Football Manager 2024

Villaphan04

14 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Neymar's moved to Brentford on my save... (he moved there in season 2!) 

Also, I really wish they'd sort out the problem where, after every registration window, you get about eight 16 year olds with no prior 1st team experience, complaining about not being registered for European competition. It's so unrealistic.

Also, does anybody know if you can still get experienced 1st team players to take youngsters under their wing? I don't seem to be able to find the option anymore.

It's done via mentoring groups now which you can set up in the training section.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Also, I really wish they'd sort out the problem where, after every registration window, you get about eight 16 year olds with no prior 1st team experience, complaining about not being registered for European competition. It's so unrealistic.

i've never seen this? i've had it when i've spent money on a wonderkid complaining they're not registered, but never some youth player

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i've never seen this? i've had it when i've spent money on a wonderkid complaining they're not registered, but never some youth player

I get it literally every single registration window and have done for several versions now. It's so annoying.

It's often young players I've purchased for the youth set-up, rather than the yearly academy intake. They're on youth contracts too (and squad status), so I can't figure out what's going on. I think the programmers have just overlooked something.

Yeah I had a couple of young prospects and a squad player I signed that were unhappy they weren't registered. Strangely though Kamara and Messi weren't bothered when they were left out 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, villan95 said:

It's done via mentoring groups now which you can set up in the training section.

i've never seen this before. created some groups last night, just got the assistant to do it. does it do much?

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i've never seen this before. created some groups last night, just got the assistant to do it. does it do much?

It can help if you want to make a young player more determined and improve their personality. So if your senior player has 'professional' and 17 determination but your 18 year old only has 'balanced' and 10 determination it can be beneficial to try and improve it to help them reach their potential. Players can also pick up traits like 'brings ball out of defence' so it's worth making sure they play similar positions in each mentoring group.

On the flip side if your senior players have worse personalities than your wonderkids then I definitely wouldn't bother. And no need to mentor someone if they are already 'driven' or 'professional' etc.

Edited by villan95
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, villan95 said:

Yeah I had a couple of young prospects and a squad player I signed that were unhappy they weren't registered. Strangely though Kamara and Messi weren't bothered when they were left out 😂

I'm happy it's not only happening to me.

They need to sort it out. I currently have eight 16 year olds in the under 18s wanting to leave because I didn't register them for the Champions League.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I'm happy it's not only happening to me.

They need to sort it out. I currently have eight 16 year olds in the under 18s wanting to leave because I didn't register them for the Champions League.

The only thing I can think is that we've given them too high of a squad status?

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

The only thing I can think is that we've given them too high of a squad status?

They're all either set to 'Youngster' or 'Hot Prospect' on mine 

• Like 1

On 08/01/2024 at 07:59, villan95 said:

I actually never used to at all until fairly recently. But now I often holiday between matches just because I can't be bothered to keep pressing continue lol. It has got me in a few situations like when a player is 'developing concerns' and I miss the chance to talk to them. But overall it just makes the game that bit quicker which I like.

I set the time processor to instant, so the game continually goes until I stop it / get a inbox that needs attention. Find it very helpful

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I set the time processor to instant, so the game continually goes until I stop it / get a inbox that needs attention. Find it very helpful

Ooh I'll have to check that out 

8 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Ooh I'll have to check that out 

yeh, you can make it instant, 2/5/or 10 second intervals that the game automatically processes. When I changed to that a few years ago, saved a ton of time hitting continue.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, villan95 said:

We did it, and in style!

cl-winners.pngtrophy.png

2nd season, that's good going

i'm not doing great 2nd season. problem is that i've sold too many players mainly because i've had too many good offers for them so always seems to be  the way when you have a squad overhaul even if the players i've replaced them with are upgrades in most cases

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

2nd season, that's good going

i'm not doing great 2nd season. problem is that i've sold too many players mainly because i've had too many good offers for them so always seems to be  the way when you have a squad overhaul even if the players i've replaced them with are upgrades in most cases

Ah yeah, might just take a bit of time for the dynamics and team cohesion to click.

On 11/01/2024 at 09:13, villan95 said:

Ah yeah, might just take a bit of time for the dynamics and team cohesion to click.

do you still have ollie up front? he had a shocking 2nd season for me. just 10 league goals (plus seems totally incapable of scoring a penalty even though stats are good). finding an upgrade is tricky but i managed to get Viktor Gyökeres for 40m but had to pay him 200k a week to tempt him away from sporting. there just wasn't anyone else around that i could afford

sold emi this summer. that was a tough one and remains to be seen how that affects the squad (he was my captain) but my wage bill is just insane and i had arnau tenas from PSG sat on my bench who's just as good as emi (in the game, not real life, obviously)

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

do you still have ollie up front? he had a shocking 2nd season for me. just 10 league goals (plus seems totally incapable of scoring a penalty even though stats are good). finding an upgrade is tricky but i managed to get Viktor Gyökeres for 40m but had to pay him 200k a week to tempt him away from sporting. there just wasn't anyone else around that i could afford

sold emi this summer. that was a tough one and remains to be seen how that affects the squad (he was my captain) but my wage bill is just insane and i had arnau tenas from PSG sat on my bench who's just as good as emi (in the game, not real life, obviously)

I do but I signed Sesko to eventually replace him so have been rotating them. Ollie has scored a decent amount of goals but he does seem a bit streaky. Also watching him I noticed he loses the ball a bit too much and keeps running offside. I feel like FM could have been more generous with his dribbling and technique especially.

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I do but I signed Sesko to eventually replace him so have been rotating them. Ollie has scored a decent amount of goals but he does seem a bit streaky. Also watching him I noticed he loses the ball a bit too much and keeps running offside. I feel like FM could have been more generous with his dribbling and technique especially.

Oh and pace especially when you see it's lower than Pau Torres 😅

Â