Football Manager 2024

Villaphan04

SI have already released 'information' about FM 2024 (and 2025 but that will be it's own thread). 

FM24: THE LAST 20 YEARS REALISED, AND THE LAST OF ITS KIND

Football Manager 2024 will be the 20th game in Sports Interactive’s Football Manager series, and will be the last of its kind. 

It’s a love letter to football and the FM series as we know it. 

It’s the closing of this chapter of our history.

You can expect a host of improvements, big and small, both in new features and revamps to existing areas of the game. This is all thanks to ideas and feedback from within the studio, the world of football and contributions from our feature request forum.

The vast majority of the team at Sports Interactive are working on FM24, with the idea that it will inarguably be the most complete version of Football Manager to date.

The FM24 feature set was confirmed and fully designed earlier than previous releases, thanks to additional resource joining the studio, and huge improvements of various practices and workflows. We’re also due to be feature complete (when every feature design is implemented by the dev, art, and UI teams) earlier than before too. Crucially, this gives us more time to finesse the new features, fix known issues and catch any new ones that may crop up.

That doesn’t mean though that we’re going to announce those features significantly earlier as we want to get it all working first! 

However, as a sneak preview, I can share progress that’s been made towards one of the most requested features from our forums over the last 20 years – and that’s the ability to transfer saved games from one version of FM to the next.

From our data, we know that people play FM in a wide range of different ways. Many will play each version until the next one is released, while others may continue with previous iterations not wanting to give up on their save game. As the best "create your own story" game there is, this is both a blessing and a curse.

But, thanks to many years of hard work from across the studio, I’m delighted to announce you’ll be able to bring your FM23 career into FM24 across all platforms. This means, when you first launch Football Manager 2024, you'll be given the option to continue your FM23 story, picking up exactly where you left off - powered with the new features and revamps that FM24 will introduce. And it’s not only for this year’s version of the game that this feature will be active. It’s also the plan to bring saved games from FM24 into FM25, despite the big changes coming for FM25, which I’ll talk about more shortly.

This is especially good for those playing via Game Pass and Apple Arcade who, by subscribing to those platforms, would lose access to their career shortly after the new game is released. This has been unavoidable to date due to the expiry of our licenses which require us to remove titles from platforms upon conclusion. We’re still working out the finer details with the platform holders, but the idea is that you’ll be able to seamlessly move from FM23 to FM24 on those platforms and continue your save or start a new one.

This won’t be the only long-time requested feature update coming to FM24, and is one of many major tech projects we have been working on as a studio, which leads me nicely onto the final part of the blog…

The Future of Football Manager | Football Manager 2023

• Like 1

The ability to carry over your save seems utterly pointless to me, not sure who was asking for that, the whole point is starting a new game with the latest squads not the latest features

Will Post it here rather than 25 thread but it also desperately needs a new interface, it feels stale

I'll get it on the switch again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The ability to carry over your save seems utterly pointless to me, not sure who was asking for that, the whole point is starting a new game with the latest squads not the latest features

Will Post it here rather than 25 thread but it also desperately needs a new interface, it feels stale

I'll get it on the switch again

Other way round for me - which is why I'll happily skip 3 seasons of games and wait for a "more updated" version.

Squad updates are easily done on whichever version you're playing.

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Other way round for me - which is why I'll happily skip 3 seasons of games and wait for a "more updated" version.

Squad updates are easily done on whichever version you're playing.

I'm playing touch on switch so you can't update it yourself

For me the game is about scouting wonderkids so I always want the latest game to have the latest youngsters and then if say like now I'm in about year 6 of a Villa save if villa sign pau torres I'm going to want a new villa game (on my current save I only have martinez and kadan young from the starting squad)

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I'm playing touch on switch so you can't update it yourself

For me the game is about scouting wonderkids so I always want the latest game to have the latest youngsters and then if say like now I'm in about year 6 of a Villa save if villa sign pau torres I'm going to want a new villa game (on my current save I only have martinez and kadan young from the starting squad)

Newgens for me 😎

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Another very interesting feature… 

Big fan of this. I've always thought this is the way the winter transfer update should have worked with players arriving in January rather than being there at the start of the season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, villan95 said:

Big fan of this. I've always thought this is the way the winter transfer update should have worked with players arriving in January rather than being there at the start of the season.

think this is something that completely changes the way people play FM. 

• Like 1

Â