Football Manager 2024

Villaphan04

16 hours ago, villan95 said:

Enjoying this so far. The match engine seems much improved. Players moving a lot more fluidly.

Whats the selling of players like on this one?

The past few have been shit for this very hard

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

i'm interested to know how the intermediaries work in this. selling players is a pain sometimes so when i heard about this it sounded like a welcome addition

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbh I didn't really sign/sell anyone in the first window. I'll let you know how it goes when I do. I did have the Saudi teams bidding for a couple of players I didn't want to sell though (playing as Chelsea btw)

Edited by villan95
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Tbh I didn't really sign/sell anyone in the first window. I'll let you know how it goes when I do. I did have the Saudi teams bidding for a couple of players I didn't want to sell though (playing as Chelsea btw)

So quite realistic then 

• Like 1

On 23/10/2023 at 16:18, Zatman said:

Apparently the Saudi clubs are really annoying in the game and will just constantly bid for your players

I've seen very average PL quality players go to SA sides and earn £500k+ a week, it's mad. No idea what's going on with the finances of the clubs, can only assume the AI injects massive amounts of money in to them each season, ala the real 'public fund'. 

On 25/10/2023 at 15:46, Demitri_C said:

So I have managed to sell a couple of players I didn't want so far. Although tbf I've usually been able to sell players on FM anyway.

On 25/10/2023 at 18:02, tomav84 said:

i'm interested to know how the intermediaries work in this. selling players is a pain sometimes so when i heard about this it sounded like a welcome addition

So it seems like the intermediaries will only work if there is already interest in the player. You get a choice of a couple and they will say what sort of offers they can get from teams but they obviously want a cut of the transfer. So 1 might say they can get an offer of £10M but they want 5% and another might say they can get £12M but they want 10%

Just started up the Beta using the Real World feature and played about an hour so far. Its a bit different though we have about 8 injuries at the start and bizarrely McGinn on the transfer list

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Just started up the Beta using the Real World feature and played about an hour so far. Its a bit different though we have about 8 injuries at the start and bizarrely McGinn on the transfer list

Yeah I've noticed this, apparently our captain is 'surplus to requirements' 🙄😂

Alexander-Arnold also ended up listed in my save bizarrely 

5 hours ago, villan95 said:

Zaniolo ended up 2nd top scorer in the PL in my save with the AI managing Villa so seems like he's pretty good this game

Has been complains online that we are very overpowered in the game. I played 3 games and its the best we have ever been

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has been complains online that we are very overpowered in the game. I played 3 games and its the best we have ever been

Oh really? They finished 6th in my save and Brentford were 5th so didn't seem too OP overall.

14 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Oh really? They finished 6th in my save and Brentford were 5th so didn't seem too OP overall.

I saw a few peoples saying they had saves which we win the league in the first season

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I saw a few peoples saying they had saves which we win the league in the first season

Okay yeah that does sound a bit OP 😅 There's probably saves where Spurs and Utd win the league too which is equally broken 😆

• Haha 1

I've put about 5 hours in to the touch version on the switch, its a patch

surprisingly started as villa which I never do but I had a really good villa save on 23, bought barco, arnau martinez, almada, and then karim konate which I didn't need to do, sold hause to SA (for about 8m!) chambers to spurs (16m!!) and traore to SA (8m) im in about november and 3rd in the table, scoring tonnes of goals but spread around the team, ramsey playing as a support striker has 11 goals already, diaby is a monster, zaniolo is petty much zaniolo in real life, I'm scoring on average around 3 goals a game when you throw in the ECL which I've scored at least 5 in each game and he's got 1 goal, I've got 7 players with 3+ i think and he's got 1, I'd say watkins seems pretty realistic too, he's on around 7 goals and has inconsistencies 

same old with villa though which is why I don't enjoy playing as them - kellyman is a 2 star player, young 3.5, wilson 3, kerr 3.5 so I'm looking at it thinking none of the youngsters will break through and 5 years+ in ill have a team full of regens

its the usual FM where early doors I seem to get an insane amount of injuries (martinez has had 3 separate ones already before xmas) and unfortunately on the switch they've not fixed the game crashing during replays (i still play it text only with goal replays)

there's various tweaks all over which i dont notice already, not sure what the set piece editor really achieves yet, the big screen showing the game as you watch the game is **** brilliant 

so yeah its just an update of the transfers, £40 please mate.....yes sir, here's my £40 and 200 hours of my life....

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2023 at 05:14, villa4europe said:

same old with villa though which is why I don't enjoy playing as them - kellyman is a 2 star player, young 3.5, wilson 3, kerr 3.5 so I'm looking at it thinking none of the youngsters will break through and 5 years+ in ill have a team full of regens

TBH, one of the things I usually do before starting a save is tweaking some of the PA of a plethora of youth players as I rarely see any actual (real-life) players go on to be actual superstars in the game. 

• Like 1

Â