Football Manager 2024

Villaphan04

My Emery inspired 4-4-2 seems to have stopped working in the 2nd season so may have to abandon it.

I can't decide if it works better with CM's or DM's. Also I can't seem to get the wingers to tuck in enough the same way Villa create that narrow 4 despite trying inverted wingers and wide playmakers. Maybe FM needs to look at introducing the McGinn role for FM25 😅

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What wage have you put him on? 

I got him ridiculously low 

Bad news is the transfer didn't work out for me... 

£190K PW 😬

He scored what turned out to be the winner on his full debut so not a bad start

12 minutes ago, villan95 said:

£190K PW 😬

He scored what turned out to be the winner on his full debut so not a bad start

Seriously I had him down on £5k a week or something like that, it was almost like a glitch

Edit - wasn't my villa save it my salzburg save, I had Messi on £5k and de gea on £3k a week, de gea was a great signing but Messi didn't work out 

Edited by villa4europe

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Seriously I had him down on £5k a week or something like that, it was almost like a glitch

Edit - wasn't my villa save it my salzburg save, I had Messi on £5k and de gea on £3k a week, de gea was a great signing but Messi didn't work out 

Oh really?! Had they both been free agents for a long time when you got them or something?

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Oh really?! Had they both been free agents for a long time when you got them or something?

De gea is a free at the start and I got him day 1 with no scouting 

Tried a kaiserlautern save (but it crashed about 3 games in and I've not gone back) and he wanted £25k a week which I couldn't afford 

Messi I can't remember, I paid something like £600k for him, they transfer listed him 

• Like 1

just had my first saudi team annoyance...offered me 30m for ollie, i rejected, ollie got the hump when i said i wasn't going to pay him 400k a week.

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

just had my first saudi team annoyance...offered me 30m for ollie, i rejected, ollie got the hump when i said i wasn't going to pay him 400k a week.

Yeah they are a pain. I just usually agree a price with the player that I'd be willing to sell for and it rarely gets met.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Yeah they are a pain. I just usually agree a price with the player that I'd be willing to sell for and it rarely gets met.

they did give me 40m for cash though so not all bad

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

they did give me 40m for cash though so not all bad

Ah nice, think i got 35 for Cash. I've managed to get rid of all the players I don't want for good money except Coutinho.

23 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Ah nice, think i got 35 for Cash. I've managed to get rid of all the players I don't want for good money except Coutinho.

yeah seem to get good money for most. 50m inc add ons for bailey from newcastle and west ham gave me 17m for chambers!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

a tough first season, pretty happy with a 5th placed finish. mings and buendia both fully fit with half a dozen games remaining which i consider to be very unrealistic.

in other news, palace sacked roy and replaced him with unai but even he couldn't keep them up. newcastle replaced howe with conte and they still only finished 12th. arsenal replaced arteta with zidane and still only managed 8th. it's a tough old league

oh and leicester want to buy ollie in the summer...lol

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

I'm year 5 with villa

Newcastle spend a load, do nothing, sack the manager more or less every season, think they've got nagelsmann in now, they've had a couple of CL place buts that's more on the basis of 4th and 5th chopping and changing 

Mid table Liverpool sacked klopp in year 4, not a clue who manages utd as they come and go, spurs are mid table, Chelsea are OK, Brighton are a nothing team, arsenal and city are awesome - my record vs arsenal is dreadful but my record vs city is decent 

Id love to know what year pep retires

Promoted teams comes and go, usual suspects Leicester, Norwich, baggies, I'm sure Millwall had a year in there

Potter replaced euro28 winning Southgate, the 26 world cup final was something weird like Mexico vs Austria or Switzerland 

• Like 1

I’ve been doing a save with Tamworth. Back to back promotions all the way to the Prem. Won the title after my 4th season and with a wage budget of £1m pw. The big issue is we’re still playing at a 6k capacity Lamb Ground and because only one stand has seats, only away fans attend our home Premier League matches. 

The season we won the league, we were 2 points behind Man City, who we were playing at home on the final match of the season. We win 3-1 and our players are parading the title around in front of the City fans doing cartwheels. Actually laughed out loud for the elite level of sh*thousing from our players. 

We strangely play our European matches at Villa Park, presumably to meet the rules and regulations but are moving into a 26k seater stadium at the end of the season. 

IMG_6276.jpeg

• Like 4

I accidentally holidayed past the CL squad registration for the knockouts and my assistant manager decided to unregister Kamara leaving me with no proper DM. My own fault but still 😑

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

I accidentally holidayed past the CL squad registration for the knockouts and my assistant manager decided to unregister Kamara leaving me with no proper DM. My own fault but still 😑

do you use holidays a lot? the only time i ever do it is during the club world championship because i can never be arsed with that or if i ever get an international job i holiday through the qualifiers.

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

do you use holidays a lot? the only time i ever do it is during the club world championship because i can never be arsed with that or if i ever get an international job i holiday through the qualifiers.

I actually never used to at all until fairly recently. But now I often holiday between matches just because I can't be bothered to keep pressing continue lol. It has got me in a few situations like when a player is 'developing concerns' and I miss the chance to talk to them. But overall it just makes the game that bit quicker which I like.

• Like 1

I dont holiday but I do sim all the preseason friendlies and then because I've now found myself playing this in bed as the clock creeps to midnight and I've got 3 or 4 dead rubbers to go ill skip all of them and go straight in to the fun of the summer and the transfer market, if I've been battered in the first leg of the cup I'll sim the 2nd leg 

• Like 1

Neymar's moved to Brentford on my save... (he moved there in season 2!) 

Also, I really wish they'd sort out the problem where, after every registration window, you get about eight 16 year olds with no prior 1st team experience, complaining about not being registered for European competition. It's so unrealistic.

Also, does anybody know if you can still get experienced 1st team players to take youngsters under their wing? I don't seem to be able to find the option anymore.

• Like 1

Â