Football Manager 2024

Villaphan04

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

TBH, one of the things I usually do before starting a save is tweaking some of the PA of a plethora of youth players as I rarely see any actual (real-life) players go on to be actual superstars in the game. 

Yeah I used to be the same when I was playing the full version but touch doesn't have the editor

Decided to abandon the villa save and unlock golden generation

Started a new game with RB Salzburg as I scouted a lot of their players and often bought konate, I think to unlock golden generation you need to win the league with 4 home grown regens getting a medal so 32 league games, piece of piss, years ago I had a brilliant ajax save where the league was easy but trying to get a CL was the real challenge, I've got a bit of a disconnect with this ajax team now so didn't want to use them, added bit of a challenge that I'm targeting the national team job and making Austria a bit better too, also feels weird going back to 7 subs

The league is shit tbf, don't just win I smash everyone, perfect for regens cos I can play more or less anyone, first season pissed a league and cup double, got battered by utd and napoli in the CL but made the semi final of the EL where I got battered by liverpool

2nd season I got a lot of money, something like £40m, also then sold a couple of players, decided not to cling on to everyone but to get as much money as possible so been negotiating 50% uplifts on offers for my best players, forest bid £18m for konate and I got them up to £40m (he rejected them anyway) bought de gea (on £3.5k per week) barco, marcos Leonardo, Andre, khellven and Luis guilherme so I'm going to smash the league again, new CL format should be interesting

• Like 1

Started my save managing Unai's Real Union. Copying our Don style of play, positive, highline, double pivot etc. 3 games in, and 3 wins. winning by 5-4, 3-1, and 2-0 vs Vigo B (supposingly the favourite to winning the league). Scoring for fun but cant defend to save our lifes.

Although in the long run will be quite difficult, as there is a max of 18 players as Over the aged of 23, and most of my current players (all current squad as I made no transfer) are closer to 30s. There is basically no one in the U19 squad (i mean it as no playable players), so you cant really develop anyone below age of 23, just fingers crossed on good regen as I will need some of the next season.

but enjoyable so far

• Like 1

Finished my 2nd salzburg season, won the league and unlocked golden generation 

They're definitely interesting, gloukh and gourna douath are quality, theres 2 left backs there that man city tried to buy but I rejected the bids but 1 ended up in SA for £40m+, the Danish AMC went to PSG so I replaced him with Messi for £250k and a £400 a week contract which I'm pretty sure is the game being broken and they'll patch that out 😂 still got konate, also playing a lot of 2 wonder kids I bought nypan (?) a Norwegian kid and mora a Portuguese kid, both really good

So when I eventually do a Villa save again I am just going to raid them 

Speaking of villa they knocked me out of the CL QFs, they're flying, signed I think it's a Nigerian striker and not really much else

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

image.png.46d8299a6ee0edbe6a9b7542fd787dcc.png

Beginning to think this pre-season tour of China was a bad decision

pre season friendly results are always so unrealistic. in real life when a good team plays a shit team in pre season you never get results like this but the game treats them as if the team is going full pelt

i know in terms of things that need improving it's a little way down the list, but it is a bit silly

Champions! Even the injuries couldn't stop us

villa-fm24.png

Did nearly mess it up by not being able to beat any of Bournemouth, Brentford or Brighton towards the end of the season but got over the line with a 2-1 win at Fulham on the final day. Man City lost anyway making it a little more comfortable.

• Like 1

Managed to get £57M for Cash and Dendoncker despite them hardly playing. Also got a decent fee for Olsen. So far brought in a couple of wonderkids in Dennis Seimen and Roony Bardghji as well as making Zaniolo's move permanent. Just need cover/competition for Konsa, Kamara and Watkins now.

Diomande at CB 👍

I'm in my 4th year and with the golden generation unlocked so got a fair few regens coming through, squad without the regens is

Martinez

Kayode, scalvini, Diomande, Pau, barco, zinchenko

Kimmich, nypan, Ramsey, wirtz, koopmeiners

Diaby, Duranville, nusa, L. Martinez

I'm turning a profit each year too, doing the usual thing of signing 10 wonderkids each summer 1/2 year loan before selling them, got decent money for mcginn and Watkins, konsa went to newcastle for £70m while picking up koopmeiners and kimmich on a free

Won 2x league cup, ECL and a CL but I still can't beat man city in the PL, it's them, me and a very good arsenal team fighting it out, threw away a 12 point lead in March year 3, I was fuming 

• Like 1

On 23/12/2023 at 07:56, villa4europe said:

Diomande at CB 👍

I'm in my 4th year and with the golden generation unlocked so got a fair few regens coming through, squad without the regens is

Martinez

Kayode, scalvini, Diomande, Pau, barco, zinchenko

Kimmich, nypan, Ramsey, wirtz, koopmeiners

Diaby, Duranville, nusa, L. Martinez

I'm turning a profit each year too, doing the usual thing of signing 10 wonderkids each summer 1/2 year loan before selling them, got decent money for mcginn and Watkins, konsa went to newcastle for £70m while picking up koopmeiners and kimmich on a free

Won 2x league cup, ECL and a CL but I still can't beat man city in the PL, it's them, me and a very good arsenal team fighting it out, threw away a 12 point lead in March year 3, I was fuming 

Diomande looks a great CB but a bit too expensive, in my save anyway.

The point of my save was just to see if I could replicate Emery's tactics in the match engine but now I want to go on and win everything playing the Emery way 😅

Finished year 4 with villa, worst start to the season yet, end of November I was about 14 points off utd sat in about 8th...won the league, fortunately city had a bad start too, utd finished 6th so they properly dropped off

Then ended up with the treble! Beating arsenal in the Fa cup and Madrid in the CL

One of the new mechanics kicked in I think, Id bought lautaro martinez, he was OK, 16 league goals, he was my captain and had great leadership but his average performance was under 7, subbed him off a lot, he was "un engaged" and the leader in the dressing room with a lot of influence, I saw that as negative influence so I took a £40m hit on him and sold him 

Not sure if that mechanic actually does anything or just gave me the appearance of doing something and made me make a change 

I'm convinced that Martinez is a chancer though, on this and in real life, moment of madness signing him 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

More than I've paid for him before 

How much for scalvini? Or Portuguese duo silva and ignacio? Lukeba if he's still at leipzig

Would like to take a look at hota from ajax but he's silly money so never seen him be transfered on any save yet 

Just checked and Atalanta want well over £100M for Scalvini! Antonio Silva would be £48M up front so not much cheaper than Diomande. Inacio has already gone to Arsenal and Leipzig want over £100M for Lukeba. Hato from Ajax (I'm assuming that's who you meant?) Would actually be gettable but not sure I can justify spending £40M on a player that won't start yet 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

On mine Konsa and Torres are immense, then into 3rd season was able to bring in Bogarde as back up (I have 2 starting 11s)

I'm trying to play a tactic like Emery so I've mainly been using Konsa at RB as an inverted fullback.

Bogarde doesn't seem to have enough potential on mine so I'm selling him for around £12M I think it was.

Â