Football Manager 2024

Villaphan04

Started a kaiserlautern save as that's my German family's team

Promoted 1st season, the biggest problem with them is they've got a huge squad between the first team the 2nd team and the reserve team and by and large they're all shite and have no value, think between who I flogged and who was out of contract I dropped down to about 5 players post promotion 

2nd season my team is - 

De gea

Almany toure - rugani - bartra - spinazolla

Agoume - mhkytarian - fornals

Koume - lingard - jovic

Played 8 won 8 top of the league... Agoume is the only player I've paid for and he was £250k, wage bill is £300k per week, they're all on one year deals and I've got £0 left in the tank so it's a fun one 

• Like 1

Just got my Sammarinese team into the CL proper for the first time!

CL-playoff.png

Gonna be facing the likes of Man City, Barca and Inter 🙈

CL-fixtures.png

The money is going to be huge for us though

CL-money.png

Added to the last couple of seasons getting into the Conference League we're doing very well!

Balance.png

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How's darvich out of interest seeing him there

Id say him and their other wonderkid (lamal or yamal?) are the 2 biggest wonderkids on all my saves, seem the best youngsters on the game 

Can't say I'm too familiar with Darvich myself but he does look pretty good!

noah-darvich.png

Yamal is very good too but I kind of expected him to have developed a little more than this

yamal.png

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

Needed a new CB until the end of the season because mine is leaving in January and who should I see available on a free transfer..

Mings.png

There might have been better options than a 33 (soon to be 34) year old Mings but I had to do it 😆 and apart from losing some pace he still looks excellent!

• Like 1

Probably the most impressive win of the save so far in the final group game

porto-win.png

CL-league.png

Only ended up 1 result away from the knockout stages but very happy with that for the first CL campaign.

• Like 1

Lost in the CL qualifiers this season unfortunately but still managed to get into the Europa

qualifiers.png

First match was pretty mental. Conceding 6 goals from less than 2xG is almost impressive 😂

4-6.png

Edited by villan95

Finished the 2032 season a few days ago and won my 2nd Copa Libertadores, 3 year gap from the last post. 

ydnDH34.png?ex=65fe57f0&is=65ebe2f0&hm=b0377e1e42fc85806d30f456bb4ece9b2aa7939d01b95df6eacf3b53d230ef7e&

Very easy in the end. Definitely the most straight forward final I've had. Oh yeah and I also resigned Lucciola for £134m because I missed him. 

VF6nX0b.png?ex=65fe57ef&is=65ebe2ef&hm=66fb48cd1d8081d31de0e00cdba1e9deb74f2db1fa8191fa84f1546a9af30ac2&

2dsppwi.png?ex=65fe57f0&is=65ebe2f0&hm=7fe17fc1d7d1435fd8fa5035c226af62b0dfea9c2041adccd80f04f8839a0bd0&

Had a real off year after my first CopaLib win but regrouped and won the past 2 league campaigns putting us up to 5 league titles. Never done a full on long term save in Brazil or South America before but despite maybe not looking that way, it hasn't been a walk in the park. Have to rely on decent youth intakes or just nabbing the good talents other sides produce because you can't farm wonderkids from Europe and build an unstoppable talent factory cycle, they just do not want to live in Brazil. I've got a very strong side but haven't reached the point yet where I'm blitzing absolutely everyone in sight which has surprised me a bit. 

Just to top this save off and cement it into my personal elite status, I can add another team to name their new stadium after my manager to the list. (Sparta Rotterdam FM19 / RB Leipzig FM22)

2bafbe24-676a-4d53-a8f8-9e8c699a29d3.png?ex=65fe59a5&is=65ebe4a5&hm=c0d95dcb3eefd145d31673f754231253d7952e5786fb49fbc97ceafa025f93e7&

• Like 3

Year 4 of my kaiserlautern game, I keep bottling the CL, 3 years in a row I've been in the CL places at the start of March and I've finished 5th, 7th and now 7th, won the conference to save my job (battered Zurich in the final, 30 shots in the first half, 80% possession) 

Mkyhtarian was awesome for me but did his knee and retired early, signed Messi but he retired after 14 months and didn't do a fat lot, I've found that all the Saudi players are available on a free within 2 years but want horrific wages right up until the end then go daft the other way, got milenkovic savic on £25k a week

Posted (edited)

For those who manages Villa, do you get annoyed at the way the Holte End is full of away fans? Or is it just in my save?

I'm onto 2029 season with villa, having won the la liga with real union twice in a row. My first year winning la liga was also when Don won the PL for us, must have been some party!

Then he left for PSG and for Zidane to destroy everything.

And JJ in this game, what a baller!

Edited by HongKongVillan

decided to start a new game. need a challenge having won 7 PLs in a row with villa which is possible to do with any PL side due to the finances involved once you've got a settled side, good prospects etc.

one thought was to take a struggling english team up to the PL but i'm going to find myself in the same boat once i get there so i've decided to give this "grow a nation" thing a go. wondered about scotland but think the scottish league's reputation is already too good and i'm not even going to bother with something like a san marino etc because i don't have the energy

i've decided on latvia, taking control of Riga (went there on a stag once...nice city). seems like it's somewhere between scotland and san marino in terms of reputation. wish me luck

• Like 1

On 19/03/2024 at 18:51, tomav84 said:

decided to start a new game. need a challenge having won 7 PLs in a row with villa which is possible to do with any PL side due to the finances involved once you've got a settled side, good prospects etc.

one thought was to take a struggling english team up to the PL but i'm going to find myself in the same boat once i get there so i've decided to give this "grow a nation" thing a go. wondered about scotland but think the scottish league's reputation is already too good and i'm not even going to bother with something like a san marino etc because i don't have the energy

i've decided on latvia, taking control of Riga (went there on a stag once...nice city). seems like it's somewhere between scotland and san marino in terms of reputation. wish me luck

Nice! Me and my pal have actually been playing a network game in Latvia with the aim of building the nation. We took a couple of the smaller teams though (Jelgava and Tukums) rather than Riga or RFS. We are about 6 seasons in if I recall. I have 3 or 4 league titles while he is still awaiting his first 😆 The multiplayer element has definitely been fun though.

So both my saves right now are build a nation but both enjoyable in different ways 😅

As for San Marino I've just started the 28/29 season. Lost in extra time of the CL playoffs to Celtic so back in the Europa League again. I've managed to drag us up the coefficients quite a bit so we now get 4 teams in European qualifiers.. unfortunately they don't get very far right now so all down to me 😅 I'm helping them as much as I can though with loans. Think we're up to 80 something players out on loan to the rest of the league right now. They have been a hassle to arrange though, I'm basically having to buy their bad players and send them players in part exchange most of the time. I do feel like I've laid good foundations at a few of the other teams though now as long as I can keep renewing the loans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villan95 said:

Nice! Me and my pal have actually been playing a network game in Latvia with the aim of building the nation. We took a couple of the smaller teams though (Jelgava and Tukums) rather than Riga or RFS. We are about 6 seasons in if I recall. I have 3 or 4 league titles while he is still awaiting his first 😆 The multiplayer element has definitely been fun though.

So both my saves right now are build a nation but both enjoyable in different ways 😅

As for San Marino I've just started the 28/29 season. Lost in extra time of the CL playoffs to Celtic so back in the Europa League again. I've managed to drag us up the coefficients quite a bit so we now get 4 teams in European qualifiers.. unfortunately they don't get very far right now so all down to me 😅 I'm helping them as much as I can though with loans. Think we're up to 80 something players out on loan to the rest of the league right now. They have been a hassle to arrange though, I'm basically having to buy their bad players and send them players in part exchange most of the time. I do feel like I've laid good foundations at a few of the other teams though now as long as I can keep renewing the loans.

i actually gave up on the latvia save when i saw the squad registration rules! i started a slovakian save instead

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i actually gave up on the latvia save when i saw the squad registration rules! i started a slovakian save instead

Ah yeah the squad registration rules are a little annoying.

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Ah yeah the squad registration rules are a little annoying.

i'm playing with zilina - thought might be a challenge. no money to spend, clear dominant team in the league to get past.

got to next qualifying round of conference league but got beaten by hibs. board were happy with that though

• Like 1

Just noticed Cameron Archer has turned into a bit of a beast in my San Marino save. He scored a decent number of goals for Sheff Utd before moving to Napoli on a free. Weirdly he's hardly played for them but he is now part of the England set up scoring a few goals which is where I noticed his name pop up.

Eng.png

Archer.png

• Shocked 1

Â