now too, spend a lot of money, big name managers, do absolutely nothing 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, multiple saves now too, spend a lot of money, big name managers, do absolutely nothing 

They've finished 8th in both the first 2 seasons on my current save. Currently managed by Didier Deschamps.

• Like 1

Decided on a Reading save. The squad feels completely unbalanced (and based on what is going on there, understandable). Did tweak some of the players and potentials (as I usually do)

On 15/01/2024 at 22:07, villan95 said:

Looks like I'm getting a new stadium

stadium.png

what year is that?

i just won the league! 5th season

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what year is that?

i just won the league! 5th season

That was just at the end of season 2, I haven't made much progress recently.

Ah nice what's your team looking like?

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

That was just at the end of season 2, I haven't made much progress recently.

Ah nice what's your team looking like?

just got the new stadium message myself funnily enough

fairly unrecognisable i'd say. kamara is the only remaining first team regular. ollie and konsa about to leave on free transfers. signed zaniolo at the end of first season so guess technically he's still around and playing regularly.

kessler-hayden and JJ are still around mainly for the home grown quota but the real surprise has been kerr smith who's a first team regular for me now

from the below, the real bargains were tenas in goal (10m) and gulliksen (8.5m). good strikers seem to be the hardest to find. i tend to rotate wahl (75m) and Gyökeres (50m). oh and make sure you trigger the 42m relegation release for alex scott if bournemouth ever get relegated. he's class

image.thumb.png.b8a7c8bfa18389e53ab6cfe8950217f1.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

just got the new stadium message myself funnily enough

fairly unrecognisable i'd say. kamara is the only remaining first team regular. ollie and konsa about to leave on free transfers. signed zaniolo at the end of first season so guess technically he's still around and playing regularly.

kessler-hayden and JJ are still around mainly for the home grown quota but the real surprise has been kerr smith who's a first team regular for me now

from the below, the real bargains were tenas in goal (10m) and gulliksen (8.5m). good strikers seem to be the hardest to find. i tend to rotate wahl (75m) and Gyökeres (50m). oh and make sure you trigger the 42m relegation release for alex scott if bournemouth ever get relegated. he's class

image.thumb.png.b8a7c8bfa18389e53ab6cfe8950217f1.png

Funnily enough I signed Doig myself for S3! Seemed really good value with the £13.5M release clause. How's Elye Wahi done for you? I've looked at him but he seems too expensive.

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Funnily enough I signed Doig myself for S3! Seemed really good value with the £13.5M release clause. How's Elye Wahi done for you? I've looked at him but he seems too expensive.

yeah cost me an arm and a leg (75m + 20m add ons) but with ollie on the decline and not much else about he really was the only option i had. 19 goals in all comps in his first season so not bad at all bearing in mind he's being rotated

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

yeah cost me an arm and a leg (75m + 20m add ons) but with ollie on the decline and not much else about he really was the only option i had. 19 goals in all comps in his first season so not bad at all bearing in mind he's being rotated

Oof that is a lot, although he does look very good. Think I'll just go with Watkins and Sesko for another season. I do have Popovic too who has potential but not quite ready yet.

Will be interested to see if Rory Wilson makes it into my squad eventually. Him along with Smith and Kellyman probably have the best chance from the real life youngsters.

7 hours ago, villan95 said:

Oof that is a lot, although he does look very good. Think I'll just go with Watkins and Sesko for another season. I do have Popovic too who has potential but not quite ready yet.

Will be interested to see if Rory Wilson makes it into my squad eventually. Him along with Smith and Kellyman probably have the best chance from the real life youngsters.

neither wilson nor kellyman made it for me but the potential abilities aren't always the same each time you start a new game so you might get lucky!

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

neither wilson nor kellyman made it for me but the potential abilities aren't always the same each time you start a new game so you might get lucky!

Yeah it's a lottery but those 3 are looking like they have a chance for me. Always good to have more homegrown at club players.

Just played through a bit more of the transfer window. My squad is looking like this now:

Martinez, Seimen, Sinisalo

Kalulu, Hector Fort, Konsa, Diomande, Torres, Mings, Simic, Moreno, Doig, Digne

Kamara, João Neves, Tielemans, Luiz, Geertruida, Gourna-Douath

Bailey, Roony, Diaby, Messi, Zaniolo, McGinn, Ramsey

Watkins, Sesko, David, Popovic

Looking to move Digne on as he enters the last year of his contract and the midfield is looking a little bloated so can hopefully move 1 on there too. Reluctant to sell players that I like IRL though 😅

i feel this is something that's been a problem for a a number of versions of FM and never been fixed. top of the table clash played on saturday at 3pm. not in a month of sundays is this game not on TV in real life.

it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it does take away an element of realism

image.thumb.png.dfbecaadbbf915b270da56e887f2571b.png

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

got some money to spend having sold a load of aging players that are past their best but just struggling to find players that will improve my squad. clubs not entertaining offers for their top players.

image.png.870bc83843507114fdefd3030091f4f6.png

in other news, the year is 2033 and blues have finally made it back to the PL. shame they're doing their best to break derby's record

image.png.df49843ba5de67a637b3af2ad93acc4a.png

Went for a different route on this years game so decided to manage in Brazil and Red Bull Bragantino was going to be my long term save for FM24. Genuinely been a bit difficult at times but in 2029 now and pretty certain I'm setup ready to properly dominate. £220m in the balance and loads of transfer/wage budget. Just trying to keep my players who definitely shouldn't be in Brazil from wanting to go to Europe :lol:.

wo0HW44.pngPjrqKG9.png
NXPiyDm.png

The Copa Libertadores still eluding me. Lost the final in consecutive years so haven't cracked that one yet. 

Spoiler

IZ7Cscz.png

IiCb0gs.png

The 2 superstars of my team. Could quite easily be playing for the top clubs in Europe but I'm just going to try and keep them here for as long as I can. 

6 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Picked the console edition for PS5 the other day, haven't played FM properly in about 10 years - won't be the same on console, but life getting in the way means I just dont have the time to play on laptop anymore 

Be interested to hear your thoughts once you've given it a proper go.  I've not played it in years either but this thread has peaked my interest.

The console version is good, it's pretty much the touch version without the touch screen so there's no FFP, the training isn't as in depth, theres no real player happiness and conversations (moaning...) apart from the buy in feature they added this year

The controls take some getting used to but it's a more relaxed way of playing, for me personally I let my assistant manager run all the training anyway so I don't need that side of it 

The only real big missing thing imo is the editor 

It's got unlock ables on it too such as everyone is interested and golden generation which I use for villa because in 20 years of playing FM I've never once had a good regen come through (GG is unlocked by winning the league with I think 4 youth team players picking up a medal, I used salzburg which is an interesting save in it's own right, got some great youth and piss the league but need work to get them competing in the CL) 

Edited by villa4europe

Â